Canadian Politics

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMNKAxTAEq8/?igshid=bssk8tje9rop

Q: Will the PC's commit to making menstrual products accessible in Manitoba schools so that girls who cannot afford such products are not forced to miss school?

A: USB data blockers will protect young women from domestic violence

...what?

To the people who say 'why should taxes be used to pay for menstrual products' I ask 'why should taxes be used to pay for toilet paper?' And then I'd ask them to explain what a USB data blocker does to stop domestic violence and how that is money better spent. **** this provincial government into the ground.

11 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

To the people who say 'why should taxes be used to pay for menstrual products' I ask 'why should taxes be used to pay for toilet paper?' And then I'd ask them to explain what a USB data blocker does to stop domestic violence and how that is money better spent. **** this provincial government into the ground.

I drive by lots of Cathy Cox bus benches and it appears her surprised out of it look is an actual match to her personality.    Jesus Christ this is such an easy answer and such a small ask  (even if the NDP lady was overly dramatic saying kids are not going to school because of it) ,   you'd think they would of approved or at least address her answer and say some kind of "We will look into it" kind of answer instead of the data blockers.  

Also the data blocking USB is a waste of money,  most bad people can steal way more then enough personal info by looking at people being careless with what they post on social media.  

On 2021-03-09 at 1:02 PM, JCon said:

It was. Even if you didn't agree with his politics, he was articulate and passionate. He motivated the base and got others engaged. 

I couldn’t agree more. Gentleman Jack forced every leader to be better. The level of integrity he had raised the bar for all. He could have been a dynasty Prime Minister if he lead a more palatable platform. 

WHat in hell is going on here?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-phantom-bills-ruling-1.5946634

They can introduce and vote on bills without anyone other than the PCs ever seeing them? dafuq is going on? Wait- it's the NDP's fault.... JFC....

Are they stupid? do they think everyone is stupid? 

NDP need new leadership, the Liberal's need a... provincial party- the PCs need to ******* crash and burn. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

9 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

WHat in hell is going on here?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-phantom-bills-ruling-1.5946634

They can introduce and vote on bills without anyone other than the PCs ever seeing them? dafuq is going on? Wait- it's the NDP's fault.... JFC....

Are they stupid? do they think everyone is stupid? 

NDP need new leadership, the Liberal's need a... provincial party- the PCs need to ******* crash and burn. 

My MLA is the leader of the Liberal Party, Dougald Lamont. I've found him to be an excellent MLA and the party platform in general seems to be intelligent and progressive. As a plus, Pallister hates him and retorts to every issue Lamont raises with a jab at the federal Libs.

Unfortunately with our voting system it is very hard for the Libs to gain traction provincially. One side wants anything but the NDP, the other anything but the Conservatives. Its hard to make any headway when both sides are afraid to split the vote. The last election was the first time I ever voted provincially for the Liberals and I was only willing to vote for them because they had a legitimate shot at winning my riding.

38 minutes ago, WildPath said:

My MLA is the leader of the Liberal Party, Dougald Lamont. I've found him to be an excellent MLA and the party platform in general seems to be intelligent and progressive. As a plus, Pallister hates him and retorts to every issue Lamont raises with a jab at the federal Libs.

Unfortunately with our voting system it is very hard for the Libs to gain traction provincially. One side wants anything but the NDP, the other anything but the Conservatives. Its hard to make any headway when both sides are afraid to split the vote. The last election was the first time I ever voted provincially for the Liberals and I was only willing to vote for them because they had a legitimate shot at winning my riding.

I agree that Douglas is a good guy, so is Jon Gerard they just can’t put up a full slate of quality candidates especially in rural Manitoba so they are dead in the water. They need to have a candidate in place now in the South East Bible Belt out there acting as an alternative to the Cons. Only way they will ever be relevant again is to capitalize on some of the rural vortex that will never go NDP but alas as much as they hate Pallister right now they will vote Con in the next election anyway.

16 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I agree that Douglas is a good guy, so is Jon Gerard they just can’t put up a full slate of quality candidates especially in rural Manitoba so they are dead in the water. They need to have a candidate in place now in the South East Bible Belt out there acting as an alternative to the Cons. Only way they will ever be relevant again is to capitalize on some of the rural vortex that will never go NDP but alas as much as they hate Pallister right now they will vote Con in the next election anyway.

A Liberal wouldn't stand a chance in the South - East Bible Belt.  They could run a platypus down there - as long as they painted it blue. 

8 hours ago, Mark H. said:

A Liberal wouldn't stand a chance in the South - East Bible Belt.  They could run a platypus down there - as long as they painted it blue. 

The MLA for Steinbach, Kelvin Goertzen, literally got over 10 times as many votes as the 2nd place candidate. He got over 4 times as many votes as all the other candidates combined.

On 2021-03-12 at 6:09 AM, GCJenks said:

Pallister is going to step down before the next election. He isn't happy he's had to remain in Manitoba and actually work for a living during the pandemic and will want to make up for lost time in Costa Rica. 

Believe me...  There is no point in wasted any resources running against Kelvin Goertzen. There was a period of time when there was a vote split on the right where this riding had a liberal federal MP.  But since the right united this area is locked down for conservatives federally and provincially.  The next federal election is going to be interesting. I think Trudeau will be less popular due to the vaccine issues.  However, with a secular leader for the conservatives I wonder if the People's Party won't take more votes away from the conservatives.  For those who are anti lockdown I feel like the People's Party is the only effective protest vote. Should be interesting.  

I will never forget the hand made "billboard" (a bed sheet across two sticks) that was spray painted "A VOTE FOR THE LIBERALS IS A VOTE FOR THE DEVIL" that was set up at a major intersection in Winkler when I first moved there in 2006 (it was shortly after Harper's first win)... 

That told me everything I needed to know about Manitoba South of the Trans Can. It was a weeeeeeird year and a half down there.... 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Believe me...  There is no point in wasted any resources running against Kelvin Goertzen. There was a period of time when there was a vote split on the right where this riding had a liberal federal MP.  But since the right united this area is locked down for conservatives federally and provincially.  The next federal election is going to be interesting. I think Trudeau will be less popular due to the vaccine issues.  However, with a secular leader for the conservatives I wonder if the People's Party won't take more votes away from the conservatives.  For those who are anti lockdown I feel like the People's Party is the only effective protest vote. Should be interesting.  

Totally agree with your assessment of politics in the south west.  That Liberal MP you mention (David Iftody) was actually quite effective - but that does not seem to matter.  Same story up here in Selkirk Interlake. 

As for Trudeau being less popular, I think the NDP are losing ground and the Libs will pick up some of their lost seats.  I think Con support will stay the same - rock solid in inconsequential Tory strongholds, while the Libs will win the swing ridings. 

21 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

No thanks. The People's Party is home for racists & looney religious nuts, anti maskers, anti vaxxers as well as alt right conspiracy theorists. I'm Conservative but I'd never vote for those idiots. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No thanks. The People's Party is home for racists & looney religious nuts, anti maskers, anti vaxxers as well as alt right conspiracy theorists. I'm Conservative but I'd never vote for those idiots. 

I have some bad news for you.....

Progressive conservatives are dead in this country. Look at how resoundingly the conservative party rejected Peter McKay in the last leadership convention. That party is fully under the control of the racists and religious nuts.

The only honest to God option right now is the Liberals and that kills me to say because Trudeau is ******* clownshoes.