Canadian Politics

51 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The Liberals are in full blown panic mode with the latest polls, they are losing support to the NDP's while the Cons numbers remain the same,

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/elections/scheer-singh-make-confident-pitch-to-voters-trudeau-targets-both-as-polls-move-to-favour-conservatives/ar-AAIGaM6?ocid=spartandhp

The Liberals will be pulling every dirty trick out of their book to try to salvage things now. However, what can you possibly use against Jagmeet if you are a Liberal spin doctor? 

The same thing Liberals do during a meltdown...try to spread fear the left vote will be split so you better park your vote with the nice safe Liberals.

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

So PM Jolson shows up late for a rally surrounded by security in tactical dress. Not RCMP,  private security? Local cops? But if it was truly a tactical,situation the rally wouldn't have been cancelled and or the room cleared for everyone's protection ?

Another dress up party ? A stunt for compliant media to ask why so the reply can be I've been threatened by "white nationalists" and voting liberal is the only thing stopping  Canada from turning into 1930s Alabama?

Day after CBC launches law suit vs conservatives two weeks before an election ? Bizzare even by 2019 politics standards.

Gets even weirder. .the guards appear to be wearing Canadian Ranger patches. The pseudo military body that "patrols" the Arctic which I'm presuming is made up of 99.99 Inuit.

Imagine the RCMP being asked to step aside for this farce?

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Did you hear they caught Andrew Scheer in a barn ******* goats? ...  the imagery of Andrew Scheer in a barn ******* goats makes me question his fitness for office.  Hide your goats!

Wow, I never figured Andrew sheer was a riderfan. Who woulda thunk It?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

The problem with Trudeau and this latest rumour is that the wearing blackface and lying about it incidents coupled with the fact that it took the US media to break the story makes it plausible to some voters that the rumour is true. Personally I think it could have happened but would like to see it from a mainstream media source.

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The problem with Trudeau and this latest rumour is that the wearing blackface and lying about it incidents coupled with the fact that it took the US media to break the story makes it plausible to some voters that the rumour is true. Personally I think it could have happened but would like to see it from a mainstream media source.

What rumour are you referring? 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

As a matter of fact...

EDaQst5XsAAv1Fr.jpg

Hey, Ed, good luck out there today.

But if you don't think you need luck that's OK too because believing in your own abilities is important its what made this country great but if you believe in luck I'm 100% in favour of that too. My grandfather believed in luck...That's what's so great about Canada ..believing in things. As PM I will believe what you believe. .what we all believe. ..

i don’t believe for one second they the security threat was made up.  Although I do question why media is reporting steps taken to protect the PM.  

but the absolutely hysteria among some liberal supporters is astounding.  Blaming the conservatives for JT getting threatened.  Weren’t that upset about blackface though were they?  

i don’t like a Scheer but the liberal hypocrisy almost makes me want to vote for him.  

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Singh open to a coalition, JT seems less excited (he clearly wants to win a majority again). Interesting times.

Smart of Singh as many liberals want to vote liberals because they hate the cons more than they dislike racism and other crap by JT. But the NDP is a viable option if they feel it’s not helping the cons win. 

also if it happens, it raises the profile of  Singh and presents the NDP as a legitimate option for government. 

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Smart of Singh as many liberals want to vote liberals because they hate the cons more than they dislike racism and other crap by JT. But the NDP is a viable option if they feel it’s not helping the cons win. 

also if it happens, it raises the profile of  Singh and presents the NDP as a legitimate option for government. 

If anything, this will motivate Conservative voters to get out & cast a ballot on election day. I don't see the NDP or Singh as a legit government & leader any more than any other third place party that is desperate enough to do anything for power. 

In a coalition government, Singh would be Deputy Prime Minister as well as Minister Of All Good Things handing out everything from free dental care to writing off student loans. All the while killing billions of dollars in O & G revenues the government used to have. Be prepared to give up 75% of your paycheque to taxes to fund all the goodies. 

2 minutes ago, Zontar said:

A coalition of Libs NDP and Greens..two of the three pretty much vowing to paralyze oil and gas production and pipelines....plus all the usual leftist tax and spend and social policies.

Canada's gonna  be awesome.

We can call it the Rainbow Coalition as no doubt Singh will have a turban with every colour in the rainbow. And he'll surprise us with a new one everyday. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I don’t like a Scheer but the liberal hypocrisy almost makes me want to vote for him.  

Agreed.  I voted Conservative in the advanced polls yesterday, for that exact reason - coupled with the fact that the Conservatives have my riding locked up and the other parties aren't even trying.  

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We can call it the Rainbow Coalition as no doubt Singh will have a turban with every colour in the rainbow. And he'll surprise us with a new one everyday. 

Lunatic fringes of all three parties will be pushing for every far left policy they can to be enacted knowing they won't get another shot like this for years if ever. 

At least a Liberal majority kept them at bay. Not anymore.

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

Lunatic fringes of all three parties will be pushing for every far left policy they can to be enacted knowing they won't get another shot like this for years if ever. 

At least a Liberal majority kept them at bay. Not anymore.

The best thing that ever happened to Singh was black face. 

In my riding there are no Liberal, NDP or Green signs. I have no idea who the candidates of these parties are or what their platforms are other than what I read & hear in the national media. No political pamphlets or info. My attitude? **** them. If they won't work to get any votes than I'll vote Conservative as my MP is the incumbent. 

Bits and bites since i just finished advanced voting.

Credible threat on Trudeau.

Why did he leave teaching? Why did Sheer leave insurance? There's a mystery there. No not really but that's one of the ways  certain people try to frame a politician.

Looks like CP minority.

Unless there's some article that says the 2nd place party can form a coalition government promising no elections for 4 years like they did in B.C. then I suspect we will have another election really quick if CP kill carbon tax.