Canadian Politics

22 hours ago, Tracker said:

To illustrate the thinking of some of the conservative-supporting folks in our province:

REMINDER: 911 is ONLY for emergencies
Yesterday, Manitoba RCMP received a 911 call from a woman in Steinbach who was angry about the long drive thru line at the new Burger King. We realize you aren’t you when you’re hangry, but this is not a valid reason to dial 911.

To be fair the line was backing up on to the highway so it was creating a traffic mess. But should not of called 911 cop shop is right beside it.

Come on guys, 15 minute cities are a clear plot by the wef to keep us locked into small areas with armed guards and electric fences being fed insects because they are going to ban real meat while the government controls us using the chips they put into the vaccines while the "elite" continue their satanic cult practices which includes pedophilia. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Come on guys, 15 minute cities are a clear plot by the wef to keep us locked into small areas with armed guards and electric fences being fed insects because they are going to ban real meat while the government controls us using the chips they put into the vaccines while the "elite" continue their satanic cult practices which includes pedophilia. 

(‘researches’ the worldwide web).
Yup your story checks out.

The whole 15 minute cities thing is bizarre. Fortunately, I heard it here first which may be indicative of the lack of steam it produces. I'm wondering where this conspiracy originates. Does big oil go into propaganda and covertly send it out through social media groups or do the groups and politicians make that connection and assume what their overlords want?

Edited by WildPath
My spelling apparently sucks late at night

9 hours ago, WildPath said:

The whole 15 minute cities thing is bizarre. Fortunately, I heard it hear first which may be indicative of the lack of steam it produces. I'm wondering where this conspiracy originates. Does big oil go into propaganda and covertly send it out through social media groups or do the groups and politicians make that connection and assume what their overlords want?

If you learned the answer, they would have to kill you in order to silence you.

15 hours ago, WildPath said:

The whole 15 minute cities thing is bizarre. Fortunately, I heard it hear first which may be indicative of the lack of steam it produces. I'm wondering where this conspiracy originates. Does big oil go into propaganda and covertly send it out through social media groups or do the groups and politicians make that connection and assume what their overlords want?

This thing honestly confuses me. I think calling it 15min cities was a huge mistake. Should have called it, properly developed neighborhoods. That's it. Would have stopped all this "they're gonna restrict your travel" BS. 

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

This thing honestly confuses me. I think calling it 15min cities was a huge mistake. Should have called it, properly developed neighborhoods. That's it. Would have stopped all this "they're gonna restrict your travel" BS. 

No it wouldn't.  They get angry no matter what.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/government-tiktok-phones-ban-1.6761737

The federal government is removing and blocking the video-sharing platform TikTok from all federal government devices, citing security reasons.

In an email sent to Global Affairs employees Monday, department officials said the Chief Information Officer of Canada made the decision following a review. The review found that TikTok's data collection methods could lead to cyber attacks, the email said. 

The app will be deleted and blocked on all government-issued mobile devices on Feb. 28.

About time. TikTok is garbage.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-denies-csis-rescind-nomination-1.6761942

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is pushing back against a recent news report that alleges security officials urged the Liberal Party to rescind the nomination of one of its MPs.

"In a free democracy, it is not up to unelected security officials to dictate to political parties who can or cannot run," the prime minister told a news conference Monday.

Trudeau was responding to a question about a Global News report that suggests Liberal MP Han Dong was allegedly helped by the Chinese consulate while running in the Toronto-area riding of Don Valley North during the 2019 election.

The report cites anonymous sources that alleged the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) urged senior Liberal Party staff to rescind his nomination, but Trudeau approved his candidacy.

"The suggestions we've seen in the media that CSIS would somehow say, 'No this person can't run or that person can't run,' is not just false. It's actually damaging to people's confidence in our democratic and political institutions," Trudeau said Monday.

Stephanie Carvin, associate professor of national security at Carleton University, questioned the suggestion that CSIS would ask that a nomination be rescinded.

"CSIS's mandate allows it to report on threats to the security of Canada. I do not think this would extend to 'asking' the [Prime Minister's Office] to rescind a nomination," Carvin wrote in a tweet.

While I'm all for an inquiry if there are legitimate concerns, CSIS should figure out who their jackass employee is leaking this **** to the media.

That agency is a joke.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-foundation-returning-donation-chinese-government-adviser-1.6764847

The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is returning a donation worth thousands of dollars made by an adviser to the Chinese government.

