Canadian Politics

46 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

as much as I feel the same way about the BC NDP and the Dogwood Initiative and the Prop Rep losers as you do about the Conservatives, I wouldn't be this rude to them.  It doesn't help anybody.

Well sir, you are a bigger person than i am. Good on you. Mark can still **** Kenny in the ear, for all I care.

You should try being surly- it's liberating.

58 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

as much as I feel the same way about the BC NDP and the Dogwood Initiative and the Prop Rep losers as you do about the Conservatives, I wouldn't be this rude to them.  It doesn't help anybody.

You do realize Sue was not an actual person, right?  She's some sort of robo-bot probably designed and programmed by the Russians!  

Two interesting articles from Macleans Magazine, combining oil and politics.

Actually, foreign funding flows to both sides of Alberta’s oil sands battle.

Fear-mongering about U.S.-backed environmental groups is a symptom of strain on the oil industry. Next will come demands for government support.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/actually-foreign-funding-flows-to-both-sides-of-albertas-oil-sands-battle/

What is Jason Kenney’s ‘energy war room’ good for?

The crack unit tasked with pushing back ‘lies’ about the oil sands is so far trading in shop-worn spin and conspiracy theories

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/what-is-jason-kenneys-energy-war-room-good-for/

21 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Two interesting articles from Macleans Magazine, combining oil and politics.

Actually, foreign funding flows to both sides of Alberta’s oil sands battle.

Fear-mongering about U.S.-backed environmental groups is a symptom of strain on the oil industry. Next will come demands for government support.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/actually-foreign-funding-flows-to-both-sides-of-albertas-oil-sands-battle/

What is Jason Kenney’s ‘energy war room’ good for?

The crack unit tasked with pushing back ‘lies’ about the oil sands is so far trading in shop-worn spin and conspiracy theories

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/what-is-jason-kenneys-energy-war-room-good-for/

$30 million well spent- the oil and gas industry needs more tax payer hand outs for propaganda. 

Poor MPs. Winnipeg MP, Kevin Lamoureux  complaining that MPs work too hard. What a joke, Idiot makes $178,000 a year, has been an MP for 9 years so will receive a hefty pension. Prior to this was an MLA for 18 years (another pension). You make more than almost all Canadians, you have the best benefits around and honestly you don't work that many days. Guys like this need to Shut The **** Up.

40 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Poor MPs. Winnipeg MP, Kevin Lamoureux  complaining that MPs work too hard. What a joke, Idiot makes $178,000 a year, has been an MP for 9 years so will receive a hefty pension. Prior to this was an MLA for 18 years (another pension). You make more than almost all Canadians, you have the best benefits around and honestly you don't work that many days. Guys like this need to Shut The **** Up.

I do agree with him. There's no reason for MP's to do this.

It's not just him, Tony Clement wants it to end too.

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎03 at 10:40 PM, 17to85 said:

No they really don't,  but you would be shocked at the number of very smart people I have met who believe Kenney can get the economy booming again.

Yeah, we do know what we're doing. It was time for the Spend Train with Notley as the engineer to be pulled into the station & put out of service. She was never going to win a 2nd term. You know the NDP were never going to get the economy moving again.

22 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

You mean, like the fireman in the commercial where he complains that he has to shave everyday?

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, we do know what we're doing. It was time for the Spend Train with Notley as the engineer to be pulled into the station & put out of service. She was never going to win a 2nd term. You know the NDP were never going to get the economy moving again.

Except they were getting things going in the right direction... I tell you it is worse out there now for me as an oil and gas guy than it was a year ago... thanks Kenney! Trickle down economics and crony capitalism ain't gonna fix ****.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Except they were getting things going in the right direction... I tell you it is worse out there now for me as an oil and gas guy than it was a year ago... thanks Kenney! Trickle down economics and crony capitalism ain't gonna fix ****.

Well Kenney has only been Premier for 3 months so I doubt the economic situation is all his fault.