Canadian Politics

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

CPC - the party of Trumpism.

Oh, look... More projection from the alt-right. ******* knuckle-draggers.

The real O'Toole needs to nut up and get his **** together. Letting MAGAt wannabes run his party is a really bad look.

Edited by blue_gold_84
tweet added (parody account)

there's a lot of buzz about a federal election this year. With his (mostly) good handling of the pandemic, plus the general disgust toward conservative politics (fueled by what we've seen in the States), Trudeau is going to absolutely slaughter O'Toole....

28 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The real O'Toole needs to nut up and get his **** together. Letting MAGAt wannabes run his party is a really bad look.

But, but. but that's the first honesty in decades from the CPC.

Then we have this local hypocrite: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/senate-travel-plett-mexico-1.5866272

Conservative Sen. Don Plett — who sparked controversy by travelling to Mexico on vacation over the holidays — co-signed a directive last year barring all MPs and senators from travelling outside Canada as part of interparliamentary delegations.

The directive, initially signed in March and renewed repeatedly, is still in effect. It is expected to be renewed again before it expires on Feb. 5.

The directive was adopted unanimously by MPs and senators on the Joint Interparliamentary Council (JIC). It instructs all interparliamentary associations to "cancel or postpone any mission presently being planned during this period." It applies to trips to other countries planned by MPs and senators, as well as trips to Canada by foreign elected officials.

How dumb do you have to be to sign on such a directive and then violate it nine months later? (rhetorical question)

10 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Then we have this local hypocrite: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/senate-travel-plett-mexico-1.5866272

How dumb do you have to be to sign on such a directive and then violate it nine months later? (rhetorical question)

Dumb?

Or

Idon'tgiveafuckiamspecialtheserulesidraftedisfortheplebsthisshitdon'tapplytome.

I am leaning more to the latter.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Navdeep Bains steps down, Trudeau to shuffle cabinet: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-cabinet-shuffle-small-1.5869679

Liberal MP Navdeep Bains says he won't run in the next election and is leaving his spot at the cabinet table to spend more time with family.

"I have lived the Canadian dream; I am the son of a cabinet maker who had the opportunity to serve as a cabinet minister," the innovation minister said in a statement posted Tuesday morning.

"But it's time for me to focus on the most important job I have in life — being a Dad."

His decision has triggered a cabinet shuffle, planned for Tuesday morning, involving a handful of ministers, CBC News has learned.

Sources with knowledge of the shuffle, who spoke to CBC News on condition of confidentiality, said Foreign Affairs Minister François-Philippe Champagne will replace Bains at Innovation, Science and Industry, and Transport Minister Marc Garneau will move to Foreign Affairs. Mississauga Centre MP Omar Alghabra will be promoted to cabinet to take over Transport.

Winnipeg MP Jim Carr is returning as a full cabinet member after stepping aside for cancer treatments.

The move was announced in a cabinet shuffle this morning.

Carr stepped aside after he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma after experiencing flu-like symptoms during the 2019 federal election campaign, though Prime Minister Justin Trudeau appointed him as a special representative for the region.

Today, Carr returns to full cabinet member as a minister who is a special representative for the Prairies.

Nice to see Mr. Carr back at work.

Edited by blue_gold_84
info added

On 2021-01-08 at 2:02 PM, 17to85 said:

Seriously Justin Trudeau is a goof and in my opinion a pretty weak PM... but christ the losers the CPC and NDP trot out make him the best option AINEC

yeah, sometimes your only options are Michael Bishop and Jason Boltus.

On 2021-01-08 at 1:12 PM, blue_gold_84 said:

glad to see this is getting posted here.  trust me, you do not want to indulge this kind of campaign rhetoric.

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Where did JT go? 

I know that Ashton went away. The Ashton's are very privileged and use their political influence to help themselves. 

I know Steve and Niki personally and you are absolutely bang on with your assessment. Steve ran a tab at my business in Thompson and then got ignorant when the bill came. He thought it should be comped....lol.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

This Christmas? 

Yep. Unbelievable that the mainstream media barely even touched on this.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I know Steve and Niki personally and you are absolutely bang on with your assessment. Steve ran a tab at my business in Thompson and then got ignorant when the bill came. He thought it should be comped....lol.

Yep.

Edited by GCn20

it's been confirmed many times over that the Trudeau's spent the Christmas break together between Ottawa and Quebec. It's absolutely insane that people believe this conspiracy theory nonsense. They want SO BADLY for Trudeau to get caught in a scandal because they believe in all this "Laurentian Elite" bullshit. If he had actually travelled, don't you think there'd be a blow-up about it? It's been asked and answered...they stayed home. Because they're not assholes. 

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Yep.

Steve "Untendered Contract" Ashton.

Just now, Noeller said:

it's been confirmed many times over that the Trudeau's spent the Christmas break together between Ottawa and Quebec. It's absolutely insane that people believe this conspiracy theory nonsense. They want SO BADLY for Trudeau to get caught in a scandal because they believe in all this "Laurentian Elite" bullshit. If he had actually travelled, don't you think there'd be a blow-up about it? It's been asked and answered...they stayed home. Because they're not assholes. 

That's what I was thinking. This would have made the news if he had. The only reference I find is on the alt-right "news" channels. They make up everything.