In 2016, Zhang Bin, a wealthy Chinese businessman and adviser to the Chinese government, made a donation to the foundation worth $200,000.

A story published by the Globe and Mail on Tuesday suggests that Canadian security officials linked that donation back to the Chinese government.

Foundation president Pascale Fournier released a statement on Wednesday saying that, in light of the Globe's reporting, the foundation — which funds and promotes academic and public interest research — has reimbursed Zhang the full amount of the donation.

"As an independent, non-partisan charity, ethics and integrity are among our core values and we cannot keep any donation that may have been sponsored by a foreign government and would not knowingly do so," Fournier's statement said.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-german-politician-dismissed-poilievres-claims-conservative-mps-were/

Far-right German politician Christine Anderson dismisses federal Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre’s suggestion that three of his MPs had no information about her politics before they met her last month.

In an online interview, Ms. Anderson said her record on various issues has been widely publicized, so Mr. Poilievre’s claim, made in defence of his MPs, is not credible.

“I found it kind of peculiar that he would claim they were not aware of my political views,” Ms. Anderson said in an online interview with Canadian author Mark Steyn...

Poilievre is such an idiot.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/election-watchdog-launches-investigation-1.6765345

The commissioner of Canada Elections, the watchdog that enforces Canada's federal election laws, says her office has launched an investigation into allegations of foreign interference in the last two federal election campaigns.

After recent reports about Chinese interference in Canada's democracy, Caroline Simard said Thursday that her office has received serious complaints about meddling that demand a closer look.

Simard said her office — which probes all alleged election violations, not just claims of foreign meddling — has received 158 complaints concerning the 2019 election dealing with "10 situations." There have been 16 complaints regarding "13 situations" in the 2021 campaign.

After Global News first reported claims last fall that China has "a vast campaign of foreign interference" in Canadian politics, Simard said there have been two complaints about Beijing's alleged foreign interference.

Work is underway now, she said, to determine whether there's merit to those complaints.

"I am seized with the importance of this issue … as well as the need to reassure Canadians under these exceptional circumstances," Simard said.

"We have conducted a rigorous and thorough review of every complaint and every piece of information that has been brought to our attention concerning allegations of foreign interference," she said. "This review is ongoing as I speak, to see if there's tangible evidence of wrongdoing under the Canada Elections Act."

https://pressprogress.ca/garbage-dumpster-ceo-danielle-smith-nhl-hockey/

Another wealthy Alberta business owner flowed tens of thousands of dollars more than the legal limit to a group that ran expensive NHL hockey ads promoting Alberta Premier Danielle Smith through multiple corporate entities.
Earlier this week, PressProgress reported that a network of companies linked to Edmonton developer J. Cameron Allard channelled $100,000 to the Alberta First Initiative, a group that ran ads promoting Smith and attacking Alberta NDP opposition leader Rachel Notley.
Public records show Allard’s companies weren’t alone.
Elections Alberta Q4 filings show two companies owned by Lindsay Haag, the owner of a company that manufactures garbage dumpsters, donated $60,000 to the third party advertiser in the final quarter of 2022 – double the maximum amount allowed under law.
Records show Environmental Metal Works, which sells garbage dumpsters, donated $30,000 to the pro-Danielle Smith group. Another corporate entity, 1716804 Alberta, also donated $30,000 to the same group.

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

As they try come May to buy the next election from Albertans by taking the spending like drunken sailors approach.

Same thing Stefanson and co. did here with the "Trudeau Bad/Carbon Tax Relief" cheques. Vote buying is a common tactic with shitty governments and money talks to useful idiots upon whom said governments prey to retain power.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Same thing Stefanson and co. did here with the "Trudeau Bad/Carbon Tax Relief" cheques. Vote buying is a common tactic with shitty governments and money talks to useful idiots upon whom said governments prey to retain power.

Buyer beware because after the deed is done you aint getting what you think you just bought.

The Manitoba budget is going to be a crazy spending spree to bury the next gov't. They know they're out, which is why they're cutting taxes and increasing spending to high level. The next gov't will have to raise taxes significantly to cover it and still cut the budget so that we don't bankrupt the province. This a common conservative plot - handcuff the next gov't. They don't care about Manitobans, only money and power. 

Same with UCP. They're spending money, handing it to millionaires and billionaires, without any plan for covering the shortfall when the cost of oil drops.