Canadian Politics

Real transparent those Liberals are

Senior Liberal staffers discussed withholding details about COVID-19 response: Internal emails (msn.com)

In one email exchange, a senior staffer from the Prime Minister’s Office said the government could be held accountable for announcements about billions of dollars in public spending if it provided too many details.

Imagine having to account for all those billions of dollars spent. This guys a real piece of work. 

40 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Real transparent those Liberals are

Senior Liberal staffers discussed withholding details about COVID-19 response: Internal emails (msn.com)

Imagine having to account for all those billions of dollars spent. This guys a real piece of work. 

I recommend reading this article - it has more information. 

In short - this was a recommendation by the privy council, to use generic wording in public announcements, in order to increase the flexibility of how the funds could be used. 

39 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I recommend reading this article - it has more information. 

In short - this was a recommendation by the privy council, to use generic wording in public announcements, in order to increase the flexibility of how the funds could be used. 

Me thinks you don't know who they are and who put them there. Do a little reading up on the privy council. 

5 hours ago, pigseye said:

Rex Murphy: This is the worst Canadian government ever. Can there be any question? (msn.com)

A good summary on everything that has gone wrong for the Trudeau Liberals. They continue to sink in the polls and it's a dead heat with the Cons now. 

They don't sink. That's the problem. Unless you count a 2 foot deep wading pool. When he sinks all Trudeau has to do is sit down. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

43 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Me thinks you don't know who they are and who put them there. Do a little reading up on the privy council. 

I know exactly what The Privy Council is and how it functions.   I have actually participated in a week - long seminar at Parliament.

23 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I know exactly what The Privy Council is and how it functions.   I have actually participated in a week - long seminar at Parliament.

this pigeye is wrong about everything, but also smug and condescending.

What is the (allowable here), word for that?

need "permission to speak frankly sir"

the guy loves to ruin discussions with half right, mostly wrong piggy stuff.

he reminds me of the guys I used to go for am coffee with.

everyone got there early so when our  version of the  pigeye character showed up, no room for him. lol.

go sit in the corner pigeye.

Edited by Mark F

On 2021-02-05 at 1:20 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Why do you you do this? You know this isn't true.  You know it's going to get called out.  Why do you need a football forum to validate your existence? I mean, if you want some meaningful interaction in the covid era- I can invite you to a game of codebreaker online if you want. If you play any co-op videogames over the internet, shoot me a gamer tag and I will totally invite you.  You don't need to troll so hard for validation.

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

everyone got there early so when our  version of the  pigeye character showed up, no room for him. lol.

Start at the 8:37 mark. Or cut to the chase at 10:13. 
Either way, I have found the best remedy is to starve him of oxygen if you don’t like him. Not literally, and not via the ban hammer. Just tune out his noise. Don’t worry about discrediting his sources or challenging his version of spin with contrary opinion or facts. Just act like he didn’t even post and carry on with the conversation. And when he whines about the “echo chamber” and “closed minds refusing to accept differing points of view” (Kellyanne Conway called them “alternative facts”, which by definition cannot exist) understand that he does it to get a rise out of people and to get them to follow him down the rabbit hole to get a sense of gratification out of it (he will deny this point I strongly suspect) because he is being heard. He may have some interesting tidbits to post, unfortunately for him so much of his past posting history (notably in the Climate Change thread) is so one-sided and debunked, that his reputation as an objective or credible poster here is shot. And that is of his own doing. So if you want to spend time debunking him further, have at it. It gets kind of fun to see how fast you can sow doubt into his sources. But there is little point in getting upset about it. That is his oxygen. And it seems to me that this approach of just ignoring him and pretending that he didn’t post anything worked before. Once his contrarian climate change posts were simply passed over, he got bored of being invalidated and “took a break from the echo chamber”. Now he’s back but his habits haven’t changed, so there is no reason to give him a new chance at legitimacy. Differing opinions are certainly allowed here, and we can agree to disagree, but if you can’t back up your position, use discredited sources, or just turn a debate into a personal insult like “you just don’t want to see the truth  because of a character flaw” (radical left, right wing racist, and Rider fan seem to be the go-to’s here at this point in time) when you get challenged, then your schtick will get tired quickly, whichever side you are on. In my opinion, the best way to remove these types is to pretend they did not post. 

Or write “TLDR”. (My personal calling card) 🤣

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

43 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I always liked Rex Murphy. Never saw him as Con.

The best part is that Rex is a life long Liberal. He ran for the party and worked for the premier of New Foundland. The confirmation bias on this site is really something special. I'm beginning to think that I'm the one being trolled because nobody can be this uninformed. 

Edited by pigseye
E

9 hours ago, pigseye said:

The best part is that Rex is a life long Liberal. He ran for the party and worked for the premier of New Foundland. The confirmation bias on this site is really something special. I'm beginning to think that I'm the one being trolled because nobody can be this uninformed. 

And, yet, you and the other Qarens are that uniformed. 

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I always liked Rex Murphy. Never saw him as Con.

He's an alt-right mouthpiece and has been for years. 

17 hours ago, Mark F said:

When I spout crap and people from all varying perspectives disagree I say with smugness you all in an echo chamber.

Sigh.

I read on the twitters that resonated, being ignored doesn't mean your freedom of speech is being infringed. 

What point is that? That you spew alt-right crap all the time?

Rex Murphy is an opinionist and the reality of news entertainment today is that the more controversial the opinion the more views you get. 

Danielle Smith for example got a hell of a lot crazier on the radio show she had than she was when she was actually accountable to voters. It's all about getting people to tune in or read or whatever to your opinion on your entertainment platform.