Canadian Politics

22 hours ago, bustamente said:

Why are Republicans down south so interested in Canada, leave us the **** alone you are ready ****** up your own country and your opinions and interference are not needed or wanted up here 

We'll  know when Go Fund Me releases its donor list.

22 hours ago, bustamente said:

Why are Republicans down south so interested in Canada, leave us the **** alone you are ready ****** up your own country and your opinions and interference are not needed or wanted up here 

Because they are heavily invested in the right wing propaganda both sides of the border. Ucp, cpc are all heavily tied to Republicans. 

38 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Because they are heavily invested in the right wing propaganda both sides of the border. Ucp, cpc are all heavily tied to Republicans. 

All the UCP, CPC and PPC is fixated on is that the overt neo-Nazi platform in the US carried Trump into the White House and is sustaining the GOP in both houses. They do not give a damn about the incredible damage done to the US or the rise in anti-semitism, violence and racism or the corruption that the Trump presidency brought. The GOP is trying its damnedest to normalize the January 6th attempted coup and I am certain that many of the Canadian sympathizers fantasize about doing the same sort of thing up here. The more forcefully (and legally) the Canadian governments respond, the less chance these cretins will try it again.

Some good news on the Ottawa front: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/injunction-ottawa-granted-1.6342468

An Ottawa judge has granted an interim injunction seeking to silence the honking horns that have plagued residents of downtown Ottawa for the past 11 days.

"Tooting a horn is not an expression of any great thought I'm aware of," said Justice Hugh McLean during a court hearing in Ottawa Monday.

The request for an injunction came out of a proposed class-action lawsuit filed with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice on Friday by lawyer Paul Champ on behalf of his client Zexi Li, a 21-year-old public servant.

It sought an injunction prohibiting the defendants, or any other participant in the anti-vaccine mandate convoy protest, from using vehicle horns in the vicinity of downtown.

The fact that this tantrum has lasted 11 days is pretty sickening, IMO. 

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Some good news on the Ottawa front: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/injunction-ottawa-granted-1.6342468

The fact that this tantrum has lasted 11 days is pretty sickening, IMO. 

There is no leadership. No surprise the police don't want to do anything but the mayor should have stepped up. Could have used some help from the province but they lied about the support they were going to send. Anyone with jurisdiction, abandoned their responsibilities. Kind of like the rest of the pandemic. 

Holy ****... this is real?

******* monsters:

These two murderous fucks bar the doors to trap people in an apartment fire?  DOn't trample my freedumbs or I will burn you alive? The **** is wrong with these monsters?

This is where we are at? FFS.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

******* monsters:

These two murderous fucks bar the doors to trap people in an apartment fire?  DOn't trample my freedumbs or I will burn you alive? The **** is wrong with these monsters?

We knew the Trucker Convoy was riddled with scum and criminals, and every day brings new proof of that.

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

******* moThese two murderous fucks bar the doors to trap people in an apartment fire?  DOn't trample my freedumbs or I will burn you alive? The **** is wrong with these monsters?

I am not a supporter of any of this, but let's get real:

1. A resident saw these people lighting the fire, and their response was to get in the elevator? Not to leave the building or call 911?

2. The arsonists would actually identify themselves as being 'from the convoy'?

3. It was not reported to the police - they saw it on Twitter?

yeah there are definitely some

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I am not a supporter of any of this, but let's get real:

1. A resident saw these people lighting the fire, and their response was to get in the elevator? Not to leave the building or call 911?

2. The arsonists would actually identify themselves as being 'from the convoy'?

3. It was not reported to the police - they saw it on Twitter?

yeah, definitely gonna wait and see on this one, there are some things that don't add up here.

Some people just want to hurt other people and look for any chance to do so.

If this was retaliation against residents for something that happened during the day, that's one thing... awful, but revenge is at least something I can wrap my head around... the more chilling possibility is this is just someone who saw chaos and a likely culprit and pounced on the chance to do something truly evil or psychopathic. That was some cartoonishly poor execution, thank goodness

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Some people just want to hurt other people and look for any chance to do so.

If this was retaliation against residents for something that happened during the day, that's one thing... awful, but revenge is at least something I can wrap my head around... the more chilling possibility is this is just someone who saw chaos and a likely culprit and pounced on the chance to do something truly evil or psychopathic. That was some cartoonishly poor execution, thank goodness

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, the watcher said:

Ive had enough of this crap. You cant let less than %15 if the population do this much damage to the Canadian soul. Come on JT lay down the law. This is your   " Just watch me  " chance. Continue the legacy. 

Sadly he's more More like  Margaret than Pierre.

And  the "freedom" crowd too stupid/ignorant  to know that Pierre Trudeau gave Canada our charter of rights.

Edited by Mark F

59 minutes ago, the watcher said:

Ive had enough of this crap. You cant let less than %15 if the population do this much damage to the Canadian soul. Come on JT lay down the law. This is your   " Just watch me  " chance. Continue the legacy. 

It seems he's the one 'watching'...this time

It looks like the puppet masters are not sure which string to pull...on this one...

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He's ignoring them like we all need to do. 

These ppl are children.  My 7 year old daughter knows if she whines she don't get her way 

At some point those children need to be sent to their room. In this case home. I use to send my kids out and tell them they could come back whenever they wanted. As soon as they were willing to behave. It usually worked. But I didn't ignore them.

21 hours ago, Tracker said:

All the UCP, CPC and PPC is fixated on is that the overt neo-Nazi platform in the US carried Trump into the White House and is sustaining the GOP in both houses. They do not give a damn about the incredible damage done to the US or the rise in anti-semitism, violence and racism or the corruption that the Trump presidency brought. The GOP is trying its damnedest to normalize the January 6th attempted coup and I am certain that many of the Canadian sympathizers fantasize about doing the same sort of thing up here. The more forcefully (and legally) the Canadian governments respond, the less chance these cretins will try it again.

If it wins them an election in Canada, who cares what it represents. Power, capital that's what its about.

13 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So much this...

This is where the media fails us. This is what they should be hammering people on.