Jump to content

Canadian Politics


Recommended Posts

dont know if people followed this..... near Victoria last week

 

"Police, including officers from the heavily armed Greater Victoria Emergency Response Team, were called to the Bank of Montreal branch on Shelbourne Street in Saanich around 11 a.m. Tuesday for reports of a bank robbery.

Officers encountered the two suspects as they were leaving the bank, and a shootout ensued.

The suspects were killed and six officers were injured. While police initially said they were investigating the possibility of a third suspect involved in the robbery attempt, Bérubé said Saturday that investigators now believe the Auchterlonie brothers were the only suspects in the bank.

After the initial exchange of gunfire, police found "improvised explosive devices" inside the suspects' vehicle,"

three cops in intensive care. two now out.

 

 

"An Instagram account belonging to one of the two gunmen killed in a shootout at a bank in Saanich, B.C., this week paints a picture of a young man who believed gun ownership was a necessary response to government "tyranny."

In one post that seems particularly troubling in retrospect, Auchterlonie shared clips from a documentary about the 1997 North Hollywood shootout, in which two heavily armed people robbed a bank and injured more than a dozen people during a 44-minute standoff with police.

The Auchterlonie brothers injured six police officers during their shootout this week. Three remained in hospital as of Thursday.

Auchterlonie's Instagram post about the North Hollywood incident was posted on the event's anniversary and captioned only with "24 years ago today" and some hashtags.

Another post on the account expressed opposition to COVID-19 vaccination and contrasted it with gun control legislation.

"When they try to give vaccine and they also try and take guns," the post read, followed by the hashtags #tryandtakeit and #getwhatyoudeserve, as well as one directing profanity at Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.""

anyone who celebrates the two criminals in the North Hollywood shootout, is depraved. numerous people injured......It is the source of the uparming of police in murica, who were outgunned by the crazed criminals. wiki on it is interesting. called one of the biggest police criminal gun battles ever.

 

 

so these two losers had much in common with the freedom convoy crowd, and the politicians that support them.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/saanich-b-c-gunman-s-instagram-account-featured-rifles-anti-government-hashtags-1.5971975

 

Edited by Mark F
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

dont know if people followed this..... near Victoria last week

 

"Police, including officers from the heavily armed Greater Victoria Emergency Response Team, were called to the Bank of Montreal branch on Shelbourne Street in Saanich around 11 a.m. Tuesday for reports of a bank robbery.

Officers encountered the two suspects as they were leaving the bank, and a shootout ensued.

The suspects were killed and six officers were injured. While police initially said they were investigating the possibility of a third suspect involved in the robbery attempt, Bérubé said Saturday that investigators now believe the Auchterlonie brothers were the only suspects in the bank.

After the initial exchange of gunfire, police found "improvised explosive devices" inside the suspects' vehicle,"

three cops in intensive care. two now out.

 

 

"An Instagram account belonging to one of the two gunmen killed in a shootout at a bank in Saanich, B.C., this week paints a picture of a young man who believed gun ownership was a necessary response to government "tyranny."

In one post that seems particularly troubling in retrospect, Auchterlonie shared clips from a documentary about the 1997 North Hollywood shootout, in which two heavily armed people robbed a bank and injured more than a dozen people during a 44-minute standoff with police.

The Auchterlonie brothers injured six police officers during their shootout this week. Three remained in hospital as of Thursday.

Auchterlonie's Instagram post about the North Hollywood incident was posted on the event's anniversary and captioned only with "24 years ago today" and some hashtags.

Another post on the account expressed opposition to COVID-19 vaccination and contrasted it with gun control legislation.

"When they try to give vaccine and they also try and take guns," the post read, followed by the hashtags #tryandtakeit and #getwhatyoudeserve, as well as one directing profanity at Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.""

anyone who celebrates the two criminals in the North Hollywood shootout, is depraved. numerous people injured......It is the source of the uparming of police in murica, who were outgunned by the crazed criminals. wiki on it is interesting. called one of the biggest police criminal gun battles ever.

 

 

so these two losers had much in common with the freedom convoy crowd, and the politicians that support them.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/saanich-b-c-gunman-s-instagram-account-featured-rifles-anti-government-hashtags-1.5971975

 

Inspired by Hell Or High Water?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, WildPath said:

I would argue that they have changed provincial politics. Manitoba quickly caved to them for example, not to mention the preferential treatment they received when they occupied Winnipeg.

PP also took credit along with them for removal of some of the federal vax mandates that were removed, but I'm not sure they played as big a role in federal decisions as they did in provincial decisions.

This impact cannot be under estimated.

On 2022-07-02 at 1:18 PM, Bugsybombers said:

When I watch clips of these protestors,  words fail me in regards to who stupid they are.  I saw them signing a petition to have Trudeau arrested for treason. Do they even know what treason means? What alternate universe are they living in when they think they will make changes.  99.99 % of Canadians are either laughing at them or really angry with their actions. As for them calling themselves"patriots"- wrapping yourself in a flag or carrying a flag does not make you a patriot. I have had relatives who have died fighting for this country's freedom. They are the real patriots, not these bunch of morons. As for the conservative "leaders" who support them. These leaders will turn on them in a second to suit their own goals. They are only in it for their own gain, like most politicians

The first mistake is to assume they are all stupid - they aren't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

dont know if people followed this..... near Victoria last week

 

"Police, including officers from the heavily armed Greater Victoria Emergency Response Team, were called to the Bank of Montreal branch on Shelbourne Street in Saanich around 11 a.m. Tuesday for reports of a bank robbery.

Officers encountered the two suspects as they were leaving the bank, and a shootout ensued.

The suspects were killed and six officers were injured. While police initially said they were investigating the possibility of a third suspect involved in the robbery attempt, Bérubé said Saturday that investigators now believe the Auchterlonie brothers were the only suspects in the bank.

After the initial exchange of gunfire, police found "improvised explosive devices" inside the suspects' vehicle,"

three cops in intensive care. two now out.

 

 

"An Instagram account belonging to one of the two gunmen killed in a shootout at a bank in Saanich, B.C., this week paints a picture of a young man who believed gun ownership was a necessary response to government "tyranny."

In one post that seems particularly troubling in retrospect, Auchterlonie shared clips from a documentary about the 1997 North Hollywood shootout, in which two heavily armed people robbed a bank and injured more than a dozen people during a 44-minute standoff with police.

The Auchterlonie brothers injured six police officers during their shootout this week. Three remained in hospital as of Thursday.

Auchterlonie's Instagram post about the North Hollywood incident was posted on the event's anniversary and captioned only with "24 years ago today" and some hashtags.

Another post on the account expressed opposition to COVID-19 vaccination and contrasted it with gun control legislation.

"When they try to give vaccine and they also try and take guns," the post read, followed by the hashtags #tryandtakeit and #getwhatyoudeserve, as well as one directing profanity at Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.""

anyone who celebrates the two criminals in the North Hollywood shootout, is depraved. numerous people injured......It is the source of the uparming of police in murica, who were outgunned by the crazed criminals. wiki on it is interesting. called one of the biggest police criminal gun battles ever.

so these two losers had much in common with the freedom convoy crowd, and the politicians that support them.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/saanich-b-c-gunman-s-instagram-account-featured-rifles-anti-government-hashtags-1.5971975

 

No surprise that the anti-everything-that-isn't-mine group would be fond of violence.  Too many cops have been doting on them without realizing that these cretins will kill them on the slightest of whims.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Tracker said:

No surprise that the anti-everything-that-isn't-mine group would be fond of violence.  Too many cops have been doting on them without realizing that these cretins will kill them on the slightest of whims.

Its too easy to embrace misinformation and encourage hate while still separating yourself when things like this happen. They go hand-in-hand. Many of these extremist views have be given far too much credibility lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mark F said:

dont know if people followed this..... near Victoria last week

 

"Police, including officers from the heavily armed Greater Victoria Emergency Response Team, were called to the Bank of Montreal branch on Shelbourne Street in Saanich around 11 a.m. Tuesday for reports of a bank robbery.

Officers encountered the two suspects as they were leaving the bank, and a shootout ensued.

The suspects were killed and six officers were injured. While police initially said they were investigating the possibility of a third suspect involved in the robbery attempt, Bérubé said Saturday that investigators now believe the Auchterlonie brothers were the only suspects in the bank.

After the initial exchange of gunfire, police found "improvised explosive devices" inside the suspects' vehicle,"

three cops in intensive care. two now out.

