Canadian Politics

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Man, these "freedom" convoy "lawyers" will not go down in history as being professional. Or rational. Or objective.

Or qualified. 

The worst people collect other terrible people. 

In fact, I think that's the new CPC motto: The worst people, representing the worst people. 

Really enjoying the great takes here on the convoy "lawyers". So dumb, unprofessional etc. Just like the convoy right?

Meanwhile you all have how many shots of this vaccine that everyone knows doesn't do a single thing to stop the spread. Just like everyone in that convoy knew last February.

You guys are all hilariously smug and condescending, meanwhile us "flat earth anti-vaxxers" have been proven right about literally everything to do with covid so far. And it wasn't even that hard - all you have to do is use some common sense and not buy in to the ridiculous fear-mongering.

In the hearings yesterday, PM Trudeau reported that then-PC leader Candice Bergen privately approached him with concerns about the Freedumb Convoy yes shortly thereafter publicly called on him to meet with the protesters. Trudeau described this a hypocritical, and Bergen predictably denied it.

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Based on first hand experience, particularly with the delta variant, there was a vast, vast difference between being vaccinated vs. unvaccinated

Not sure what you mean by first hand experience. I would disagree on "vast" as well. Any benefit of the vaccines didn't last very long (hence all the boosters).

And it's been well established that it did nothing to actually stop transmission. Making the mandates completely pointless (and I would argue, immoral). And if I knew this already last winter, I guarantee you the federal and provincial governments knew.

And if you want to talk about the convoy specifically, no one in this hearing has been able to actually name any instance of violence that happened, other than from the cops breaking it up after the EA was enacted. Nothing illegal either, other than parking violations.

No shortage of smears and flat out lies from the mainstream media though.

42 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

Like what?

1 minute ago, max power said:

This whole thread is basically completely one-sided. Is it really that bad to have someone with a different point of view?

Do YOU think that the covid vaccine stops transmission?

Do you think that if the freedom convoy was completely peaceful it was justified to break it up by force by basically enacting martial law?

aae683ac-5fa0-4c4e-80d6-79e77b79bb66_tex

16 minutes ago, max power said:

Clever. Do you think that the covid vaccines do anything to stop transmission?

Nobody ever said the vaccines stop transmission, they drastically reduce severe outcomes.  The reason for boosters is 2-fold, decreasing effectiveness over time and mutation of the virus... no different than the annual flu vaccine because it is different strain(s) of the flu going around every year.

As for the protest, if you think that honking horns all day and all night in the middle of a city is peaceful, then there's no reasoning with you.

26 minutes ago, max power said:

Not sure what you mean by first hand experience. I would disagree on "vast" as well. Any benefit of the vaccines didn't last very long (hence all the boosters).

And it's been well established that it did nothing to actually stop transmission. Making the mandates completely pointless (and I would argue, immoral). And if I knew this already last winter, I guarantee you the federal and provincial governments knew.

It doesn't matter to me whether or not you agree.  I am referring to what we experienced in our community. Unvaccinated people got very, very sick.  And yes, it was new vaccine and it waned over time. But it still did a lot of good.

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

It doesn't matter to me whether or not you agree.  I am referring to what we experienced in our community. Unvaccinated people got very, very sick.  And yes, it was new vaccine and it waned over time. But it still did a lot of good.

Thanks for the answer. I'm glad to hear it helped. The numbers I've seen don't bear that out that it did a "lot" of good, but I'm happy to be wrong in at least your case. In my circles I didn't notice any difference. I know very few people, vaccinated or not, that got very very sick from covid. This winter, and even later last winter, I'd say the people I know are vaccinated tend to be getting sicker than the unvaccinated. But the unvaccinated I know tend to be younger anyways. Which I'm pretty sure has a far bigger effect on things than the vaccines ever did.

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Imagine being so utterly ******* braindead that you'd try to pass off tweets of a Romanian politician* as evidence to support your garbage claims.

* Terhes is an established covidiot and right-wing politician who went so far as to compare, albeit erroneously, Trudeau to Ceaucescu

LOL, obviously I'm talking about the videos. Which have clips from all sorts of people, including the CDC and Fauci. But yeah I'm the braindead one here. I'm sure you'll never watch them. I might not want to face some of that either if I'd been like that.

You're right about one thing though, covidiots like me aren't the biggest victims here. At least not the ones that haven't lost their jobs or had their lives ruined in other ways. I'm fine. I haven't spent 2.5 years of my life wallowing in fear and hatred of my fellow citizens because of a bunch of cynical politicians and ass-covering doctors.

1 minute ago, max power said:

LOL, obviously I'm talking about the videos. Which have clips from all sorts of people, including the CDC and Fauci. But yeah I'm the braindead one here. I'm sure you'll never watch them. I might not want to face some of that either if I'd been like that.

You're right about one thing though, covidiots like me aren't the biggest victims here. At least not the ones that haven't lost their jobs or had their lives ruined in other ways. I'm fine. I haven't spent 2.5 years of my life wallowing in fear and hatred of my fellow citizens because of a bunch of cynical politicians and ass-covering doctors.

Were you repeatedly dropped on your head as an infant? Or you were just born this stupid?

4 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I still don't understand the freedumb convoy, I mean protesting the end mandates that are expiring in month was pretty ******* stupid...

I dont like the dark! Let's protest tonight until they let the sun up!

"Yeah! Take that you ******* dictator!"

So dumb... 

As far as I know there were no mandates scheduled to expire at that time. Do you mean the provincial stuff?  There were some vague comments that the mandates weren't permanent, but there was no real indication that they were going to let up any time soon.

And the federal mandates that kicked the whole thing off didn't get lifted until a month or two ago I think?

43 minutes ago, max power said:

Thanks for the answer. I'm glad to hear it helped. The numbers I've seen don't bear that out that it did a "lot" of good, but I'm happy to be wrong in at least your case. In my circles I didn't notice any difference. I know very few people, vaccinated or not, that got very very sick from covid. This winter, and even later last winter, I'd say the people I know are vaccinated tend to be getting sicker than the unvaccinated. But the unvaccinated I know tend to be younger anyways. Which I'm pretty sure has a far bigger effect on things than the vaccines ever did.

Well yes, it's a known fact that the older population is more vulnerable when it comes to viruses - that's a big factor

I also know unvaccinated people in their 20's who didn't get sick at all - in spite of it being in their household

But that doesn't equate to the vaccine not being effective