Canadian Politics

Polls are one thing but you need to motivate the voters to out and vote. Local organizing is key. If voters are apathetic, they won't vote. 

Between the Cons, the Libs and the NDP, who do you think is most motivated to get out there? My guess is the Cons and the NDP.

What I don't know is how motivated are Liberal voters to get there and ensure we don't end up with the disaster the Cons did with the pandemic? That's a bit of a mystery. Saying you would vote Libs to a pollster and actually going out to vote are two different things. 

Who's motivated?

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

Wha??? No, Winnipeg has long been split three ways. And, the North goes NDP or Liberal. 

i would be more concerned if anything went purple, and believe me I am. Heading  home I saw way too many PPC signs on lawns and on those "islands" on roads, and it made me want to puke

Edited by iHeart

58 minutes ago, iHeart said:

i would be more concerned if anything went purple, and believe me I am. Heading  home I saw way too many PPC signs on lawns and on those "islands" on roads, and it made me want to puke

I might eat my words like I did with Trump, but I don't think you need to worry. Currently under-performing poll numbers, likely got too nervous they would split the right vote. Maybe prairie idiots stick to their guns more than the eastern idiots, but I think the only place you'll see anything even somewhat significant for PPC is in CPC strongholds. God I hope I'm right.

Fortunately I think a weak showing by the PPC in this election will pretty much be the death of any hopes for them. The vaccination policy is pretty much their only hope of pulling voters away from CPC. Sure hope vaccination policy is not an issue next election.

Edited by WildPath
Too many acronyms. Thanks Speedflex

3 minutes ago, WildPath said:

I might eat my words like I did with Trump, but I don't think you need to worry. Currently under-performing poll numbers, likely got too nervous they would split the right vote. Maybe prairie idiots stick to their guns more than the eastern idiots, but I think the only place you'll see anything even somewhat significant for PPC is in CPC strongholds. God I hope I'm right.

Fortunately I think a weak showing by the CPC in this election will pretty much be the death of any hopes for them. The vaccination policy is pretty much their only hope of pulling voters away from CPC. Sure hope vaccination policy is not an issue next election.

I think it was my dad who said that o'toole was a weak party leader.

Just now, bustamente said:

CTV calling a Liberal win

and I was just about to say that the best case scenario is that if Trudeau gets a minority he would also announce that this would be his last term, I mean even his dad knew when to stop (I think....well he was shown in a 1984 YiR issue of LIFE Pierre was shown with his boys but Justin was hidden in view)

19 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Fortunately I think a weak showing by the CPC in this election will pretty much be the death of any hopes for them. The vaccination policy is pretty much their only hope of pulling voters away from CPC. Sure hope vaccination policy is not an issue next election.

You're talking PPC, right? 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

PPC holds on now that they have that libertarian vote that's left the greens. It's a protest vote and there's always room for a protest party in Canada. 

I don't think many libertarians go for green historically. Social responsibility and restrictions on environmental harm aren't really a libertarian ideals.