Game 57 : Blackhawks @ 26 Games Left

Might as well maintain status quo I guess.  But maybe firing Maurice now, lets you start having those conversations with other coaches without doing it behind your HC's back.  But really, you cant just fire Maurice.  You have to completely house clean.

When is Chevy's contract up?  He should be on the hot seat too.  And if the chatter about a fed-up Chipman is true, he might be.

Why fire Chevy?   The media and experts all look and see a very talented roster that is completely underperforming.  

This isn't a case where Maurice has no tools to get the job done... this is a case of a team not playing to it's level. 

A new coach would make much more sense then firing Chevy.

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Why fire Chevy?   The media and experts all look and see a very talented roster that is completely underperforming.  

This isn't a case where Maurice has no tools to get the job done... this is a case of a team not playing to it's level. 

A new coach would make much more sense then firing Chevy.

The youth isnt under performing.  But Buff is.  Now third pairing D of any note.  And no back up goalie of any note.  Listen to Lawless, who often speaks between the lines - wrong group of players.  Thats on Chevy.  He's not a psychic but he's a GM and he's the slowest moving GM in the NHL.  Maybe other than Boston who fired their coach.

Im not saying Chevy is bad.  But are we going to say oh young team under performing for ten years and miss our shot?  Why is Stu here?  Why is Thorbs here?  Why is Chiarot/Postma the answer for bottom pairing?  You could make the argument that Pavs being recalled was Chevy refusing to go out and get a different goaltending option. 

Chevy will get one more coaching change.  But if Chipman announced tomorrow that every one was fired, it wouldnt shock me.  It would surprise me because thats not what the Jets do.  But it wouldnt shock me.  At the end of the day, Chevy is responsible.

Probably because Helle wasn't playing like an NHL goalie at the time? Nobody thinks Pavs is the long term solution but Hutch certainly isn't the short term solution and the way Helle was playing, neither was he. I wouldn't care if Pavs never plays another game in net for us as long as we start winning a few games and stop letting in easy goals which is something all 3 goalies have done with regularity this season.

I'd be shocked if Chevy was fired.

Was the Boston media talking about Julien being extended this summer?

The story is Bruins President Cam Neely wanted Julien gone last summer but GM Sweeney wanted to keep him.  So he got another year.  But Sweeney didnt really do anything to make the Bruins better.  And Julien was given mixed messages of "play the youth" and "make the playoffs now".  The reporter on H&L last night really savaged Neely saying he was a guy who wanted to be in charge who didnt want to do any of the work.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The youth isnt under performing.  But Buff is.  Now third pairing D of any note.  And no back up goalie of any note.  Listen to Lawless, who often speaks between the lines - wrong group of players.  Thats on Chevy.  He's not a psychic but he's a GM and he's the slowest moving GM in the NHL.  Maybe other than Boston who fired their coach.

Im not saying Chevy is bad.  But are we going to say oh young team under performing for ten years and miss our shot?  Why is Stu here?  Why is Thorbs here?  Why is Chiarot/Postma the answer for bottom pairing?  You could make the argument that Pavs being recalled was Chevy refusing to go out and get a different goaltending option. 

Chevy will get one more coaching change.  But if Chipman announced tomorrow that every one was fired, it wouldnt shock me.  It would surprise me because thats not what the Jets do.  But it wouldnt shock me.  At the end of the day, Chevy is responsible.

So you are saying the guys that Chevy drafted are performing well?

Didn't Buff and Hutch play much better the prior 2 seasons?   Nobody came into this season expecting Hutch to be below 900 and a higher GAA,

Buff was trending upwards before he re-signed... this season he has plummeted. 

Same goes with Perreault and Chairot.  Did Chevy expect Myers to be out all season with injury?

I don't see how anything can be pinned on Chevy?   The mistakes he's made are minor. 

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Didn't Buff and Hutch play much better the prior 2 seasons?   Nobody came into this season expecting Hutch to be below 900 and a higher GAA,

Same goes with Perreault and Chairot.  Did Chevy expect Myers to be out all season with injury?

I don't see how anything can be pinned on Chevy?   The mistakes he's made are minor. 

Did not think Hutch had a good year last year. Buff is better when the team is winning. Perreault is playing on the same level as last year. He's a d-forward now. Chairot not been same since injury.

I'll blame Chevy for dumping Pav b4 season and not picking up any of the multiple UFA goalies the last couple of years.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So you are saying the guys that Chevy drafted are performing well?

Actually Chiarot wasnt good last year.  The bottom pairing have been bad for awhile.  Started the season without Trouba but with Myers so thats a wash.  Did nothing to make bottom pairing better.

We all expected the Jets do be better.  Though I did say it could be a step back year.  Talent is one thing. Effort is another.  The coaches arent working or the wrong mix of players.  Either way, that's Chevy's department. 

We all know there have been times players quit and coaches got fired because you cant fire the players.  But its accepted.  Bad teams have to assign blame and it goes to the coach until enough coaches get fired that it goes to the GM.