 

 

"An Instagram account belonging to one of the two gunmen killed in a shootout at a bank in Saanich, B.C., this week paints a picture of a young man who believed gun ownership was a necessary response to government "tyranny."

In one post that seems particularly troubling in retrospect, Auchterlonie shared clips from a documentary about the 1997 North Hollywood shootout, in which two heavily armed people robbed a bank and injured more than a dozen people during a 44-minute standoff with police.

The Auchterlonie brothers injured six police officers during their shootout this week. Three remained in hospital as of Thursday.

Auchterlonie's Instagram post about the North Hollywood incident was posted on the event's anniversary and captioned only with "24 years ago today" and some hashtags.

Another post on the account expressed opposition to COVID-19 vaccination and contrasted it with gun control legislation.

"When they try to give vaccine and they also try and take guns," the post read, followed by the hashtags #tryandtakeit and #getwhatyoudeserve, as well as one directing profanity at Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.""

anyone who celebrates the two criminals in the North Hollywood shootout, is depraved. numerous people injured......It is the source of the uparming of police in murica, who were outgunned by the crazed criminals. wiki on it is interesting. called one of the biggest police criminal gun battles ever.

 

 

so these two losers had much in common with the freedom convoy crowd, and the politicians that support them.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/saanich-b-c-gunman-s-instagram-account-featured-rifles-anti-government-hashtags-1.5971975

 

Here is a link to a YouTube video showing the contents of that Instagram account, doubt it will be up for long.  Pretty disturbing content but sure looks like suicide by cop rather than a bank robbery.  I guess it's fortunate they didn't choose a school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnBl5szW_Qw&ab_channel=JayRoze

The warning signs for these actions are often posted publicly on the Internet, it isn't difficult for a program to recognize and flag such content, notify the RCMP of it's existence and bring the account holder in for a chat and perhaps some pre-emptive counselling.  God forbid their FREEDUM! is infringed upon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Pretty disturbing content

 

gun lovers. should have gone to fight in real war somewhere if they were so enamoured with it.

these losers might have killed this guy. not far from Duncan. May this year.

"The family of a man killed by a stray bullet while dirt biking near Ladysmith is urging recreational shooters to take care in the area.

Simon Tozer, 52, was dirt biking with his adult son and nephew just after 4 p.m. Feb. 21 when he was killed by a single gunshot to the chest.

The three had been riding single-file in a popular off-road area near Timberlands Road, north of Ladysmith, and could hear the sounds of recreational shooters off in the distance.

Tozer, who was at the back of the line, suddenly went down."

Stray bullet.... maybe not.

wonder if this is their father....

On June 18, Vice-Admiral Bob Auchterlonie returned to the Canadian Joint Operations Command (CJOC), when he assumed leadership of the command from Acting Commander Major-General Bill Seymour. Vice-Admiral Auchterlonie returns to CJOC after three years as the Commander Maritime Forces Pacific / Joint Task Force Pacific in Esquimalt, British Columbia. Prior to that, from 2016 to 2018 he served as the Deputy Commander of CJOC. In his 34-year military career, Vice-Admiral Auchterlonie has spent considerable time at sea and ashore with both the Pacific and Atlantic Fleets .

esquimalt is Victoria. right near duncan. media here are doing nothinglike they tend to do figuring out family background.

 

 

Edited by Mark F
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

 

gun lovers. should have gone to fight in real war somewhere if they were so enamoured with it.

these losers might have killed this guy. not far from Duncan. May this year.

"The family of a man killed by a stray bullet while dirt biking near Ladysmith is urging recreational shooters to take care in the area.

Simon Tozer, 52, was dirt biking with his adult son and nephew just after 4 p.m. Feb. 21 when he was killed by a single gunshot to the chest.

The three had been riding single-file in a popular off-road area near Timberlands Road, north of Ladysmith, and could hear the sounds of recreational shooters off in the distance.

Tozer, who was at the back of the line, suddenly went down."

Stray bullet.... maybe not.

wonder if this is their father....

