Canadian Politics

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Dumb people get dumb lawyers. It's morons all the way down. These people ain't exactly the best and brightest.

They emphasized almost none of the issues that could have worked in their favour. 

Just chasing loony conspiracy theories and crazy rabbit trails

Freeland almost extended an olive branch once, by saying "she believed strongly that the right to protest was very, very important."

But of course, they had already spent so much time on their usual rabbit trails - there was no time left to explore those thoughts

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hard to imagine there could be a worse premier than Kenney.

Best quote I saw when it was apparent she would win the leadership was something along the lines of "Jason Kenney took years to become this unpopular, Danielle Smith will get there overnight"

The difference between her and Kenney js basically Kenney knew when to shut up and keep the quiet part quiet and play the game in the media to try and come across as moderate, Smith just says it all out loud and has no filter and no idea when to stop talking.

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Sadly, this is what happens when we give equal weight and patience to the opinions of those who quite honestly don’t know **** from cinnamon. 

an impressively large  percentage of our population are quite stupid. 

I thought we (Canadians)were better, but I was wrong.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

an impressively large  percentage of our population are quite stupid. 

I thought we (Canadians)were better, but I was wrong.

Not sure why you would think that? Our politics on all sides of the spectrum are a cess pool and have been for quite some time.

6 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Sadly, this is what happens when we give equal weight and patience to the opinions of those who quite honestly don’t know **** from cinnamon. 

It's not the people who don't know, most of us don't know that much specific information about vaccines

It's that segment of the population that spread lies and misinformation - which people buy into because it's what they want to hear

These are the people whom Trudeau referred to as racists, misogynists, etc.

But of course, those who disagree, will now claim he lied under oath

15 hours ago, Mark H. said:

It's not the people who don't know, most of us don't know that much specific information about vaccines

It's that segment of the population that spread lies and misinformation - which people buy into because it's what they want to hear

These are the people whom Trudeau referred to as racists, misogynists, etc.

But of course, those who disagree, will now claim he lied under oath

Of course they will. Because they're deranged. And they've been turning on each since the inquiry came to a close on Friday. You love to see it!

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

It's ******* terrifying out here and still another 6 months till the next election, I think. That woman is pure evil. 

I saw much the same thing when the Devine PC government was in its last days in Saskatchewan. As one political reporter described it, " they governed like and army of occupation". They destroyed as much government services as they had time for, rewarded their supporters will all kind of government appointments and even stole computers and furniture from the legislation.  I expect a similar performance here in the not too distant future.

On 2022-11-25 at 2:01 PM, max power said:

In my circles I didn't notice any difference. I know very few people, vaccinated or not, that got very very sick from covid.

I agree, my experience is the same. I don't know anyone personally who died from Covid.

I also don't know anyone who lost money when FTX went down. I don't know any Iranians who have been executed for protesting.  I don't personally know anyone who voted for Trump, either time.  I don't know anyone who protested in Ottawa or at any border crossings.  I don't know any Ukranians who are shivering in candlelight because some Russian fuckstick droned their neighborhood substation.  I don't know any trafficked women.  I also don't personally know any exobiologists, or forensic accountants.

however that does not lead me to conclude that those people do not exist.

Edited by johnzo

16 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Total assclowns running the show in AB lately.

Just sickening and divisive ****.

Smith knows none of this will work but she's trying to create a fight. A fight with no winners because Cons just burn stuff down and never build. The worst. Rage farming. 

You got conspiracy whackjob leading Alberta, an alcoholic murderer leading Saskatchewan, a entirely useless and only in it to pad her fams pockets leader in Manitoba, and what could be the most corrupt politician in Canada leading Ontario. 

What a s***show.

Edited by JCon

18 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Total assclowns running the show in AB lately.

Just sickening and divisive ****.

We'll see if she can buy off the middle-of-the-road AB conservative voters, times are currently good in AB. with cash rolling in,  most will probably pocket the cash and not bother to vote either way.

After Smith accused the Federal govt. of recklessly spending driving inflation up to record levels, she spoke for 20 min. about how she is going to spend $2.4 billion recklessly in order to get herself re-elected next May.  

She disguised these payouts as doling out inflation relief to the elderly and the poor, curiously most households earning under $180,000 are eligible for the same rebates, so everyone will benefit.  

Here are some of the measures Smith said would be implementing:

• $600 over six months for seniors and families with kids under 18 (household incomes below $180,000)
  • Suspend the entire fuel tax for the next six months
  • Index all tax brackets retroactive to 2022
  • Index AISH, PDD, seniors’ benefit, child & family benefit to inflation
  • $200 more in electricity rebates for six months
Edited by Fatty Liver

8 hours ago, JCon said:

Smith knows none of this will work but she's trying to create a fight. A fight with no winners because Cons just burn stuff down and never build. The worst. Rage farming. 

You got conspiracy whackjob leading Alberta, an alcoholic murderer leading Saskatchewan, a entirely useless and only in it to pad her fams pockets leader in Manitoba, and what could be the most corrupt politician in Canada leading Ontario. 

What a s***show.

Wherever progress peaks its head out, The Resistance is there to defeat it. Interesting how these clowns were billed as "Trudeau's worst nightmare" yet four years later and Trudeau remains while the majority of these guys are out.  A few faces have changed, but I'd still say a net loss for Canada which is amazing with the low bar set below.

MACLEANS_COV_DECEMBER.jpg

Sorry but a spade is really a spade here. DS thinks she's way smarter than she really is. She's a kooky radio host with absurd thoughts that thinks will fly with the majority of Albertans (1 percent voted for her) by using her soft tone, her gentle smile, her good body posture and being well spoken with this absurdity like she knows what she is talking about spending like a drunken sailor to distract us.  

I still hold hope the majority of Albertans from many different backgrounds, with many differing views will see right thru this and ensure she is told loud and clear come election time to pound sand.

The telling words from Smith are when she talked about "doing what I believe is best for Albertans no matter how hard it is". Not what is best, not what albertans want... what SHE believes is best. **** this crazy ***** and her authoritarian alberta sovereignty act nonsense. She needs to get gone before she wrecks too much that no one can fix it.