Canadian Politics

On 2020-05-03 at 8:37 PM, Brandon said:

Sounds like a lot of grey area....  fortunately Trudeau is an expert on this and will make the judgement rather then consulting with others. .

Trudeau won't be the one relying on the greyness. It will be the RCMP. They will use this to remove as many guns as possible, whether they fit a general idea of assault weapons or not.

Like others here, I don't own any guns and the only time I've shot anything was at a range in Vegas. For me, it was fun but I doubt I'd bother again. But I didn't like the long gun registery and I'm not happy with the vagueness of what the Liberals have done. Define what they are wanting removed clearly, and I could be behind it.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well Justin The Clown will grant Huaweii the right to build our 5G network. 

Huawei does not build networks- it supplies components and software that is as much as a decade ahead of other systems. It is already in place in Europe for a while without apparent problems. There is a degree of concern about backdoor access being built into Huawei's 5G's components and software, but it has been generally accepted that the US has built similar accesses into Cisco servers as well as other components. The majority of the noise about Huawei has come from the US who has been badly beaten by Huawei's innovation and is desperate to slow Huawei down to maintain their stranglehold.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Yea, we should stick with the good ‘ole USA, even though it’s proven they have ties with..the good ‘ole USA.

Well, Trump or no Trump (eventually) I'd trust them over China. We don't develop our own technology anymore. So, we're gonna be some countries *****. 

11 hours ago, Tracker said:

Huawei does not build networks- it supplies components and software that is as much as a decade ahead of other systems. It is already in place in Europe for a while without apparent problems. There is a degree of concern about backdoor access being built into Huawei's 5G's components and software, but it has been generally accepted that the US has built similar accesses into Cisco servers as well as other components. The majority of the noise about Huawei has come from the US who has been badly beaten by Huawei's innovation and is desperate to slow Huawei down to maintain their stranglehold.

If by innovation you mean stealing shamelessly from Canadian companies....  http://natoassociation.ca/why-canada-should-be-wary-of-huawei-lessons-from-nortel/

Regardless of what may or may not be in Cisco servers and US companies, with what China has shown in recent relations with Canada,  I would be very very weary of getting into bed with Huawei at this point.  Also, the EU has recommended "limiting" Huawei 5G and still considers them "high-risk".  Time will tell what the outcome of using this technology will mean for these countries.

Given our lack of military and geographic location, we are pretty much in bed with the US good or bad.  China has proven not to be a friend.

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

If by innovation you mean stealing shamelessly from Canadian companies....  http://natoassociation.ca/why-canada-should-be-wary-of-huawei-lessons-from-nortel/

Regardless of what may or may not be in Cisco servers and US companies, with what China has shown in recent relations with Canada,  I would be very very weary of getting into bed with Huawei at this point.  Also, the EU has recommended "limiting" Huawei 5G and still considers them "high-risk".  Time will tell what the outcome of using this technology will mean for these countries.

Given our lack of military and geographic location, we are pretty much in bed with the US good or bad.  China has proven not to be a friend.

Every country will act in its own best interests, and China is no different, so any communication technology we import would have to be handled with care. However, 5G is the future and is as far ahead of 4G as ADSL is ahead of dial-up, so the choice is either wait for several years for alternatives or proceed with Huawei using caution in an arms-length relationship.

8 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh hey, Look. A ******* loser. 

Probably a ****-for-brains RedNexiter, too. And then he tweets some assclown apology with some longwinded BS using his own anecdote to try and make up for attacking another person:

"But let me try and explain"... that I'm just a clueless putz. Weird how he can't even apologize to the person he attacked.