Canadian Politics

46 minutes ago, Sard said:

Pretty sure Obby Khan is well known.  He's not the candidate for the area yet, but he's thrown his hat in the ring for it.

I should clarify well known in the political realm. I'd hazard to guess that Willard Reaves is more well known and would win a popularity contest over Obby among Fort Whyte voters.

19 minutes ago, WildPath said:

I should clarify well known in the political realm. I'd hazard to guess that Willard Reaves is more well known and would win a popularity contest over Obby among Fort Whyte voters.

Obby would have a major millstone around his neck- the PC government record of the past few years. Pallister got out just in time to avoid most of the flak. 

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Wab ain't wrong.

A cabinet shuffle that puts in a better Health Minister wouldn't be a bad thing though... I can't say whether there is someone better qualified to do the job, but there's the small glimmer of hope that it's possible.

2 minutes ago, Sard said:

A cabinet shuffle that puts in a better Health Minister wouldn't be a bad thing though... I can't say whether there is someone better qualified to do the job, but there's the small glimmer of hope that it's possible.

Um, I hate to disappoint you but the current Minister kept her portfolio as Health Minister. 

The PCs added a new Department for Seniors and Long-Term Care. (A move that they heavily criticized the previous gov't for but did again, anyhow)

Cameron Friesen was Michael Scott level inept as a Justice Minister and a Health Minister so of course he gets Finance.

Gordon remains Health Minister.

Ewasko fresh off his horrible handling of the strike at the U of M moves to Education.

Heather basically giving the province the middle finger today.

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Wab ain't wrong.

Her laser-focus is too busy promoting Crown Royal. Check the thread, some of the replies are golden. The replies noting that CR alcohol content are twice her approval rating are my favourite.

Apparently people are a little disappointed she would post this on a day where 20 Covid deaths were announced while they evaluate how things will play out.

On 2022-01-17 at 1:10 PM, JCon said:

This is a pretty safe seat for the PCs. I would be shocked, even if with their ineptitude, if they lost it. 

20 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Cameron Friesen was Michael Scott level inept as a Justice Minister and a Health Minister so of course he gets Finance.

Gordon remains Health Minister.

Ewasko fresh off his horrible handling of the strike at the U of M moves to Education.

Heather basically giving the province the middle finger today.

HEY!! Put some respect on Michael Scott's name!! He was the only Branch Manager able to turn a profit in Dunder Mifflin!

Just to give anyone an idea of what kind of assclowns are involved in this protest:

truck-convoy-anti-vaccination-protesters-vaughan.jpg

vaughan-protest-convoy-drone-photos.jpeg

Imagine, as self-proclaimed Canadian patriots, being so utterly stupid and intellectually stunted to fly the Gadsden flag proudly.

And O'Toole plans to meet them as they arrive in Ottawa: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/otoole-convoy-protest-meeting-1.6330575

This timeline is clownshit.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The truly vocal minority 

Isn't Like 90 percent of truckers vaxxed? Why we giving the 1 out of 10 people coverage? They don't want the vaxx? Fire then then 

Not even 1 in 10. There are less than 200 tractors involved. The biggest, whiniest, baby fascists are getting more attention than they deserve. 

But, look at the CPCs rushing to side with them? Never forget that when a Con comes knocking on your door, asking you to vote for them. 

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

Not even 1 in 10. There are less than 200 tractors involved. The biggest, whiniest, baby fascists are getting more attention than they deserve. 

But, look at the CPCs rushing to side with them? Never forget that when a Con comes knocking on your door, asking you to vote for them. 

dont those people have jobs?

/sarc

saw some if them yesterday. toothless hillbillies, proud of their stupidity.

The holocaust comparisons have me legit sick to my stomach. There is not one thing in Canada going on right now that compares to the start of the holocaust. No red flags. Not a one.
They built the first concentration camp and started throwing people in it, in 1933. 
When did WWII start? 6 years after that. Their plan, right from the start was to A: Annex the countries around them. 
B: Have any “undesirables” straight up murdered in camps. 

Neither of those things will, have ever, or are going to happen in Canada.

Who’s building camps here? Who built one in 2015? 
Are we going to take over Greenland or the US for Lebensraum?

What happened starting in 2020 was that a small group of uneducated fools decided to piss and moan about every single ******* guideline during a god damned public health emergency, forcing the intelligent silent masses of us to listen to their selfish, asinine whining day in and day out, right up until now, almost 2 years later 

Sidebar (During the middle of it, there was a whole shitload of race-based or colonization based progress and/or political bullshit going on and 99 times out of 100 the antivaxers and the racists and the whining privileged assholes were on the same side, therefore forcing the intelligent masses to again listen to a bunch of pissing and moaning from more spoiled children. )

What is happening at the very moment is a small group of actual, documented WHITE SUPREMACISTS  have duped a larger group of misguided, uneducated fools into donating them a shitload of money. Nothing more. 

Seemed like as good a place to vent all that. Sorry if it was too much 

24 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

The holocaust comparisons have me legit sick to my stomach. There is not one thing in Canada going on right now that compares to the start of the holocaust. No red flags. Not a one.
They built the first concentration camp and started throwing people in it, in 1933. 
When did WWII start? 6 years after that. Their plan, right from the start was to A: Annex the countries around them. 
B: Have any “undesirables” straight up murdered in camps. 

Neither of those things will, have ever, or are going to happen in Canada.

Who’s building camps here? Who built one in 2015? 
Are we going to take over Greenland or the US for Lebensraum?

What happened starting in 2020 was that a small group of uneducated fools decided to piss and moan about every single ******* guideline during a god damned public health emergency, forcing the intelligent silent masses of us to listen to their selfish, asinine whining day in and day out, right up until now, almost 2 years later 

Sidebar (During the middle of it, there was a whole shitload of race-based or colonization based progress and/or political bullshit going on and 99 times out of 100 the antivaxers and the racists and the whining privileged assholes were on the same side, therefore forcing the intelligent masses to again listen to a bunch of pissing and moaning from more spoiled children. )

What is happening at the very moment is a small group of actual, documented WHITE SUPREMACISTS  have duped a larger group of misguided, uneducated fools into donating them a shitload of money. Nothing more. 

Seemed like as good a place to vent all that. Sorry if it was too much 

No please continue. Seriously.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

And O'Toole plans to meet them as they arrive in Ottawa: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/otoole-convoy-protest-meeting-1.6330575

O toole is the "moderate" in the Conservative/alliance party of Canada.

if we had American gun laws, many of those people on the bridge would be armed with assault rifles.

Edited by Mark F