Canadian Politics

37 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/conservatives-accuse-pm-trudeau-of-uttering-expletive-in-heated-house-exchange-1.5888853

This is comical. What pitiful pearl clutching by the CPC, especially after members proudly supported the Covidiot Clown Convoy with their F*ck Trudeau flags. Lousy hypocrites.

They proudly support Trump and are worried about the f-word? 

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/conservatives-accuse-pm-trudeau-of-uttering-expletive-in-heated-house-exchange-1.5888853

This is comical. What pitiful pearl clutching by the CPC, especially after members proudly supported the Covidiot Clown Convoy with their F*ck Trudeau flags. Lousy hypocrites.

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to be engaged in parliamentary debates when members opposite push conspiracies and misinformation. During the last election when Trudeau was subject to some really nasty abuse on campaign stops you could tell he was extremely frustrated. I'd imagine most politicians expect to encounter resistance and policy criticisms, but when you're being criticized based on conspiracy, that's gotta be another level.

I know of nothing other than the story posted above, but his response seems to confirm that he said it. That is unfortunate as the CPC will love getting under his skin and will likely continue to resort to the same tactics in the future if that works.

UCP MLA Brian Jean said Monday that he has filed a complaint with Elections Alberta after his team discovered eight credit cards were used to purchase more than 4,619 memberships to the party.
When asked how he found the information, Jean says he discovered the situation by "digging."

"We know now that there were more than 4,000 memberships that were purchased under very dubious circumstances and the only team that could buy them under those circumstances was Jason Kenney's team," the MLA for Fort McMurray-Lac La Biche said.  "Our understanding is that multiple parties made complaints with Elections Alberta in relation to this and we understand they're investigating it."

UCP says report of member receiving 2 leadership vote ballots ‘not a concern’

In a statement, Elections Alberta said it is "unable to comment about allegations that we may or may not have received, or investigations that we may or may not be conducting."

Government House Leader Jason Nixon said Monday that the UCP was "not aware" of an investigation, but noted that bulk purchasing of memberships is "standard process," that Jean would likely have used himself.

On 2022-05-05 at 11:31 AM, WildPath said:

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to be engaged in parliamentary debates when members opposite push conspiracies and misinformation. During the last election when Trudeau was subject to some really nasty abuse on campaign stops you could tell he was extremely frustrated. I'd imagine most politicians expect to encounter resistance and policy criticisms, but when you're being criticized based on conspiracy, that's gotta be another level.

I know of nothing other than the story posted above, but his response seems to confirm that he said it. That is unfortunate as the CPC will love getting under his skin and will likely continue to resort to the same tactics in the future if that 

It not uncommon. Especially if they have held power for a lengthy period. And it happens regardless of political stripe. The " very scary " and " secret agenda " campaigns against Harper aren't alot different. Neither is the Conservatives continual fear tactics that  NDP government will institute massive tax hikes. I don't like it but it is pretty common. 

17 minutes ago, the watcher said:

It not uncommon. Especially if they have held power for a lengthy period. And it happens regardless of political stripe. The " very scary " and " secret agenda " campaigns against Harper aren't alot different. Neither is the Conservatives continual fear tactics that  NDP government will institute massive tax hikes. I don't like it but it is pretty common. 

Boogeyman politics have been in play against every acting government and opposition for many years. Conspiracy theories are nothing new. The NDP in this province has been telling us their is a secret agenda to sell Manitoba Hydro for 30 years now. I find it humorous that the same people who complain Trudeau, or the NDP, are victims of right wing conspiracy theories are often the same ones telling us that the CPC or their provincial counterparts will set up private insurance based health care, and will sell off crown corporations and privatize the public sector services.  Let's face it, while political ideologies differ between the right and left most of each sides supporters are a lot closer to centre than either side is willing to admit and neither side is as extreme as what the diehard supporters and back room political strategists will repeatedly tell us. 

On 2022-05-05 at 11:48 AM, Bigblue204 said:

I would actually become a Trudeau fan if he came out to a press conference and said something like "They can worry about the F word all they want, I got more important **** to do."

That would be awesome for sure.

1 hour ago, the watcher said:

I think there is quite a big difference between pointing out the extremes of another party's political policy and outright disinformation like Trudeau is party of a WEF attempt to make people zombies through vaccine mandates. A lot of the extremely vocal anti-Trudeau crowd are that way because they believe wild things that just don't have any basis. Many citizens, regardless of where they place their vote, may be against Trudeau. The ones that disrupt campaign stops and do not allow him to speak are something else entirely.

Saying the Manitoba PCs are trying to privatize hydro at least has some basis in reality. They sold off MTS (look how that turned out) and have already sold off parts of hydro. Privatization is kind of their thing.

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

That would be good. 

1 minute ago, WildPath said:

I think there is quite a big difference between pointing out the extremes of another party's political policy and outright disinformation like Trudeau is party of a WEF attempt to make people zombies through vaccine mandates. A lot of the extremely vocal anti-Trudeau crowd are that way because they believe wild things that just don't have any basis. Many citizens, regardless of where they place their vote, may be against Trudeau. The ones that disrupt campaign stops and do not allow him to speak are something else entirely.

Saying the Manitoba PCs are trying to privatize hydro at least has some basis in reality. They sold off MTS (look how that turned out) and have already sold off parts of hydro. Privatization is kind of their thing.

A lot of Cons got rich. They're looking to get some more money in their pockets with Hydro too. 

55 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The NDP in this province has been telling us their is a secret agenda to sell Manitoba Hydro for 30 years now.

The NDP has made mention of the privatization of Manitoba Hydro because the Filmon PCs did so with MTS in 1996 after being adamant they wouldn't privatize it. Manitobans ahve been paying for that mistake ever since.

It's not a conspiracy theory for an opposition to express concerns regarding the privatization of a crown corporation based on actual history.

They started by neutering the Hydro board. Then they dismantled PUB and their powers. 

It's a step by step plan to reduce ties to gov't and remove it entirely from the GRE. Next step will be to say that the debt is insurmountable and the only way to save "tax payers" is to sell it off. 

Rinse, repeat. Just like MTS. 

45 minutes ago, WildPath said:

So have I missed that the Cons have said that in the house brecause it would indeed be idiotic. But the years of Harper has a hidden agenda fit in exactly to my point. There was no hidden agenda, he was very upfront about his policies, like them or not. And that is disinformation.  Just like when Trudeau was running against Andrew Sheer ( weasel that he was ) it was widely promoted that Sheer spoke at a rally with the leader of the far right  yellow vesters. It was BS.  It was outright disinformation. Its done by all parties unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Privitization of Hydro would be pretty devesatating but I'd like to see auto insurance public/private. 

let me tell you about life in Alberta with private home and auto insurance, where the government removed the cap on how much they're allowed to charge..... it's gone through the roof the last two or three years. Privatization is not the "competition will lower prices" thing that people expect it to be.

8 minutes ago, the watcher said:

So have I missed that the Cons have said that in the house brecause it would indeed be idiotic. But the years of Harper has a hidden agenda fit in exactly to my point. There was no hidden agenda, he was very upfront about his policies, like them or not. And that is disinformation.  Just like when Trudeau was running against Andrew Sheer ( weasel that he was ) it was widely promoted that Sheer spoke at a rally with the leader of the far right  yellow vesters. It was BS.  It was outright disinformation. Its done by all parties unfortunately. 

If Harper hadn't lost so many Supreme Court challenges, you'd be whistling a different tune.

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2015/08/10/Harper-Abuses-of-Power-Final/