Canadian Politics

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They may not be a lot, but then again the carbon tax isn't a lot either, and given the mood in governments everywhere a carbon tax is coming one way or the other, whether it's a provincial thing or a federal thing so we might as well get used to that. 

The carbon tax is a lot because it never stops. If Notley had her way she'd keep raising it every year. She stopped now because 2019 is an election year & her party is floundering in the polls. If she gets reelected with a majority, the carbon tax will keep going up & so will the cost of living in Alberta. Who will it hurt? People on low & fixed incomes. The people she vowed to help. A puny cheque from the government is nothing. 

I can't believe you are making me defend an NDP premier. Listen no government is going to lessen the tax burden on us, and like I said, the liberals are going to force a carbon tax on this country anyway so might as well go with the one that Notley gave us. I actually have more respect for her as a politician being pragmatic than Trudeau and his social justice warrior ways. 

I also trust Notley a hell of a lot more to get this pipeline built and put some appropriate regulations on the energy sector over Jason Kenney. That guy only cares about outing gay kids. That has no place in politics. Kenney will not play nice with other governments and will bury Alberta with his Trump-lite ways. 

As for shutting down coal plants, that's just a good idea anyway. Convert that old **** to natural gas, we are swimming with natural gas in this province anyway, might as well use that for our energy. It's like buying a new car rather than fixing up the old POS. Yeah it's an upfront cost but worth it in the end. 

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Notley is one & done. The Progressive experiment is nearly over.  Her shutting down coal fired electrical generators which will push up our electricity prices in the next few years as well as the dishonest carbon tax did it for me.  OUT!!!

AB. has abundant NG, they should have led the way in shutting down coal fired generators, instead they're dragging their heals.  If you think they're okay you need to go live down wind from one, it'd shave 5 years off your life.

On 2018-08-24 at 4:49 PM, 17to85 said:

They may not be a lot, but then again the carbon tax isn't a lot either, and given the mood in governments everywhere a carbon tax is coming one way or the other, whether it's a provincial thing or a federal thing so we might as well get used to that. 

Sorry but I will never "get used" to stupid and unfair taxes, foisted on us by elitists.

On 2018-08-17 at 9:56 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sorry to say but the snowflakes who scream about Sir John A don't care about what Laurier did to the Chinese. They'll never clamour to take down any Laurier statue because he was a Liberal. 

McKenzie King blocked the immigration of thousands of Jewish people in the 1930's because he thought that he would lose votes in Quebec...where's the clamor to tear down his statue?

23 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

AB. has abundant NG, they should have led the way in shutting down coal fired generators, instead they're dragging their heals.  If you think they're okay you need to go live down wind from one, it'd shave 5 years off your life.

I will agree that NG is the way to go. Nuclear as well. Not a big fan of coal. Or taxing CO2.

45 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Sorry but I will never "get used" to stupid and unfair taxes, foisted on us by elitists.

Can describe any tax really.... Now here is the thing, I don't like the very idea of carbon taxes, I think they don't really address the issue, but that's the way the winds are blowing and whether it's done provincially or federally we're getting a carbon tax and once it's in no one is going to end it because why take away a revenue stream? 

Jason Kenney has no policies other than shouting angrilly about gays or Justin Trudeau. I don't want this province being led by a hateful little man like that.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Can describe any tax really.... Now here is the thing, I don't like the very idea of carbon taxes, I think they don't really address the issue, but that's the way the winds are blowing and whether it's done provincially or federally we're getting a carbon tax and once it's in no one is going to end it because why take away a revenue stream? 

Jason Kenney has no policies other than shouting angrilly about gays or Justin Trudeau. I don't want this province being led by a hateful little man like that.

That's always the left's mantra. Anything conservative is hateful or racist. Anything Liberal is tolerant & understanding. Canadians who vote conservative are getting fed up being called racist, hateful & intolerant.  I think if Trudeau & the left want to throw insults at a significant percentage of the population like that eventually pushback will occur. 

On 2018-08-25 at 11:09 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's always the left's mantra. Anything conservative is hateful or racist. Anything Liberal is tolerant & understanding. Canadians who vote conservative are getting fed up being called racist, hateful & intolerant.  I think if Trudeau & the left want to throw insults at a significant percentage of the population like that eventually pushback will occur. 

dude i have voted for a conservative party every election i have been able to vote, I am not a lefty, but Jason Kenney is an intolerant hateful man. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

dude i have voted for a conservative party every election i have been able to vote, I am not a lefty, but Jason Kenney is an intolerant hateful man. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Okay, point taken.

He thinks he’s an ass, you think he’s an ass, I think. 

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, I don't actually. I was just acknowledging 17to85 voted conservative as I accused him of being on the left. 

I have voted for everyone except the Bloc.  Mainly because Conservative will win our riding anyway, so it doesn’t matter. 

13 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I have voted for everyone except the Bloc.  Mainly because Conservative will win our riding anyway, so it doesn’t matter. 

The NDP has spent our province into disaster & the carbon tax hurts everyone. He'll repeal it then join the other provinces opposed to a federal one in court. Also, closing down coal powered electrical generating plants will mean high electricity bills for Albertans. There may be time to still stop it. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The NDP has spent our province into disaster & the carbon tax hurts everyone. He'll repeal it then join the other provinces opposed to a federal one in court. Also, closing down coal powered electrical generating plants will mean high electricity bills for Albertans. There may be time to still stop it. 

Yeah- those things should be outlawed.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How can you say no to a federal tax though?

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Shut up - they raised my salary