Canadian Politics

28 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Kinda like how Trudeau is the boogeyman to all the conservative supporters...? It's no different. Well, except for the fact Harper the Boogeyman hides in the closet, not under one's bed.

is that fake news about the day the terrorist attack happened at Parliament?  Are Lib lovers still pushing that nonsense?

13 hours ago, Zontar said:

Trudeau and his apologists grant him the notion of one's  life and views being allowed to grow, change, learn , nuance. They do not and will not grant it to their opponents. Ever.

It's a credibility and asymmetrical standards problem that progressives still can't navigate convincingly.

I have it on good authority that the conservatives just clone their leaders from a strand of Robert Borden's pubic hair. 

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

is that fake news about the day the terrorist attack happened at Parliament?  Are Lib lovers still pushing that nonsense?

Nothing sadder than cries of "fake news" regarding the truth.  

https://news.yahoo.com/canada-pm-hid-closet-during-attack-151453229.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/527146/Canada-PM-Stephen-Harper-cupboard-gunman-stormed-Parliament

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/24/canadian-pm-stephen-harper-ottawa-shooting

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/stephen-harper-exactly-followed-protocol-during-parliament-hill-attack-rcmp-chief (a complimentary article in which he refuses to admit that following protocol meant hiding in a closet).

9 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Aaaand here we go. Hook, line, and blue sinker. Sure doesn't take much to get under your skin, eh? It's a joke, not a ****. Don't take it so hard.

Hilarious when you assume the political stripe of someone you don't know, BTW.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Stupidity and privilege. His apology rings hollow, although I'm sure he's sorry it's come out. 

Singh's response and comments are the most thoughtful I have seen. 

JT's gotten very good at saying I'm sorry without seeming very sorry.

Not sure why his party didn't boot him a long time ago. Oh, I know why, he's surrounded by his "people" who control the party. 

imo, Singh has been the most impressive speaker, although some of his platform ideas haven't been costed and just aren't realistic. If he continues to do well in the debates, I can see him syphoning votes away from the Liberals, fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I went to an early 80's costume party dressed as Gladys Knight, blackface, tiara, sparkly dress and all......I had no choice, my 3 buddies were dressed as "The Pips" and they had the dance moves and the backing vocals down pat, only one of them was actually black and he also wore blackface to match.  We had a blast, so I don't feel bad about it.  So what.  Cutting loose in ones younger days should not discourage future life ambitions, unless maybe you own a crystal ball and can see the future.  It's in the past, "you had to be there at the time", is apropos to events like this.

That knock on your door is the SJW police. 

22 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

So you support McCarthyism?  Democratic society means people can vote for whoever they want, they have their reasons, you have yours. 

The leaps you take. 

So then you are totally ok with anyone voting whatever way they want?  Including for a Neo-Nazi party?  Just curious.  They have their reasons, you have yours.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Seriously man (and this is the last I will say on this) - anyone supporting communism in 2019 really needs to sit down and take a long hard look at the wrong turns they made in their life.  No communist regime "advocates genocide", they just engage it anyway.  To say that some printing on a website is justification to suddenly think communism "good", is so beyond ridiculous it's off the planet insane.  As I said, this is the last I will speak on this.  Be wary of anyone who even remotely supports any communist ideals, as they should be kept as far away from the corridors of power as possible.

Communism is neither good nor evil, it is just a system of government, and like any other system it's the people in charge who do good or evil things. Communism as an idea is actually pretty noble and I would say a good idea... the problem is that in practise human greed takes over and ruins everything.

17 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

The "fake news" was that this was something to be ashamed of. The PM has to follow security protocols.  What else was he supposed to do?  It's just so ridiculous to even make this a "thing", and shameful as well.  What was everyone expecting Harper do, pick up an AR-15 and start blasting?  Also - where was Blackface McGee during the same time?  Was he even in Parliament that day?  Or practicing his bhangra dancing?

Just now, 17to85 said:

Communism is neither good nor evil, it is just a system of government, and like any other system it's the people in charge who do good or evil things. Communism as an idea is actually pretty noble and I would say a good idea... the problem is that in practise human greed takes over and ruins everything.

Except there has never been an example of a good communist system in all of human history. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Some people want ultimate power and control. Some will use any system they can manipulate in order to get that power and control.

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The leaps you take. 

So then you are totally ok with anyone voting whatever way they want?  Including for a Neo-Nazi party?  Just curious.  They have their reasons, you have yours.

Sure, it's their vote, what right do I have to tell people who to vote for?  Maybe stop looking at the world as if you have the only perspective that is valid.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Seven million Ukrainians who Stalin starved to death in the 1920's would take issue with your second sentence about Communism being noble & a good idea if they could.  My uncle lost his family & for the rest of his life he  hated the Russians. Couldn't even mention the word Russian around him.

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The leaps you take. 

The PPC is running over 300 candidates, so I guess it's ok.

Just now, Wideleft said:

The PPC is running over 300 candidates, so I guess it's ok.

Just stop it. He's pandering to Quebec, just like JT is by supporting their religious symbols ban, which is openly a violation of people's human rights. JT is just as guilty as Mad Max when it comes to serving their own interests. Both are scum whores. 

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Seven million Ukrainians who Stalin starved to death in the 1920's would take issue with your second sentence about Communism being noble & a good idea if they could.  My uncle lost his family & for the rest of his life he  hated the Russians. Couldn't even mention the word Russian around him.

Stalin is hardly representative of the ideals of communism. More dictator than communist if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Just stop it. He's pandering to Quebec, just like JT is by supporting their religious symbols ban, which is openly a violation of people's human rights. JT is just as guilty as Mad Max when it comes to serving their own interests. Both are scum whores. 

Do you like anyone or will you just spoil your ballot in every future election?