Game 56 : Land of 10,000 Lakes @ Land of 100,000 Lakes

Just now, Ducky said:

We're playing them the night before Chicago comes in and plays them...might get their backup?

Helle starts?

Isn't Chicago our next game after Minny? Pav probably plays Minny. It doesn't matter who starts tho.  If the team in front doesn't show up... we are going to be killed 

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

We're playing them the night before Chicago comes in and plays them...might get their backup?

Helle starts?

and if Helle plays, it will be 12 days since he last played....if he doesn't get in until the Chicago game, it will be 15 days. Way to let him keep warm and in a rhythm after a big win...

Colorado really was the game that Helle should have started... but I think Maurice keeps running with Pavs now - except both the Jets and Pavs are coming back to the reality that we won't score four goals every game

Streak watch:  13 games - Jets have allowed 3 or more goals

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

Colorado really was the game that Helle should have started... but I think Maurice keeps running with Pavs now - except both the Jets and Pavs are coming back to the reality that we won't score four goals every game

Streak watch:  13 games - Jets have allowed 3 or more goals

It will continue for a while. The D zone system is a joke 

Some players appear to think they don't have to play hard every game. Always ready to play Chicago, then can't be bothered with Colorado.

How do you change that?

.......The Popgun video was the worst thing I've watched since I got youtube. Was that person male or female?  

Thanks Floyd.

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

Some players appear to think they don't have to play hard every game. Always ready to play Chicago, then can't be bothered with Colorado.

How do you change that?

.......The Popgun video was the worst thing I've watched since I got youtube. Was that person male or female?  

Thanks Floyd.

First of all, by worst, I'm assuming you mean best.  And you're welcome.

As for changing the Jets...  remember this team ONLY made the playoffs BECAUSE they started winning games once their best defencemen got injured and Maurice had to tighten up the system... once healthy, they went immediately back to the old run-n-gun Jets, started losing again and only squeaked into the playoffs because Pavs went on his annual 'streak' at the right time.

First step is getting someone like Boudreau, Trotz or Hitchcock and install a system.  Maurice and Noel both tried to nurture their stars, give them leeway and, at best, install 'consistency'.  Its not working.

Ehlers and Laine really need a system and guidance right now. 

Second step is to recognize that Buff is unfortunately not a 25-30 minute a game Dman.  

Put him back with Enstrom as second pairing and maybe that helps Enstrom a bit too.

But, with Buff's contract, how do you tell Trouba he's not worth $8 million a season now?  If Trouba walks, get ready to become LeafsNation west.

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Hitchcock is harder on kids and loves his vets more than Maurice does. 

He's also got a winning record and tends to get his teams to the playoffs every year.  Tarasenko and many other young guys didn't seem to have any problem thriving under Hitchcock.

I liked Maurice's quote about how he'll know when his team has turned the corner... 'its consistency in their play'... so what does that mean...?

If his 2001-02 Hurricanes were in the west, his Stanley Cup final team wouldn't have made the playoffs... if his Division wasn't garbage, he would have squeaked into a wildcard spot.  

His career coaching record is .503 and career win % is .472  He had Vezina winning Cam Ward in 2010-11 and finished with a .555 coaching record.  

Before the 2014 Jets, his teams had never finished higher than 91 points...

He's actually never coached a team that has turned the corner...  yet he keeps getting chances...

...  HE'S THE PAVELEC OF NHL COACHES!!!! AAAAIIIGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

janet-leigh-is-just-screaming-her-direct

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nice to see more and more people on here starting to question the coaching. Welcome to the dark side and probably to Duckys ignore list 

There's like maybe eight posters on the hockey side of thing ...  

But yes, its nice to see more and more people on here agreeing with me.  

me4.jpg