OK can we call a spade a spade and stop with the assinine Pav experiment already???

IC Khari

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

For the most part... our entire d system looks exactly like Stuart. 

What it's done Is actually made people think coaching isn't the biggest problem when it most certainly is. 

Lawless ripping in to the "Atlanta core" on h and L today tho. Not sure what Atlanta core means but apparently it's buff wheeler little Toby. Weirdest thing is he doesn't include pav Thor and Stu who waste about 7.7 million in cap space 

Paul Maurice is Lawless's Mark Stuart...  

Another fun fact...  the Jets are the BEST team Maurice has ever coached (.535 win %)

2014 was the ONLY year he's broken 40 win ceiling in his career...

Pavs came up as a desperation move, pure and simple.  

Jets were already paying this guy, so they took a flyer, to see if he could string something together.   He can't.    He will be gone, soon enough.     Jets tried to run this year, with both young guys, and it blew up in their faces, and probably cost us a playoff spot.....

On 2/6/2017 at 11:45 PM, Floyd said:

Paul Maurice is Lawless's Mark Stuart...  

Another fun fact...  the Jets are the BEST team Maurice has ever coached (.535 win %)

2014 was the ONLY year he's broken 40 win ceiling in his career...

He doesnt rip on Stu and Thorbs because their impact on the team is minimal.  His point is they have the wrong mix of players, especially in the leadership areas.  The young talent is there.  But one could argue that the most expensive D (Buff & Toby) havent been good enough.  Lack of effort, you can look internally at the team leadership and coaching. 

17 hours ago, do or die said:

Pavs came up as a desperation move, pure and simple.  

Jets were already paying this guy, so they took a flyer, to see if he could string something together.   He can't.    He will be gone, soon enough.     Jets tried to run this year, with both young guys, and it blew up in their faces, and probably cost us a playoff spot.....

Losing Myers was significant to make this even worse.

Changed the whole look of our defensive schemes. I think he's more important to this team then some realize imo.

Yeah I also dont hang this all on Chevy trying to cheap out with goaltending.  They took their chances a bit with Helle because of the small sample size but how long would they need to know Hutch was a capable back up?  He showed he was.  And you cant hang it all on the goaltending when the team D has been so bad for so long and far too many games the team showed little fight or fire.

We would have needed a spectacular goalie stealing games this year.  And you cant really plan for that. 

If you play to the teams strengths aka skill and speed... you'd see different results.  We don't do that tho. We dump and chase like 8 year Olds.  In the D zone we play man to man and 1 guy chases his guy all over our end. 

The passive PK is a pretty great example of poor coaching. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

All 3 goalies struggled this year...not just Hutch. He just struggled the worse.

So why have you argued so vehemently in support of the goalie with the worst stats of the three?

And one could make the argument that Pavs struggled more than Hutch based on his WORSE stats, especially during a period the Jets plays better.  Dont say "wins" because as Goalie pointed out, the Jets scored WAY more goals with Pavs in net than either Helle or Hutch.  Had the Jets scored only 2 goals in each of Pavs games, you'd then say Pavs is a terrible goalie who is worse than Hutch?  Goals for has nothing to do with the goalie.

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So why have you argued so vehemently in support of the goalie with the worst stats of the three?

And one could make the argument that Pavs struggled more than Hutch based on his WORSE stats, especially during a period the Jets plays better.  Dont say "wins" because as Goalie pointed out, the Jets scored WAY more goals with Pavs in net than either Helle or Hutch.  Had the Jets scored only 2 goals in each of Pavs games, you'd then say Pavs is a terrible goalie who is worse than Hutch?  Goals for has nothing to do with the goalie.

Last time I say this...Pavs has the same amount as wins as Hutch inless than half the games. I think Pavs will win more games than Helle would. My opinion. I think Helle should get about 18 or so of the 26 games left but I don't want to see Hutch in net again and Pavs is the other choice so for those 7-8 games, I would rather see Pavs because he gives us a better chance of winning, okay? Capiche? I will say one more time, it would be nice to never see either of them in a Jets uni again but these are the players Chevy has supplied.

How many coaches that have been interviewed since the two latest firings have said, show me a good coach and i will show you a goalie playing well....

Edited by Ducky

Considering I have never said that and have backed Helle's development and have continually said that he is probably our #1 goalie going forward and I have said that he should get about 18 of the remaining 26 games, I won't get into that argument. Do I get on his ass when he has a bad game? Fak ya...but i do that to any/every player. Ehlers and Laine haven't been playing all that well for the last 3 weeks or so and I have come down on them and this is prior to Maurice disciplining them.

So you think Hutch should have been the starter from day one this season?

Edited by Ducky

10 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Considering I have never said that and have backed Helle's development and have continually said that he is probably our #1 goalie going forward and I have said that he should get about 18 of the remaining 26 games, I won't get into that argument. Do I get on his ass when he has a bad game? Fak ya...but i do that to any/every player. Ehlers and Laine haven't been playing all that well for the last 3 weeks or so and I have come down on them and this is prior to Maurice disciplining them.

So you think Hutch should have been the starter from day one this season?

you said you think Pavs will win more than Helle.  Ergo, if thats true, shouldnt he have been the starter from day one...if wins is what matters?

And no, Im on record as saying during training camp that Hutch should have backed up Comrie and Pavs backed up Helle.

Since we're in revisionist history mode...

If Maurice doesn't play Trouba on the third pairing last year with Stuart, then he probably doesn't hold out this year and maybe we're in the wildcard race...

Or if Myers doesn't get hurt, maybe Trouba is still stuck on the third pairing 'developing' behind Myers...  and Trouba is on the trading block

But none of that happened - just like Pavs wasn't our starter or backup to start the season...

35 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

you said you think Pavs will win more than Helle.  Ergo, if thats true, shouldnt he have been the starter from day one...if wins is what matters?

And no, Im on record as saying during training camp that Hutch should have backed up Comrie and Pavs backed up Helle.

No I did not...and if i did, i meant to say Hutch....I have caught myself mixing up their names on here before....today actually and had to edit the post but to my knowledge, I have never said Pavs would win more games than Helle, only more games than Hutch. That was what the debate was about yesterday....Hutch with a win every 4 games and Pavs with one every two games I'd take Pavs.

I would and will cheer for Hutch if he is in net again for the Jets because I am a Jets' fan but I never want to se Hutch in a Jets uni again.

5 hours ago, Ducky said:

Many might think that it would be pissing you off?

If you're admitting your goal here is to purposely aggravate other posters then perhaps you should take a break from here and find something more productive to do 

truth be told I like your contributions here. But you've been off the deep end lately.