Canadian Politics

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Liberals shut down justice committee today.  Just disgusting.  We are heading down the Venezuela path here.  We are not a democracy right now.

This is absolutely shameful. Progressives used to say don't vote for Harper as he has an "agenda". What agenda does Trudeau & the Fiberals have to cover this up? 

35 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is absolutely shameful. Progressives used to say don't vote for Harper as he has an "agenda". What agenda does Trudeau & the Fiberals have to cover this up? 

This is getting absurd.

What I don't understand is why so many Liberal MPs are publicly standing behind the leader now? Not everyone can be so freakin' blind, right? It's time to cut him loose and replace him. He's not that popular anymore. 

21 minutes ago, JCon said:

This is getting absurd.

What I don't understand is why so many Liberal MPs are publicly standing behind the leader now? Not everyone can be so freakin' blind, right? It's time to cut him loose and replace him. He's not that popular anymore. 

This has the overpowering stench of cover-up all over it. Where's the transparency this gov't claimed it would have? Where's the accountability to the public? Utterly disgraceful.

39 minutes ago, JCon said:

This is getting absurd.

And hasn't been for a while... well before this obstruction stuff came up.

I was just in Mexico for a couple weeks and it was interesting trying to explain to Americans why we both have useless leaders that need to go.

38 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

And hasn't been for a while... well before this obstruction stuff came up.

I was just in Mexico for a couple weeks and it was interesting trying to explain to Americans why we both have useless leaders that need to go.

I was in Costa Rica in January on a tour with an American guy and a guy from Germany.  Me and the German guy got into a rousing conversation about how useless our current elected leaders were.  He really couldn't stand Merkel.  After slagging our respective heads of state, we looked at the American dude (from New Hampshire apparently) expectantly to see if he would join in the slagging, and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "what are you looking at me for?"

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The last three minutes is just amazing.  Jaw-dropping in fact.  Right out of a movie.  Just needed Pacino to say "I'm going to take a flame-thrower to this place!!!"

Edited by kelownabomberfan

17 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was in Costa Rica in January on a tour with an American guy and a guy from Germany.  Me and the German guy got into a rousing conversation about how useless our current elected leaders were.  He really couldn't stand Merkel.  After slagging our respective heads of state, we looked at the American dude (from New Hampshire apparently) expectantly to see if he would join in the slagging, and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "what are you looking at me for?"

We didn't meet a single trump supporter while we were down there (not surprising since we were on the "fun side of the wall").  None of the Americans we met had any idea how clueless Trudeau is though.  They thought it was all sunny days I guess.  

55 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Americans pay zero attention to Canada.  They wouldn't know how clueless Trudeau is because they wouldn't even know he exists.

They knew who he was but absolutely nothing about him other than his looks and he seemed to be the complete opposite of Trump.

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Americans pay zero attention to Canada.  They wouldn't know how clueless Trudeau is because they wouldn't even know he exists.

When the wife and I were on our honey moon a couple years ago all the americans were fawning over Trudeau compared to Trump, we were trying very hard to be diplomatic in saying Trudeau wasn't some saviour that everyone thought he was, but I guess when compared to Trump anyone looks good. 

I think the Liberals probably feel if they blow this thing up, they have 100% lost but if they try to cover it up and sweep it away, when they are inevitably attacked on it during the election they can claim there was no wrong-doing exposed.  And cling to the idea that JT can charm his way to another win.  The Cons better be friggen ready to embrace moderate voters.

When I was in Mexico last year I did meet one Trump supporter but he was quite negative on Fox News saying that the worst aspects of the right wing movement basically take over and it overwhelms any good work Trump might be doing.  

I find more and more Canadians are seeing JT as an empty suit.  Not so much that they hate him or think he's a bad person...just that he's totally devoid of anything beyond his pretty face.

The Liberals won last time on the strength of the dislike for Harper, they can't rely on that anymore and Trudeau has been exposed for what he is and can't rely on that anymore. They gotta do something or we're going to have prime minister weenie in Scheer. Covering up **** never helps, it only makes it worse. Shoulda apologized, canned Trudeau and moved on, but nope, not our Liberal party. Still entitled to their entitlements. 

51 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The Liberals won last time on the strength of the dislike for Harper, they can't rely on that anymore and Trudeau has been exposed for what he is and can't rely on that anymore. They gotta do something or we're going to have prime minister weenie in Scheer. Covering up **** never helps, it only makes it worse. Shoulda apologized, canned Trudeau and moved on, but nope, not our Liberal party. Still entitled to their entitlements. 

They will never turn on Trudeau.  If his name was Justin Yablonsky, yeah for sure, but he's Liberal royalty so no.  If his name was Justin Yablonsky though, he'd never have been given the free pass he's been given in life.  He'd be night janitor at a Walmart in Drummondville.

“With the recent influx of asylum seekers to Canada, the Safe Third Country Agreement is no longer working as intended,” the memo prepared for Hussen states.

“Asylum seekers are evading the Canada-United States Safe Third Country Agreement by crossing into Canada between ports of entry where the agreement does not apply. This has brought to our attention gaps that may be creating a pull factor for people to cross illegally into Canada.”

The release of the memo comes as spring nears across much of Canada, raising questions about whether there will be an increase in the number of irregular migrants crossing the border following data last year that appeared to suggest an increase between winter to spring.

Data from immigration officials show that in 2018, irregular crossings in January and February stood at 1,517 and 1,565 respectively.

Those increased in March, April and May to 1,970, 2,560 and 1,869.

However, data available so far in 2019 show only 888 irregular migrants were intercepted by RCMP in January, so it is not possible to predict whether warming weather this year will also see an increase in the number of claimants walking across the border.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5055035/safe-third-country-agreement-irregular-migration-canada/

Canadians watching Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election might be tempted to find comfort in their certainty that such foreign interference could never happen here 

Except it already has. And while the Russian government at least denies interfering in American political affairs, the perpetrators who meddled in Canadian elections have publicly trumpeted their success in devising and executing their plan aimed at helping elect who they wanted.

This story has all the elements of a fiction novel. Unfortunately it’s real. Piece by meticulously researched piece, B.C.-based independent researcher Vivian Krause spent almost 10 years exposing the story. Every detail has been corroborated, including with American and Canadian tax records, together with documents and statements from the perpetrators themselves.

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/gwyn-morgan-talk-about-collusion-how-foreign-backed-anti-oil-activists-infiltrated-canadas-government