Canadian Politics

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The lies you tell!

Here's the Communist Party of Canada's official 2015 election platform.  http://communist-party.ca/platform/

Please point to the section advocating genocide.

Here's their policy on hate speech:

Fight Racism, Sexism and Homophobia

• Oppose all forms of racism and discrimination.
  • Strengthen and enforce affirmative action and employment equity programs for Aboriginal peoples, racialized communities and persons with disabilities.
  • Ban all discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity and expression.
  • Guarantee the rights of Aboriginal peoples and people with disabilities for equal access to social, medical and educational facilities and services.
  • Strengthen laws and enforcement against hate crimes and neo-fascist groups, and prosecute war criminals living in Canada.

Where am I lying?

10 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Here's the Communist Party of Canada's official 2015 election platform.  http://communist-party.ca/platform/

Please point to the section advocating genocide.

Here's their policy on hate speech:

Fight Racism, Sexism and Homophobia

• Oppose all forms of racism and discrimination.
  • Strengthen and enforce affirmative action and employment equity programs for Aboriginal peoples, racialized communities and persons with disabilities.
  • Ban all discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity and expression.
  • Guarantee the rights of Aboriginal peoples and people with disabilities for equal access to social, medical and educational facilities and services.
  • Strengthen laws and enforcement against hate crimes and neo-fascist groups, and prosecute war criminals living in Canada.

Where am I lying?

15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The lies you tell!

Seriously man- Just own up to the fact what you are saying about the communist party of canada is not advocating genocide- you are are being ridiculous.

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

I consider this episode of blackface to be more stupid than racist. It's still racist, but imo it's more an indictment of his intelligence than proof he's a racist person.

Stupidity and privilege. His apology rings hollow, although I'm sure he's sorry it's come out. 

Singh's response and comments are the most thoughtful I have seen. 

JT's gotten very good at saying I'm sorry without seeming very sorry.

Not sure why his party didn't boot him a long time ago. Oh, I know why, he's surrounded by his "people" who control the party. 

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

I consider this episode of blackface to be more stupid than racist. It's still racist, but imo it's more an indictment of his intelligence than proof he's a racist person.

I went to an early 80's costume party dressed as Gladys Knight, blackface, tiara, sparkly dress and all......I had no choice, my 3 buddies were dressed as "The Pips" and they had the dance moves and the backing vocals down pat, only one of them was actually black and he also wore blackface to match.  We had a blast, so I don't feel bad about it.  So what.  Cutting loose in ones younger days should not discourage future life ambitions, unless maybe you own a crystal ball and can see the future.  It's in the past, "you had to be there at the time", is apropos to events like this.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

It's not a double-standard when past bad behaviour lines up directly with policy platforms.  See Jason Kenny.  Also see the collection of nutbags running for the Conservatives as well as Scheer's campaign team.  One of the founders of the Rebel is literally his campaign manager, for chrissake.

So if it was Sheer in the three videos, nobody would be calling for his head? If it was Sheer who groped a reporter nobody would make a stink? If Sheer had done the same thing on SNC Lavelin, people would excuse him like they excuse JT? If Sheer had accepted a trip from a registered lobbyist, there would be no outcry? Twist yourself into a pretzel to justify your double standard but expect people to call you on your bullshit.

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So if it was Sheer in the three videos, nobody would be calling for his head? If it was Sheer who groped a reporter nobody would make a stink? If Sheer had done the same thing on SNC Lavelin, people would excuse him like they excuse JT? If Sheer had accepted a trip from a registered lobbyist, there would be no outcry? Twist yourself into a pretzel to justify your double standard but expect people to call you on your bullshit.

Many people seem to be calling for Trudeau's head so I don't see your point, it's a free society, people are free to express their opinions even if they don't match your own.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Everyone is calling out JT on all those things, so what's your point? Those have literally been at the top of the news cycle for the past year. 

Critics of the cabinet makeup (ratio) started on day one, so it was implicit that they weren't qualified because of "who they were".