On June 18, Vice-Admiral Bob Auchterlonie returned to the Canadian Joint Operations Command (CJOC), when he assumed leadership of the command from Acting Commander Major-General Bill Seymour. Vice-Admiral Auchterlonie returns to CJOC after three years as the Commander Maritime Forces Pacific / Joint Task Force Pacific in Esquimalt, British Columbia. Prior to that, from 2016 to 2018 he served as the Deputy Commander of CJOC. In his 34-year military career, Vice-Admiral Auchterlonie has spent considerable time at sea and ashore with both the Pacific and Atlantic Fleets .

esquimalt is Victoria. right near duncan. media here are doing nothinglike they tend to do figuring out family background.

 

 

No, that is not the father but may be a relative, apparently there is a sister making them a set of triplets. They are from an avid hunting family, I don't know how parents can be so blind to the direction their children are heading, but just as likely the parents gave them an early push in that direction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

No

on the youtube you linked there is an alex jones type comment... they were tricked into doing it, they want to take your guns, why were the cops right nearby stuff. 

watch for that to amplify.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, JCon said:

Working with terrorists, the right. 

 

What an idiot. Why implicate yourself like that with such a stupid movement spearheaded by human garbage? Oh, wait... I answered my own question.

Meanwhile, a former conservative isn't feeling too good about her party: https://www.hilltimes.com/2022/07/04/the-way-were-heading-were-unelectable-says-former-conservative-senator-lebreton/370138

Quote

After losing three back-to-back winnable elections, the Conservatives are now undergoing their third leadership election in seven years and if they don’t get it right this time, the party could fracture, says Marjory LeBreton, former Conservative government leader in the Senate who retired in 2015.

“I’m very fearful, we’ve got to get this right,” said LeBreton, who was also a cabinet minister in the Stephen Harper government between 2006 and 2013. “All the candidates bring their ideas forward, and some of them I wouldn’t support in a million years, but they’ve got the right to say what they would do. All of the issues that everyone’s bringing to the table will never get addressed if we are unelectable. And at the moment, the way we’re heading, we are unelectable.”

LeBreton, who has been a political insider since John Diefenbaker’s time and was appointed to the Red Chamber in 1993 by former PC prime minister Brian Mulroney, said the leadership vote is not only critical for the party, but also for the country, to provide Canadians with a viable alternative to what she described as the “incompetent” government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (Papineau, Que.) and the Liberals.

She said the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back in going public with her concerns about the party’s direction was the recent meeting of approximately two dozen Conservative MPs with Freedom Convoy representatives on the Hill with assurances that they have “allies” in Parliament. During the first unofficial leadership debate, Poilievre and Lewis sparred furiously over who was the first to support the protesters.

Meanwhile, LeBreton said the Liberals did not win the last two elections, rather the Conservatives lost, referring to the fact that the Liberals lost the popular vote to the Conservatives in 2019 and 2021, and the incumbent government was restricted to a minority government each time.

The last paragraph is some hilarious mental gymnastics. A minority gov't is still the winner in an election. And since when does the popular vote matter? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What an idiot. Why implicate yourself like that with such a stupid movement spearheaded by human garbage? Oh, wait... I answered my own question.

Meanwhile, a former conservative isn't feeling too good about her party: https://www.hilltimes.com/2022/07/04/the-way-were-heading-were-unelectable-says-former-conservative-senator-lebreton/370138

The last paragraph is some hilarious mental gymnastics. A minority gov't is still the winner in an election. And since when does the popular vote matter? 

The right-wing federal PC party is already fractured and has been since the nutbars from the Alliance party merged (seized) the traditional PC party which had some credibility. Like the Emerald Wasp egg that in placed into the body of a cockroach and eventually takes control of it while consuming it to death, the Alliance bloc has taken over the old PC party, not caring if they kill it. All they wanted was publicity under the guise of credibility and their wishes were granted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Working with terrorists, the right. 

 

You know where else Brad Wall's strategic advice has been sought? - Brad Wall Hydro Report Brings Privatization Failures to Manitoba (policyfix.ca)

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Meanwhile, LeBreton said the Liberals did not win the last two elections, rather the Conservatives lost, referring to the fact that the Liberals lost the popular vote to the Conservatives in 2019 and 2021, and the incumbent government was restricted to a minority government each time.

