Canadian Politics

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

And I'm similar in that I vote ABC too (anyone but communists) - anyone but the commie Liberals, NDP or the awful Greens gets my vote. 

Good on You! I respect your right to vote for whoever you feel will lead Canada best.

Examples of what? Please stop smearing extremely good hard-working people with this racist nonsense. Its disingenuous and embarrassing.

It was all hashed out in earlier posts in this thread about sheers senior staff and their ties to racism. Please address the facts and stop shouting them down- that would better strengthen your argument. 

Time to forgive, accept apologies (as much as it pains me I can accept Blackface's totally fake apology) and move on to actual issues. 

Yet, you bring it up nonstop like you have #trudeaublackfacetourettes

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Good on You! I respect your right to vote for whoever you feel will lead Canada best.

yes, thank you, as I respect your voting rights.  And in case you weren't sure, my choice of who will lead Canada best is the leader who didn't wear blackface, which is Andrew Scheer.

It was all hashed out in earlier posts in this thread about sheers senior staff and their ties to racism. Please address the facts and stop shouting them down- that would better strengthen your argument. 

there is no argument on Earth that stops haters from hating, and so we're just going to have to content ourselves here with apologies.  You are content that Justin Trudeau is genuinely sorry for appearing in Blackface numerous times and committing horrific acts of racism, and I am content that Conservatives that made mistakes in the past are genuinely sorry for their mistakes and also deserve the same treatment - ie forgiveness.  It is disingenuous to say that Scheer's senior staff have "ties to racism", as it would have been disingenuous to say that Hillary Clinton and her staff had "ties to racism", despite how close she was to KKK member Robert Byrd.

clinton-byrd.png?resize=865,452&quality=

In short, you can't have it both ways.  If one guy (Byrd) can be forgiven for his past indiscretions and horrible racism, and Justin Trudeau can be forgiven for his horrible lapses in judgement, then you cannot say that "Scheer has ties to racism" either.  You just can't have it both ways.  It doesn't work that way.

Yet, you bring it up nonstop like you have #trudeaublackfacetourettes

If there weren't constant new footage of the guy running around in BlackFace, maybe I could forget it.  Maybe.  As long as the "racism" card is brought up and lobbed at the Conservatives, completely disingenuously, I'll have to point out the hypocrisy of how easy it was for the Left to forgive Justin Trudeau's insanely stupid racist activity.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5936467/toxic-partisan-conversation-trudeau-blackface-scandal/?utm_expid=.kz0UD5JkQOCo6yMqxGqECg.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.castanet.net%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D122%26t%3D83141%26p%3D2544281

Dawna Friesen holds Justin Trudeau to account for his Blackface actions.  He says he is sorry and is asking for forgiveness for his past actions.  I think everyone should be given this same opportunity, not just the members of certain political parties that are deemed "acceptable" by a certain PC strata of society.  Just because you are the elitist son a of former PM doesn't give you blanket immunity that you refuse to grant to others.

If you have a shred of humanity, then forgiving all people, even those you don't like very much, shouldn't be that hard.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

8 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yes, thank you, as I respect your voting rights.  And in case you weren't sure, my choice of who will lead Canada best is the leader who didn't wear blackface, which is Andrew Scheer.

I don't think the blackface is the breaking point for you not voting for trudeau- if that was the case, I would assume you would take umbrage with the racist ties that sheers senior staff has. 

there is no argument on Earth that stops haters from hating, and so we're just going to have to content ourselves here with apologies.  You are content that Justin Trudeau is genuinely sorry for appearing in Blackface numerous times and committing horrific acts of racism, and I am content that Conservatives that made mistakes in the past are genuinely sorry for their mistakes and also deserve the same treatment - ie forgiveness.  It is disingenuous to say that Scheer's senior staff have "ties to racism", as it would have been disingenuous to say that Hillary Clinton and her staff had "ties to racism", despite how close she was to KKK member Robert Byrd.

