Canadian Politics

6 hours ago, JCon said:

Taxes are general revenue. Gas taxes don't pay for roads, all taxes pay for roads. Like, all taxes pay for healthcare. 

I know this, I'm just saying that reasoning has been used to justify gas taxes before. I guess I wasn't clear, I was more surprised the right was using some semblance of logic to justify it as opposed to some bullcrap.

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I know this, I'm just saying that reasoning has been used to justify gas taxes before. I guess I wasn't clear, I was more surprised the right was using some semblance of logic to justify it as opposed to some bullcrap.

That would require both intelligence and effort. so.......

11 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Cuts to Healthcare. Cuts to Education. One of the worse vaccination rollouts in Canada but Pallister has $25 million for a redevelopment fund for the downtown Bay building? **** this *******! **** the entire Manitoba PC Party!

So what are you trying to say? lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/we-charity-ethics-report-trudeau-morneau-1.6024982

Former finance minister Bill Morneau breached the Conflict of Interest Act and should have recused himself from cabinet deliberations on the WE Charity summer student grants contract, given his close ties to the charity, according to an investigation by the federal ethics watchdog.

However, Federal Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion found Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who faced similar allegations, did not breach the Conflict of Interest Act.

"Consequently, I found that Mr. Morneau had the opportunity to improperly further WE's private interests," wrote Dion in his report, titled "Morneau II."

"The examination found the relationship between Mr. Morneau and WE included an unusually high degree of involvement between their representatives and afforded WE unfettered access to the office of the minister of Finance, which amounted to preferential treatment."

The ethics report released today on Trudeau's actions — titled "Trudeau III," since it's the third ethics commissioner probe into the PM — found the prime minister didn't have to recuse himself.

"Although the connection between Mr. Trudeau's relatives and WE created the appearance of a conflict of interest, the appearance of conflict is insufficient to cause a contravention of the Act's substantive rules," it found.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

After we get our second vaccination Trudeau & Freeland better not **** around with opening the US border & make us do Covid tests when we get back. It has to be the way it was before the pandemic. I'm reading today there may be some pushback from the Liberals. 

I don't want people just coming and going anymore, like it was pre-pandemic. I sincerely hope there's some form of "You must be vaccinated past this point"..... this India Variant is no joke, and is about to **** us all really hard in about 2 months from now. The last thing I want is people just coming and going across the border...

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

I don't want people just coming and going anymore, like it was pre-pandemic. I sincerely hope there's some form of "You must be vaccinated past this point"..... this India Variant is no joke, and is about to **** us all really hard in about 2 months from now. The last thing I want is people just coming and going across the border...

Trudeau is going to have to do it. If other countries open up then him not allowing Canadians to freely travel after being fully vaccinated will be a major problem for him with an election coming. 

Surprised the 215 FN kids buried in mass graves at a residential school in Kamloops hasn't triggered a discussion here. As much as federal, provincial & civic governments need to bear heavy responsibility for this, so does the Catholic Church who ran these schools. Sadistic nuns & pedo priests seem to be the story of these schools. These kids were sexually assaulted, beaten & lived in such cramped conditions that diseases like influenza & tuberculosis ran rampant which seems to be what killed most of the children as young as THREE. . What did these kids or their families do to deserve that?? How can things be made right after 100-150 years??? Just so sad. ******* politicians & ******* religion.

Edited by SpeedFlex27