Canadian Politics

I'm not surprised to see the anger toward Pallister/PCs, and I'm not really surprised about approval for an NDP party in MB, but I AM surprised about Kinew's general popularity. Didn't think a party with him as a leader would be able to garner enough support to win in the province.....curiouser and curiouser.....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm not surprised to see the anger toward Pallister/PCs, and I'm not really surprised about approval for an NDP party in MB, but I AM surprised about Kinew's general popularity. Didn't think a party with him as a leader would be able to garner enough support to win in the province.....curiouser and curiouser.....

He's become a good politician. Knows when/how to speak. And his roots in the community have helped him in that regard.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

The education review will erode some of the PC's rural support.  Ridings like Gimli, Selkirk, and Interlake have gone NDP in the past - there is plenty of animosity swirling right now, as it appears that smaller schools were not even considered.  And if they were, the information is not forthcoming.  

The whole things is looking more and more like just one huge swipe at the metro divisions and the teachers' union. 

It's all very interesting. I know that Kinew has a somewhat sordid history (aren't there charges of domestic violence or something of the like?) and didn't think he'd be able to drum up enough support as leader. But good on him if he does. Pallister seems like a complete mess. Truthfully, I follow #MBPoli closer than AB, so it's been very interesting...

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

The education review will erode some of the PC's rural support.  Ridings like Gimli, Selkirk, and Interlake have gone NDP in the past - there is plenty of animosity swirling right now, as it appears that smaller schools were not even considered.  And if they were, the information is not forthcoming.  

The whole things is looking more and more like just one huge swipe at the metro divisions and the teachers' union. 

And your point is.....?

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So... ****** carlson is angry with us and compared us to Russian gulag. His concern trolling is transparent like saran wrap.

I love the first pic of Trudeau- its shameful for both JT and FC.

So, that I don't have to bother listening to that racist turd, why is the GOP mad at Canada? 

55 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So... ****** carlson is angry with us and compared us to Russian gulag. His concern trolling is transparent like saran wrap.

I love the first pic of Trudeau- its shameful for both JT and FC.

We should be proud of that. The only people Carlson like are horrible ones.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

The terrible Premiers to the left and right of them are ashamed that they didn't think of this stupidity first. 

Truly, the right is the worst. 

at least the logic makes sense. The logic behind gas taxes is to maintain roads so ... 

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

at least the logic makes sense. The logic behind gas taxes is to maintain roads so ... 

Taxes are general revenue. Gas taxes don't pay for roads, all taxes pay for roads. Like, all taxes pay for healthcare. 

EVs don't fuel themselves. You still need to produce the energy. Tax the energy consumed. 

It's a lazy way to fight the Federal government because they didn't like the SCC decision.

10 hours ago, JCon said:

The terrible Premiers to the left and right of them are ashamed that they didn't think of this stupidity first. 

Truly, the right is the worst. 

This is just the SK provincial gov't being petty while reinforcing its collective ignorance.

At least COVID's under control in the rectangle province. Oh, wait...

Not sure why they wouldn't tax EVs for power consumption in Saskatchewan. A lot of collective ignorance and bias emerging in this thread. Saskatchewan has to buy a large portion of it's electricity because it cannot generate enough of it's own for existing infrastructure nevermind the countless billions that will be needed to upgrade the grid and supply for future EV use. Not sure why the Libs here think it's a swipe by their province to try and recover some of that cost through taxation. Infrastructure will be the biggest impediment to an eventual conversion to electric or preferably hydrogen conversion and it makes sense to start the process of collecting the necessary funds to make that happen.  Typical Liberals....we have a plan but no plan on how to pay for it and when someone does something proactive they are the right wing boogeyman.

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Not sure why they wouldn't tax EVs for power consumption in Saskatchewan. A lot of collective ignorance and bias emerging in this thread. Saskatchewan has to buy a large portion of it's electricity because it cannot generate enough of it's own for existing infrastructure nevermind the countless billions that will be needed to upgrade the grid and supply for future EV use. Not sure why the Libs here think it's a swipe by their province to try and recover some of that cost through taxation. Infrastructure will be the biggest impediment to an eventual conversion to electric or preferably hydrogen conversion and it makes sense to start the process of collecting the necessary funds to make that happen.  Typical Liberals....we have a plan but no plan on how to pay for it and when someone does something proactive they are the right wing boogeyman.

Then they ought to tax electric stoves as they compete with natural gas stoves.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Yes but they're not doing this at all. They're pumping a flat tax that does not take into consideration usage. Whereas, if they tax consumption, it would make more sense. 

The infrastructure required will be paid for by those consuming the energy. At no point does Saskpower or Hydro suck up costs that are not passed on to consumers. Again, just a make believe issues.

This is only the whiny conservatives not liking an SCC decision, so they throw a dumb idea out to "stick it to the lefties". 

Typical conservatives, short-term thinking with no plan. 

59 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Then they ought to tax electric stoves as they compete with natural gas stoves.

If the Liberals suggested that natural gas was a more efficient and cleaner technology, the alt-right would be pounding at the door for more hydro and coal electricity.