Game 55 : Polar Vortex @ Colorado Low

Who gets the start?

I've given up guessing who Maurice is going to start in net.

Avs record...

7-24-2 against the West...

9 losses in a row...

-72 goal differential...

3.44 GAA...

28 points so far this season...

I was at the game here mid-December and the Jets dominated them with Iggy getting a goal with 2 minutes leftin the game to spoil the shutout. Helle played very well.

5-2 Jets if Helle plays.

Edited by Ducky

Pavelec will play. 

GUARANTEED 

9 and 0 vs the Central in out last 9 games. Can they make it 10? I'm afraid that they have a tendency to play down to the other teams level and hope that's not the case here. This is a game that will show me if the Jets are playoff contenders or pretenders. A playoff contender would come out and stomp the Avs. Ass wooping style.  I want to see them destroy the Avs. No mercy. Hopefully they do that.  If not and we lose... yeah we ain't making the playoffs 

Edited by Goalie

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Pavelec will play. 

GUARANTEED 

9 and 0 vs the Central in out last 9 games. Can they make it 10? I'm afraid that they have a tendency to play down to the other teams level and hope that's not the case here. This is a game that will show me if the Jets are playoff contenders or pretenders. A playoff contender would come out and stomp the Avs. Ass wooping style.  I want to see them destroy the Avs. No mercy. Hopefully they do that.  If not and we lose... yeah we ain't making the playoffs 

giphy.gif

Someone once posted on here, a couple years ago, that Pavelec was always good for "his annual 10-game heater".....I'm not sure if this is it, but when the man (and the team, as a whole, for that matter) is on one, you ride it as long as you can...

I think Maurice will switch fast though when Pavs has a bad game and they lose. It's desperation time. It's psychological Balance. Yeah maybe he's not great but we're winning. That sort of thing. 

Also its possible Maurice is really "coaching" Helle doing this. And trying to reset him a bit. It mihjt be better for Helle long term 

but it sounds like for sure they aren't sending Pavs back down within the no waivers window. So Hutch carries a roster spot all year for nothing. And that's as good as telling Hutch he's done. 

I wonder if they try to trade him in the off season or just send him to the Moose and how Hutch feels about that. There was talk San Jose was interested in him. 

Pav is definitely on his streak... but its unfortunate to see Helle sit against Colorado - I'd like to see Pavs play 2-3 games then Helle 1 and cycle that through rest of the season...  its nice to win but the team is just treading water again.

watched part of Pittsburgh v. Columbus last night.

No giveaways in their own end, no stupid passes across the ice right front of their own net, (always moved the puck out of their own end along the boards, just like in the good old days), no breakaways allowed by either  team. no taking one guy in front of their own net, leaving another uncovered, and so on.

I've never played organized hockey, but I do not understand what is hard about those things.

Jets defence has a way to go. Those teams give their goalies a lot more help than the Jets.

They also forecheck much  more effectively than the Jets, another thing from past days of hockey. similar to the old bruins, or the flyers. fun to watch it was. very organized team play.

Edited by Mark F

Really good play by armia on the second goal. We lost the face off but Army went in and hammered somebody behind the net and took the puck away from them. 10 seconds later he picks up an assist on the goal. As I am posting this there is a challenge  on the third goal.

Edited by Ducky