**Edit out pic- cuz that is gross for a tonne of reasons.**

In short, you can't have it both ways.  If one guy (Byrd) can be forgiven for his past indiscretions and horrible racism, and Justin Trudeau can be forgiven for his horrible lapses in judgement, then you cannot say that "Scheer has ties to racism" either.  You just can't have it both ways.  It doesn't work that way.

Yeah I don't condone his blackface- I think his apology is insincere. Was it racist- sure it was, does trudeau make policies based on blackface? no. Does his senior staffers have ties to racist organizations or are inherently racist... not that I am aware off. It's not as simple as forgiveness. do I forgive HRC? nope- I dont condone much of what she is accused of. Forgive Robert Byrd? **** no! has he made enough contrition for his hate? I don't think so. 

I hold all the above accountable and as long as sheerer continues to court racists and have senior staff members (hand picked) who dictate policy... well I think that is more offensive than 20 year old brown face. 

If there weren't constant new footage of the guy running around in BlackFace, maybe I could forget it.  Maybe.  As long as the "racism" card is brought up and lobbed at the Conservatives, completely disingenuously, I'll have to point out the hypocrisy of how easy it was for the Left to forgive Justin Trudeau's insanely stupid racist activity.

yeah that black face well dried up too fast- I thought it would have been more damaging. I guess people think racist policy makers trump 20 year old brownface.

3 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't think the blackface is the breaking point for you not voting for trudeau- if that was the case, I would assume you would take umbrage with the racist ties that sheers senior staff has. 

The breaking point for me was the constant virtue signaling and empty promises in 2015 that I knew he would never keep.  The Blackface thing is just more interesting because it has exposed a ton of hypocrisy on the Left.  Like how Trudeau can be forgiven after apologizing, and yet still babble on about "racist ties" in the Conservatives despite apologies also coming from them as well.  This just makes no sense, and is disingenuous.

I hold all the above accountable and as long as sheerer continues to court racists and have senior staff members (hand picked) who dictate policy... well I think that is more offensive than 20 year old brown face.

See, this just isn't true at all.  Why are you saying these things?  You are just embarrassing yourself.

yeah that black face well dried up too fast- I thought it would have been more damaging.

It was incredibly damaging.  The biggest thing that it accomplished was it took away all of this nonsense about how the Conservatives "have ties to racism" (totally false) as now, we have seen what a giant racist Trudeau is.  So let's forgive everyone for past indiscretions, and move forward, and talk about actual issues.  Which of course favors the Conservatives, as the Liberals have served up a terrible record.

I guess people think racist policy makers trump 20 year old brownface.

They could think this, but they'd be thinking something incredibly false (racist policy makers?  Really?  You want to go with something that silly?) instead of just acknowledging the truth, which is everyone makes mistakes, and everyone deserves to have their apologies heard and believed.  Everyone.

16 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

See, this just isn't true at all.  Why are you saying these things?  You are just embarrassing yourself.

These people have been rehashed earlier in the thread- here you go:

On 2019-08-16 at 10:54 AM, Wideleft said:

Did Hamish Marshall co-found Rebel Media or not?  He did.  And Scheer doesn't want to talk about it.  https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/scheer-walks-out-on-media-when-asked-about-campaign-managers-rebel-ties/article36610946/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

Is Georganne Burke an outreach director for Scheer and did she form an anti-muslim group for Scheer?  Yes and yes.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/qvzznq/conservative-party-leadership-advisor-helped-create-anti-islam-organization

Is Stephen Taylor Scheer's Digital Director and is he involved in a racist discussion group.  Yup and it sure looks like it.

https://www.bashirmohamed.com/blog/taylor

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

These people have been rehashed earlier in the thread- here you go:

so what?  If these people apologized, then they are on par (or much less guilty) than Blackface Justin Trudeau on the spectrum of committing horrific racist acts.  Would you extend them the same courtesy of forgiveness if they showed contrition?  If not why not?  Pure partisanship?  Hamish is not a racist, and smearing him like this is just so beyond the pale that it really is sad.  Just embarrassingly so.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

so what?  If these people apologized, then they are on par (or much less guilty) than Blackface Justin Trudeau on the spectrum of committing horrific racist acts.  Would you extend them the same courtesy of forgiveness if they showed contrition?  If not why not?  Pure partisanship?  Hamish is not a racist, and smearing him like this is just so beyond the pale that it really is sad.  Just embarrassingly so.