I sure hope LeBreton is right and Canadians are still more reasonable than the loudest, most obnoxious ones try to convince otherwise. If our elections weren't basically Conservatives vs. all the other parties, they would have no chance. They are despised by many and only have a chance because they can unite the regressive members of society. They're having a hard time keeping it all under one tent and still having a chance to be the official opposition. Probably the best thing for the long term health of the party would be to come out strong against the ridiculous alt-right misinformation fueled elements and hope to stamp that out, but instead we get Maga Bergen and PP to steer the party forward (backward?).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, WildPath said:

You know where else Brad Wall's strategic advice has been sought? - Brad Wall Hydro Report Brings Privatization Failures to Manitoba (policyfix.ca)

I sure hope LeBreton is right and Canadians are still more reasonable than the loudest, most obnoxious ones try to convince otherwise. If our elections weren't basically Conservatives vs. all the other parties, they would have no chance. They are despised by many and only have a chance because they can unite the regressive members of society. They're having a hard time keeping it all under one tent and still having a chance to be the official opposition. Probably the best thing for the long term health of the party would be to come out strong against the ridiculous alt-right misinformation fueled elements and hope to stamp that out, but instead we get Maga Bergen and PP to steer the party forward (backward?).

Going by how he has been following the playbook of Trump customized for Canada, When PP loses, queue 'the election was stolen, inconsistencies were found at some polling stations' strategy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Going by how he has been following the playbook of Trump customized for Canada, When PP loses, queue 'the election was stolen, inconsistencies were found at some polling stations' strategy.

They've already started it. It's already circulating amongst the Freedumbers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, WildPath said:

You know where else Brad Wall's strategic advice has been sought? - Brad Wall Hydro Report Brings Privatization Failures to Manitoba (policyfix.ca)

I sure hope LeBreton is right and Canadians are still more reasonable than the loudest, most obnoxious ones try to convince otherwise. If our elections weren't basically Conservatives vs. all the other parties, they would have no chance. They are despised by many and only have a chance because they can unite the regressive members of society. They're having a hard time keeping it all under one tent and still having a chance to be the official opposition. Probably the best thing for the long term health of the party would be to come out strong against the ridiculous alt-right misinformation fueled elements and hope to stamp that out, but instead we get Maga Bergen and PP to steer the party forward (backward?).

Brad Wall is adored by the conservatives because he is one of the few elected leaders who have not covered themselves with excrement before they retired, so he is the shining ideal. This knowledge, if widely disseminated, ought to take some of the shine off him.

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

They've already started it. It's already circulating amongst the Freedumbers. 

Well that was both inevitable and predicted starting with the "free man in the land/ sovereign citizen" ideology that first presented itself some 25 years ago and culminated with the "Queen of Canda"- Romana Didulo. There is absolutely zero legal basis for any of this but some choose to believe what they wish, even it is a fantasy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/patrick-brown-disqualified-conservative-leadership-1.6511407

Quote

With two months to go before the Conservative Party chooses its next leader, Patrick Brown has been ejected from the race over allegations he broke financing rules.

Brown's campaign quickly fired back, saying in a statement early Wednesday that his disqualification is unfounded and an attempt to ensure that his rival, Pierre Poilievre, wins the race. It added it would consult its legal team.

...disqualified from the race after "serious allegations of wrongdoing" related to financing rules.

 

Brown's campaign shot back, saying it only learned of the decision to eject him through the media.

In a statement, the campaign said the allegations against Brown are anonymous and the campaign wasn't given the full details of the allegations. However, the statement said the campaign still attempted to respond to the party's questions and claims.

Brown's campaign suggested the "reprehensible, undemocratic behaviour" of disqualifying him was done to benefit the race's presumed front-runner.

What a dumpster fire of a party.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JCon said:

At least they flushed him before the vote. Better than having the vote, then finding irregularities, with the court making the determination. 

 

I was also referring to the allegations of impropriety that came from Glover after the result and her refusing to accept the result. It was pretty clear who the mainstays of the party wanted in charge and, as brutal as Stefanson has been, I'm thankful for any impropriety that may have occurred to keep Glover out of the premier's chair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It seems that there's stuff going on that is not being made public. The allegation is that some of Brown's staff was being paid for by someone outside of the party- an apparent breach of the rules. Brown has asked for specifics as he says he has no personal knowledge of any such, but the party brass is saying that they investigated, and confirmed but will not tell him anything more. From an observer's point of view, this looks odd, and sure looks like the PC want to anoint Poilievre as their leader. This would, in all certainty,  be yet another disaster for the Cons. Are they gambling on a Trumpian victory embracing intolerance and division?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...