Canadian Politics

20 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Any evidence presented by Leadnow has to be treated with as much skepticism as you would with any evidence presented by Rebel. 

Don't need either of them anyway on the issue of "racism". CPC hasn't planned or will ever plan one iota of change to immigration  or multiculturalism . They are exactly the same.

So you didn't read the links I provided that substantiate what Leadnow was saying.  Maybe you won't be so skeptical if you read them.

Your second point has already been refuted by mention of the Barbaric Cultural Practises hotline.

35 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Did Hamish Marshall co-found Rebel Media or not?  He did.  And Scheer doesn't want to talk about it.  https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/scheer-walks-out-on-media-when-asked-about-campaign-managers-rebel-ties/article36610946/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

Is Georganne Burke an outreach director for Scheer and did she form an anti-muslim group for Scheer?  Yes and yes.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/qvzznq/conservative-party-leadership-advisor-helped-create-anti-islam-organization

Is Stephen Taylor Scheer's Digital Director and is he involved in a racist discussion group.  Yup and it sure looks like it.

https://www.bashirmohamed.com/blog/taylor

It's strange that you choose to attempt to demean Leadnow instead of condemning the documented racism of the people mentioned.  It's pure bull to suggest that Harper's immigrant snitch line is in the same strata of public policy than that of the Liberals.  

Those links don't even come close to what you're alleging, you are on very thin ice here, I'd be very careful what you say next libel is a serious offense. 

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

So you didn't read the links I provided that substantiate what Leadnow was saying.  Maybe you won't be so skeptical if you read them.

Your second point has already been refuted by mention of the Barbaric Cultural Practises hotline.

1.Because any hysterical misrepresentation and over statement by a hyper partisan source disguised as "progress" is of dubious value especially since the supposed evidence has had zero influence on CPC platform.

2. If you want to defend the slicing off of a girls genitals as progress and vibrant diversity that is equally as scary as anything Leadnow can smear Scheer with.

34 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

The "I'm not a racist because I don't think I'm a racist, even though I vote for people who say and do racist things and hire racists"  argument is getting weaker every day.

You must have an extremely low opinion of Canadians if you think they will ever vote in a racist prime minister, I feel sorry for you. 

36 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Hey, I see racism and I am happy to call it out, especially if it involves people that can potentially run our country. 

driving a wedge... nice try.  I think I would be more effective if I used my power to form a 1-800 hotline to rat out any people involved in customs that I know nothing about and sow discord that way- maybe call it the "barbaric cultural practices" hotline... Oh wait...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/02/canada-conservatives-barbaric-cultural-practices-hotline

Something from 4 years ago is the best you find, why not direct your rage at Quebec then? 

24 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

How can you trust a man who wears this?

You really have to question his decision making process! A vote for the conservatives is a vote for the Riders!

Scheer trying to throw a football. Youd need a heart of stone not to laugh.

Doughy, flabby, ineffective. ...sometimes you can judge a book by its cover.

3 minutes ago, Zontar said:

1.Because any hysterical misrepresentation and over statement by a hyper partisan source disguised as "progress" is of dubious value especially since the supposed evidence has had zero influence on CPC platform.

2. If you want to defend the slicing off of a girls genitals as progress and vibrant diversity that is equally as scary as anything Leadnow can smear Scheer with.

1.  It's not hysterical if it is factually stated.

2.  I would never defend that, but I'm not naive to think this wasn't solely designed to make immigrants feel marginalized.  Some people don't need a politician to wear a white hood in order to figure out that they're a racist.  

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

2.  I would never defend that, but I'm not naive to think this wasn't solely designed to make immigrants feel marginalized.  Some people don't need a politician to wear a white hood in order to figure out that they're a racist.  

You can tell sometimes by what they say or post. 

Just now, Wideleft said:

If one's cultural practice violates both legal and social norms  and basic human decency then they should feel fortunate that feeling "marginalized" is the worst possible outcome.

2 minutes ago, Zontar said:

If one's cultural practice violates both legal and social norms  and basic human decency then they should feel fortunate that feeling "marginalized" is the worst possible outcome.

If one is doing something that is illegal, there are laws for that.  We don't need to call a group of people Barbarians in order to try and get more votes.  That may be the not so subtle racist angle that people somehow miss.

6 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

If one is doing something that is illegal, there are laws for that.  We don't need to call a group of people Barbarians in order to try and get more votes.  That may be the not so subtle racist angle that people somehow miss.

But it is barbaric.

Call it out, shame it, shine a light in the darkness with the same energy, vigor and determination as you do with racism.

Maybe then more people will buy progressiveism as a legitimate choice and not just repackaged marxism.

Edited by Zontar

26 minutes ago, Zontar said:

But it is barbaric.

Call it out, shame it, shine a light in the darkness with the same energy, vigor and determination as you do with racism.

Maybe then more people will buy progressiveism as a legitimate choice and not just repackaged marxism.

I can condemn female genital mutilation (and the male equivalent for that matter) and call out racism without referring to a group of people as barbarians.

Not sure I'm following your second point, but does that mean defending Scheer's racist advisors simply indicates support for capitalism or neo-liberalism?

27 minutes ago, Zontar said:

But it is barbaric.

It is truly amazing just how stupid people are...….how do you expect to pay for social programs and debt servicing while you systematically try to dismantle the very system that funds them? It's taken us 5000 years of trial and error to get to where we are and it's still not good enough for some people. 

Use whatever adjective you like. Just so long as the act is condemned for what it is.

Avoiding an issue to maintain the ideological brand is bad enough but not condemning it at all out of fear for offending someone is moral cowardice.

Neither of which adds up to  "progress" .

5 minutes ago, pigseye said:

It is truly amazing just how stupid people are...….how do you expect to pay for social programs and debt servicing while you systematically try to dismantle the very system that funds them? It's taken us 5000 years of trial and error to get to where we are and it's still not good enough for some people. 

Pay no attention to those revolutions, death camps, gulags, famines, forced collectivization, wasteful , infficient nationalization of industry,  unemployment, breadlines, deliberate formenting of social unrest behind the curtain.

11 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Use whatever adjective you like. Just so long as the act is condemned for what it is.

Avoiding an issue to maintain the ideological brand is bad enough but not condemning it at all out of fear for offending someone is moral cowardice.

Neither of which adds up to  "progress" .

Fine, but as I look for your past condemnations of the Pittsburgh synagogue or El Paso Wal-Mart shootings, I'm coming up empty. 

I can't figure out why that might be.

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

They're not sending their best.  They're racists, they're selfish, they're idealogues and some, I assume are fine people.

Maybe they're all fine people and you're just one of these?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/communication-success/201711/24-signs-highly-sensitive-person

Edited by pigseye
P

40 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Since we're referencing Psychology Today:

Can brain differences explain conservatives' fear-driven political stances?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201612/fear-and-anxiety-drive-conservatives-political-attitudes