Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown Poster

Canadian Politics

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

I love how the alt-right try to paint Nazis as "leftists". What a efing world we live in now. 

By what measure is a socialist not on the politically Left? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JCon said:

I love how the alt-right try to paint Nazis as "leftists". What a efing world we live in now. 

Because they were.

Ignorance of this by people who use "Nazi" as a sword to bully and stifle dissent is no defense. 

People using Nazi rhetoric and props thinking they are defending the idea of personal liberty pattriotism or culture is equally, ,if not more, ignorant.

 

Edited by Zontar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably pointless, but I'll try anyway:

To put it simply, if you go all the way to the far left, you get complete government control.

When you go to all the way to the far right, you get complete corporate control, enabled by government.

Surely you're aware of corporations that benefited from and aided the Nazi regime?  https://allthatsinteresting.com/major-brands-nazi-collaborators

This is not ignorance - it's the way the political spectrum works.

No matter who you are, what you believe and which politics you lean towards - extremism and fundamentalism are dangerous beasts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JCon said:

I love how the alt-right try to paint Nazis as "leftists". What a efing world we live in now. 

I briefly by accident turned on Rush once. He said Hitler was a Nazi and a socialist. 

couldn't believe it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Zontar said:

Nazis.

As in Natonal Socialism

As in the National Socialist Workers Party.

It's the second word in the name of their party for pitys sake.

I'll see that and raise you the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.  First word.  Present day North Korea.  Sometimes names aren't chosen for their accuracy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Anyone think a  Communist is farther left then a socialist?

 

"The goal of socialism is communism."

-V.Lenin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

This is probably pointless, but I'll try anyway:

To put it simply, if you go all the way to the far left, you get complete government control.

When you go to all the way to the far right, you get complete corporate control, enabled by government.

Surely you're aware of corporations that benefited from and aided the Nazi regime?  https://allthatsinteresting.com/major-brands-nazi-collaborators

This is not ignorance - it's the way the political spectrum works.

No matter who you are, what you believe and which politics you lean towards - extremism and fundamentalism are dangerous beasts.

 

There's a lot I could suggest to you but if you could read only on thing read up on The German Labour Front.

When you are done..from that moment on..you will never say with a straight face Nazi Germany wasn't soicialist. Ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Zontar said:

There's a lot I could suggest to you but if you could read only on thing read up on The German Labour Front.

When you are done..from that moment on..you will never say with a straight face Nazi Germany wasn't soicialist. Ever.

I know about that.  When you go the extreme right or the extreme left, you get something like The German Labour Front or Russian Communism.

I don't have a problem saying that Nazi Germany was an extreme form of socialism - because it was.  But Hitler's policies are also found on the extreme right - fascism.  

The political spectrum is really a circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zontar said:

No, you don't or we wouldn't be having this exchange.

Ok then.  Somehow you don't know or can't accept that both extremes of the political spectrum are one and the same.

I'll move on - it was pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Ok then.  Somehow you don't know or can't accept that both extremes of the political spectrum are one and the same.

I'll move on - it was pointless.

They really aren't. You're doing it wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This photo says a lot, not only does Kenney disagree  with the carbon tax, he doesn't give a damn about climate change and he's proud to project that image to the world.  Sounds like a real leader, I'm actually surprised the truck isn't a 350 considering all the baggage he has to haul around.

alta-ucp-kenney-20180713.jpg

Full story.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-gas-prices-climate-change-analysis-wherry-1.5079772

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason Kenney makes me sick. And what makes me even more sick is the ******* in this province either endorsing the hatred he's spewing or over looking it. 

 

Too many people think it's the same PCs we had before, but it's not, this is basically Wild Rose turned up to 11. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Can we stop pretending that our society isn't already socialist? 

It's certainly not capitalist, even those mighty capitalists get plenty of government assistance. 

I'm new here... Was someone suggesting that we aren't quite a way down the socialist sh1t-slope already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Can we stop pretending that our society isn't already socialist? 

It's certainly not capitalist, even those mighty capitalists get plenty of government assistance. 

We have socialist capitalism.  No need for corporations invest in a new business - let the government establish one and they'll eventually sell it to them.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

We have socialist capitalism.  No need for corporations invest in a new business - let the government establish one and they'll eventually sell it to them.
 

On the other hand, they could also start a new business and then have the government bail it out when they threaten to move or close down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-04-06 at 7:29 PM, Mark H. said:

Ok then.  Somehow you don't know or can't accept that both extremes of the political spectrum are one and the same.

I'll move on - it was pointless.

Or maybe just maybe, autocratic and tyrannical leaders were/are actually apolitical and the politics were/are just a means to an end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mark H. said:

We have socialist capitalism.  No need for corporations invest in a new business - let the government establish one and they'll eventually sell it to them.
 

Socialism for the rich and capitalism for the poor and middle-class.    https://www.newsweek.com/robert-reich-why-socialism-rich-capitalism-poor-455066

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bluto said:

Dude... We've been fighting for this for decades. 

It won't fix everything overnight... But it's a relief that my local governments are finally willing to treat me like an adult who can decide to have a cold beer in a parking lot by the lake before a football game and not have anyone get hurt by it. Like it should have ever been any of their concern...

Yup. And you wouldn't believe the complaining from people just looking to try and score anti-Ford Pokémon points. 

This move hurts absolutely no one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...