Canadian Politics

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

The anti - mask / anti - lockdown are often also the anti - vaxxers.

The "adults" who barely made through grade school are now self-proclaimed experts in virology, immunization/vaccination, and epidemiology. 

Dunning-Kruger Effect is the most dangerous disease out there.

27 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Yes basically your vegans, tree huggers, hippies and granola munchers. 

Why do you you do this? You know this isn't true.  You know it's going to get called out.  Why do you need a football forum to validate your existence? I mean, if you want some meaningful interaction in the covid era- I can invite you to a game of codebreaker online if you want. If you play any co-op videogames over the internet, shoot me a gamer tag and I will totally invite you.  You don't need to troll so hard for validation.

12 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Why do you you do this? You know this isn't true.  You know it's going to get called out.  Why do you need a football forum to validate your existence? I mean, if you want some meaningful interaction in the covid era- I can invite you to a game of codebreaker online if you want. If you play any co-op videogames over the internet, shoot me a gamer tag and I will totally invite you.  You don't need to troll so hard for validation.

Hey, I just follow the science

Who are the anti-vaxxers? Here's what we know — and how they got there in the first place | National Post

There are a litany of them. There’s the fear of toxic substances in vaccines, and belief in a “big pharma” conspiracy to sell these drugs to as many people as possible. 

Sounds like the group I described. 

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well the muricans would not like that. Also its like giving the kidnappers what they want.

The lives of two innocent Canadian men are worth more than the crimes Meng is charged with. What did Trudeau think the Chinese wanted in exchange for the vaccine, maples syrup? 

7 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The lives of two innocent Canadian men are worth more than the crimes Meng is charged with. What did Trudeau think the Chinese wanted in exchange for the vaccine, maples syrup? 

Are they innocent though?

Seems like anytime someone is arrested for espionage it's cause they are spies.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I think there's anti-vaxxers of different stripes. There are some hippie types that are, but out here in AB, it's a lot of redneck, meat n potatoes, guns and liberty for all types that are anti-vaxxers....

Of course there is. 

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Are they innocent though?

The legal process in China appears to be a bit one sided so we will probably never know. Best to just get them home already because we are not going to win either way. 

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think there's anti-vaxxers of different stripes. There are some hippie types that are, but out here in AB, it's a lot of redneck, meat n potatoes, guns and liberty for all types that are anti-vaxxers....

Yes anti-vaxxers live at either end of the fringes of society. 

20 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Someone tried equating anti-maskers with anti-vaxxers, trying to lump them all in same basket like is prone to happen around here, nice to see not everyone is fooled. 

Yet...

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Yes basically your vegans, tree huggers, hippies and granola munchers. 

tenor.gif?itemid=15730797

6 minutes ago, pigseye said:

So, can we all agree to stop doing this then? 

You do what you want. I ain't your parent.

trump gets de-platformed and disappears entirely, my post counts start to fall, my heart rate and blood pressure normalize, days seem brighter and colours more vibrant... and the @pigseye starts the prolific trolling and....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The federal government is still standing by their September prediction. Assuming all these additional vaccines get approved I would tend to believe that it can get done this year. The problem of course will be the anti-vaxxers simply refusing to get vaccinations which will allow this thing to be a problem longer than it should.

Vaccination Passports (proof) will do the trick. You want to travel by air? You'll ned to show proof of vaccination. Want to go to the States by air or vehicle? Show proof. Stay in a hotel? Show proof. Want a plumber or electrician to fix something in your home? Show proof. That will get the asshat anti vaxxers motivated to get their shots. 

4 hours ago, pigseye said:

Someone tried equating anti-maskers with anti-vaxxers, trying to lump them all in same basket like is prone to happen around here, nice to see not everyone is fooled. 

Anti maskers are assholes.

15 hours ago, pigseye said:

Okay but you do realize that they aren't all one in the same, that would be stereotyping.  

There are plenty of ‘professionals’ -chiropractors, natural medicine et. al. who promote anti-vaccine rhetoric - it brings them clientele from that segment of the population. So yes, I realize there’s a lot going on, and most of it is not good, whether they believe in wearing masks or not. 

9 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Rex Murphy: This is the worst Canadian government ever. Can there be any question? (msn.com)

A good summary on everything that has gone wrong for the Trudeau Liberals. They continue to sink in the polls and it's a dead heat with the Cons now. 

Oh yay. Rex Murphy - Canada's answer to "what would the embodiment of Tucker Carlson's faux outrage and indignation look like." 

Yeah, I am taking a hard pass on this one.