WHat coutesy of forgiveness? I didn't forgive trudeau for anything, why are you continuously saying this?

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

WHat coutesy of forgiveness? I didn't forgive trudeau for anything, why are you continuously saying this?

a lot of the Left have forgiven him, completely.  This double-standard must end.  All should be forgiven, when they apologize.  Do you not agree with this?

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

a lot of the Left have forgiven him, completely.  This double-standard must end.  All should be forgiven, when they apologize.  Do you not agree with this?

No, I do not agree at all.. all should be forgiven? Not at all. It should be on a case by case basis and include the steps the offender did to make it better. 

Shoot- looks like trudeau is not the only one lying and misrepresenting himself. 

Lets go Jagmeet!

Technically, you can work as a 'broker' without a licence under the supervision of someone who does have one. But does it really matter? He was a nobody and is just trying to sound like a little bit less of a nobody.

I don't know who I'm voting for, but I'm specifically not voting for Scheer because of his stupid boutique tax credit promises. Talk about real tax system reform and you'll get my attention.

Just now, nate007 said:

I don't know who I'm voting for, but I'm specifically not voting for Scheer because of his stupid boutique tax credit promises. Talk about real tax system reform and you'll get my attention.

Agreed. I totally benifitted from a lot of those boutique tax credits- but we need real tax reform- cut personal taxes and increase sales taxes.

6 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

But I am not,I was actually talking about scheerer, but you knew that- yet had to chime in with your faux assumptions. Not sure why that is necessary.

I think a less partisian government is a good thing. I also find it insulting that you would characterize me as a gullible mush head. You can stop with the thinly veiled personal attacks- it's insulting and does nothing to further the discourse. 

So how are you going to reverse the past 152 years of Canadian politics which have always been partisan?

Just watched Nik Nanos on CTV this morning.  Millennials are leaving the Liberals in droves and moving to the Greens.  Support from 30 and unders in Canada dropped 10% in the past week for the Liberals, and Justin Trudeau is losing his "preferred leader" status to Scheer (about time!!!).  They are calling this the "Greta effect", as she called out Trudeau on his environmental record.  

I specifically am not voting Liberal for many reasons, including them now acknowledging that their deficit spending is going to be out of control.  At least they are finally admitting it.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/elections/violent-clashes-break-out-at-maxime-bernier-event-in-hamilton/ar-AAI2AJp?ocid=spartandhp

A large crowd of about 100 protesters decrying the event stood outside with signs advocating for immigrant rights and yelling chants denouncing those entering, comparing them to Nazis and neo-Nazis. Supporters of the People's Party — some wearing "Make America Great Again" hats — stood behind police and engaged with some of the protesters verbally for about an hour.

On 2019-09-29 at 2:35 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

True- but I don't know of any other party leader who will stand with and defend them- other than scheer. Nor do I see any other party leader elevating known racist in their party to senior staff.

Trudeau spouts we are a country that is is governed by rule of law yet he was being investigated on 2 separate occasions for obstruction of justice & squashed them. The HOC Justice Committee dominated by Liberals shut down their hearings. How can you say Trudeau is any better than Scheer? 

50 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Trudeau spouts we are a country that is is governed by rule of law yet he was being investigated on 2 separate occasions for obstruction of justice & squashed them. The HOC Justice Committee dominated by Liberals shut down their hearings. How can you say Trudeau is any better than Scheer? 

It's more party platforms than leaders. Green>NDP>LIBS>CONS>                                                                                                                                                     PPC

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

It's more party platforms than leaders. Green>NDP>LIBS>CONS>                                                                                                                                                     PPC

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

PPC shouldn't be a factor after this election. Of course, if they win 3 or 4 seats then who knows?