Canadian Politics

Can't call yourself a country or its PM anymore  if you're content to just maintain the Quebec City-Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto power corridor that has run Canada for 50 years now . It is an old, taken for granted formula that's dying

This election will be the last gasp of the old ways of doing things. The West will guarantee that. 

After a Lib-left-Green Frankenstein monster gains power the status quo elites who want the corridor to live forever no matter whos in power won't know what hit them.

55 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well the Trumpster is running trillion dollar deficits multiple years running.

Don't let that fool you. If the Democrats get in & they enact some of their climate initiatives & other programs their deficits will be much worse. I'm surprised that the American dollar hasn't collapsed under its own weight.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Don't let that fool you. If the Democrats get in & they enact some of their climate initiatives & other programs their deficits will be much worse. I'm surprised that the American dollar hasn't collapsed under its own weight.

So... instead of accepting the reality of "what is"- you are banking on "what might" be reality as your argument? Cool, that is one way to go about it.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

In Canada at the federal level, all parties have a history of deficits.  All of them. 

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So... instead of accepting the reality of "what is"- you are banking on "what might" be reality as your argument? Cool, that is one way to go about it.

But isn't that how the Libs, Greens & NDP are doing it? Promise the world. Then figure out later how to pay for it after. Suck...errr… voters.... errr… taxpayers. 

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Some worse than others. The Libs won't cost out theirs. The NDP's would be massive. Someone has to pay for it all. Us. 

Their platforms don't matter - they'll deliver about 1/8 of what their promising

I'm looking at their past track records and I'll tell you why

When Stephen Harper lost in 2015, he said the Conservatives would form government again, and when they did, it would be based on their Conservative values.  I find this to be true of any government and party. 

13 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Their platforms don't matter - they'll deliver about 1/8 of what their promising

I'm looking at their past track records and I'll tell you why

When Stephen Harper lost in 2015, he said the Conservatives would form government again, and when they did, it would be based on their Conservative values.  I find this to be true of any government and party. 

Well, I hope Conservatives do form the government again but I have my doubts. 

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It would be a disaster if the NDP took power. Spending would be full tilt & federal debt would be out of control. Get used to paying higher taxes to fund the Utopian Society Singh longingly talks about. 

People like to believe this while believing that conservatives (Conservatives or Republicans) are the best stewards of budgets.  Right now, Trump and Ford are spending their brains out while simultaneously cutting services.  At least you get programs and services with the NDP plans, who do also on occasion balance their budgets. (on occasion can be said for every party).

55 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

People like to believe this while believing that conservatives (Conservatives or Republicans) are the best stewards of budgets.  Right now, Trump and Ford are spending their brains out while simultaneously cutting services.  At least you get programs and services with the NDP plans, who do also on occasion balance their budgets. (on occasion can be said for every party).

But Communism is the way forward, alrighty then.

And where does Pallister and Manitoba fall in that example? Right where every Conservative government ends up after years of NDP recklessness, digging us out of the hole and back to balanced budgets. Facts are facts. 

5 minutes ago, pigseye said:

But Communism is the way forward, alrighty then.

And where does Pallister and Manitoba fall in that example? Right where every Conservative government ends up after years of NDP recklessness, digging us out of the hole and back to balanced budgets. Facts are facts. 

Yup. Harper sure did pretty good at digging out the surplus he was gifted... 

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Image result for a short history of canadian politics

Does anyone honestly wonder why nothing changes? This will be another crap election, regardless of the party that "wins"... We, the taxpayer, ultimately lose - each and every damned time.

Who lowered the GST 2% for you? Who gave you income tax credits?

You want lower taxes, you vote Conservative. The only ones who complain about them are the ones who want everything for free. 

22 minutes ago, pigseye said:

They are busy trying to pretend there is still a deficit - when there isn't.  They have been corrected twice by the auditor general:

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/manitoba-numbers-game-561473592.html

And what is the primary reason that they have a 9 million surplus?  Increased transfer payments from Ottawa.

26 minutes ago, pigseye said:

You want lower taxes, you vote Conservative. The only ones who complain about them are the ones who want everything for free. 

Nice job missing the point. Not the first time, though.

Your political bias is almost as embarrassing as your comments in the climate change thread.

56 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The same party that upped the minimum retirement age by 2 years because we can't afford the 2% GST cut? 1% per year seems to be the going rate- that's awesome.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy