Canadian Politics

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Scott Moe handled the pandemic worse than any premier, IMO, and somehow the most popular. Just goes to show you what the population of The Gap is really like... As of we didn't already know. ******* hillbillies. 

But he rage-farms and it works for those that want freedom from responsibility. It's all about pushing costs and responsibility to the next generation and the alt-right are kings at it. 

Stefanson was out of her depth as Health Minister and then gets rewarded as Premier where she has shown herself to we woefully incompetent. Every year this Province and City get left further and further behind and an exodus might be right around the corner. I also don't think that the NDP or Liberals bring much to the table but that's more of and indictment of the current crop of politicians in this Province

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What’s fascinating to me and not in an impressive way is how low popularity scores does not automatically equate with low vote scores. Hey you’re repugnant but you got my vote!

Shows just how poor the competition is as well.   When having to select the least worst of a pool of terrible options.    

3 hours ago, bustamente said:

Stefanson was out of her depth as Health Minister and then gets rewarded as Premier where she has shown herself to we woefully incompetent. Every year this Province and City get left further and further behind and an exodus might be right around the corner. I also don't think that the NDP or Liberals bring much to the table but that's more of and indictment of the current crop of politicians in this Province

Disagree in terms of MB Libs. I've thought for a while that Lamont is the best provincial party leader I've seen in this province in a while and Manitoba would do best with a Liberal government. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much to cheer for them because Lib/NDP fighting out the sane parts of MB isn't enough to overcome to moron mob.

The polling after Poillievre became leader is fascinating. He seems to be pretty popular in BC, the prairies, and Ontario with all 3 published polls showing the Cons with leads in these areas, and surprisingly even Quebec where they are statistically tied now with the Liberals. What shocks me is how popular he is in the 18-35 age range. Quite a substantial jump in support there and amongst women voters as well. Momentum seems to be building behind him. 

Now go on and bash this factually correct post if you'd like, but I think a lot of people are underestimating Poillievre's popularity overall and not just with the alt-right. 

12 hours ago, GCn20 said:

The polling after Poillievre became leader is fascinating. He seems to be pretty popular in BC, the prairies, and Ontario with all 3 published polls showing the Cons with leads in these areas, and surprisingly even Quebec where they are statistically tied now with the Liberals. What shocks me is how popular he is in the 18-35 age range. Quite a substantial jump in support there and amongst women voters as well. Momentum seems to be building behind him. 

Now go on and bash this factually correct post if you'd like, but I think a lot of people are underestimating Poillievre's popularity overall and not just with the alt-right. 

With the decline of main stream media the politically illiterate population in Canada seems to be growing to match the US, these are people who are not at all interested in politics, never followed or understood our system of govt. and in fact hate the subject with passion. They simply react to dog whistles and bumper stickers and are enthusiastic to vote for any moron they don't currently hate to lead them over a cliff.  The CPC understands this well, encourages it, and happily exploits it.

47 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

With the decline of main stream media the politically illiterate population in Canada seems to be growing to match the US, these are people who are not at all interested in politics, never followed or understood our system of govt. and in fact hate the subject with passion. They simply react to dog whistles and bumper stickers and are enthusiastic to vote for any moron they don't currently hate to lead them over a cliff.  The CPC understands this well, encourages it, and happily exploits it.

One would love to disagree with this post, say you’re demonizing intelligent Canadians who just think different than you but I think unfortunately you’re bang on. There is no true well thought out conservative platforms here to help the average Canadian with diverse backgrounds. Easy access to social media and a narrow view on social and economic issues spells jackpot for guys like PP and his enablers who are following Trumps playbook to a tee. He’s already posted a video letting his mouth breathers know they’re ‘winning’. What a lazy **** he and his enablers are. Hope it blows up in their face.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

I have generally voted Conservative but in the past few years, I have moved away from the party or the party has moved away from me. Lots of policies I can't support like not thinking climate change is real or support for the Convoy. PP and this party scare me as its Trump style MAGA nonsense. Sadly I can see the focus on cost of living and housing helping them win despite the Cons offering no real policy in this area.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I have generally voted Conservative but in the past few years, I have moved away from the party or the party has moved away from me. Lots of policies I can't support like not thinking climate change is real or support for the Convoy. PP and this party scare me as its Trump style MAGA nonsense. Sadly I can see the focus on cost of living and housing helping them win despite the Cons offering no real policy in this area.

It is important for people who see things from the right side of the political spectrum to realize the party is moving away from them toward a very unhealthy MAGA-style politics fueled by, and propagating misinformation. It is better for our country to have a party on the conservative side that actually believes in conservative values, rather than what they currently represent. The sane part of the country/party need to drag the party back towards that after Bergen/PP rather than toward the Bernier/PPC side. We've seen how that egg can't be unscrambled in the US.

Why would anyone want to go in that direction? I'm legitimately baffled that the events in the US haven't pushed the PC party closer to the centre to avoid that at all costs. Several unsuccessful elections in a row so stoop to a strategy that has worked elsewhere?

WHat is PP's platform anyways?

"oWnINg ThE lIbs!" and "frEesT coUntry iN ThE WoRlD"? 

WHat the **** does this even mean? 

PP= Poorman's Populist. 

Did he address the main concerns that we face as a nation? CLimate Change and Health Care?

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

6 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

To the ultimate destruction of the CPC as such. 

3 hours ago, WildPath said:

It is important for people who see things from the right side of the political spectrum to realize the party is moving away from them toward a very unhealthy MAGA-style politics fueled by, and propagating misinformation. It is better for our country to have a party on the conservative side that actually believes in conservative values, rather than what they currently represent. The sane part of the country/party need to drag the party back towards that after Bergen/PP rather than toward the Bernier/PPC side. We've seen how that egg can't be unscrambled in the US.

Why would anyone want to go in that direction? I'm legitimately baffled that the events in the US haven't pushed the PC party closer to the centre to avoid that at all costs. Several unsuccessful elections in a row so stoop to a strategy that has worked elsewhere?

I suspect that the "thinking" of the CPC is that since centre-right positioning has not gained them power, the more of what is abhorrent to the majority of Canadians just might work. No doubt they look longingly at Alberta and Saskatchewan and hope to make that work federally.

2 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

WHat is PP's platform anyways?

"oWnINg ThE lIbs!" and "frEesT coUntry iN ThE WoRlD"? 

WHat the **** does this even mean? 

PP= Poorman's Populist. 

Did he address the main concerns that we face as a nation? CLimate Change and Health Care?

PP has already hinted at his stance on freedom by not allowing questions after calling a press conference.

42 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Uhg, I can live through another conservative majority- especially one that is following the MAGA doctrine of exploited rage... I thought Canada was better than this- here we are ******* faux populist leading a MAJOR political party. 

Freest country in the world- yeah, we so hard done by... ******* rage farmers. 

Alberta handed the reigns to a similar guy in Jason kenney and it was nothing short of a disaster. I don't want to see both the province and federal government ****** up.

Contrary to what some people think, "liberals and Trudeau are bad" makes for **** policy and governance.

47 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Uhg, I can live through another conservative majority- especially one that is following the MAGA doctrine of exploited rage... I thought Canada was better than this- here we are ******* faux populist leading a MAJOR political party. 

Freest country in the world- yeah, we so hard done by... ******* rage farmers. 

Your last line sums it up. Some people have no idea how good we have it in Canada.

How dare Science and health professionals dictate what we need to do to get thru a pandemic. How dare I am free to make choices but certain choices if I make them will have consequences. How dare i am free I to jump on social media and spew anything I want to and then people disagree with my absurd drivel. How dare I can walk around freely in Canada with little restrictions.