And it turns out, they were all right!  And I think it was implicit, and well founded to question.  All cabinet posts.

Your question is irrelevant.  Trudeau took in more Syrians than Harper would commit to (while reminding everyone they were "security threats").

Are you sure on that?

She wasn't demoted simply because she was native which is a silly theory I am seeing from right wing bots.

Nice deflection.  Please tell us all WHY she was demoted.  I asked you last post and you respond with this nonsense.  Now tell us.

You can't compare a candidate in an unwinnable constituency with someone who was appointed to AG.

Why is it "unwinnable"?  Perhaps if more people like you went out and volunteered, this person would have a chance.

While we're at it, please supply a list of First Nation politicians who attained cabinet positions with the Conservatives (good luck with that).

all I can do is supply you a list of First Nation politicians that have been screwed over by the Liberals.  For not wanting to lie to protect a bunch of their rich corrupt buddies in Quebec.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Seriously man- Just own up to the fact what you are saying about the communist party of canada is not advocating genocide- you are are being ridiculous.

Seriously man (and this is the last I will say on this) - anyone supporting communism in 2019 really needs to sit down and take a long hard look at the wrong turns they made in their life.  No communist regime "advocates genocide", they just engage it anyway.  To say that some printing on a website is justification to suddenly think communism "good", is so beyond ridiculous it's off the planet insane.  As I said, this is the last I will speak on this.  Be wary of anyone who even remotely supports any communist ideals, as they should be kept as far away from the corridors of power as possible.

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

all I can do is supply you a list of First Nation politicians that have been screwed over by the Liberals.  For not wanting to lie to protect a bunch of their rich corrupt buddies in Quebec.

And that list would still be longer than a list of Conservative First Nations cabinet ministers.

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Seriously man (and this is the last I will say on this) - anyone supporting communism in 2019 really needs to sit down and take a long hard look at the wrong turns they made in their life.  No communist regime "advocates genocide", they just engage it anyway.  To say that some printing on a website is justification to suddenly think communism "good", is so beyond ridiculous it's off the planet insane.  As I said, this is the last I will speak on this.  Be wary of anyone who even remotely supports any communist ideals, as they should be kept as far away from the corridors of power as possible.

By your logic, I could say the same thing about the Catholic Church.  

38 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I would call for his head and I also think the Liberals can do a lot better than Trudeau as their leader - I wanted Joyce Murray to win.  And yes, Scheer and Harper would have done the exact same thing with SNC Lavalin.  The difference is that Harper would not allow someone who can think for themselves to be his AG and we never would have known about it.  I don't excuse the Aga Khan trip nor do I think that lobbyists perform any useful function in today's connected world.

Just now, AB BomberFan said:

Harper isn't running, something liberal supporters and even their party doesn't seem to understand. He's still the boogeyman to them, lol.

Kinda like how Trudeau is the boogeyman to all the conservative supporters...? It's no different. Well, except for the fact Harper the Boogeyman hides in the closet, not under one's bed.

Quite different to be honest. Conservatives and the CPC isn't running an election talking about the days of chretien or Martin, that's something only the liberals do. They cant run on accomplishments so instead try to fear monger, the same thing they accuse conservatives of. I'm not a very political person but our PM has honestly become Zoolander, so embarrassing. 

35 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

So you support McCarthyism?  Democratic society means people can vote for whoever they want, they have their reasons, you have yours. 

PET must be rolling over in his grave, there is no way this buffoon came from his loins. 

Why is he still in power, because he's the perfect patsy for his handlers, too stupid to question them on anything. He's just a drunk frat boy posing as a PM.

You should all be very proud of yourselves for supporting him and continuing to do so. 

18 minutes ago, AB BomberFan said:

Harper isn't running, something liberal supporters and even their party doesn't seem to understand. He's still the boogeyman to them, lol.

Harper isn't running, but scheer is Harper with a smile- he is a graduate from harper's school of politics. How different is his platform from Harpers?