Canadian Politics

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎15 at 12:30 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Reputation be damned. It's all worth it, right?  We all know every victim was an actual victim. No one has lied.  It's all about the truth. Not a jilted lover or someone they wanted to seek revenge upon or extortion.  Accusers need to go to the police & let them lay charges before accusing someone in the media of sexual misconduct. I hope CTV & the reporter are sued for multi millions & the reporter loses his/her job destroying their career.  Was the woman paid to do it? Promise to be paid? To me, this was a political set up to disrupt the provincial election to make sure Patrick Brown would never be Premier & the Liberals get back in. 

I think there is something to be said for that theory.  It's the same when 'controversies' leak around Superbowl time for the Patriots.  Timing matters.......and so does lying about what age you were, and that something happened at a house you didn't live in yet.

I realize this is the Beaverton, but it's hard to laugh when what this is based on is so ridiculous...

Indian PM promises to dress up like a Mountie, bring a convicted FLQ terrorist the next time he visits Canada

DELHI – Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi plans on reciprocating Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s efforts at embracing culture by dressing up as a Mountie and inviting a convicted terrorist the next time he visits Canada.

“I look forward to dressing myself and my family in large Stetson hats, a scarlet uniform, and yelling ‘yeehaw!’” said Modi at a press conference with Trudeau. “I will smile and pose for the cameras, and ride a horse through Parliament as per the Canadian tradition.”

Modi explained that he intends on donning plaid and a toque pretending he was a lumberjack cutting down a mighty redwood in a pristine Canadian forest.

“And, of course, I will dress up as a hockey player even though I plan on visiting in the middle of the summer,” added Modi. “That’s strange, eh?”

At that time, the press conference was temporarily interrupted when Trudeau attempted to demonstrate his bhangra, which only ended when members of the Indian media asked him to stop.

When questions resumed, Modi was asked if he will bring friend-of-a-friend and convicted FLQ collaborator Jacques Rose to his Indian delegation when he visits Canada.

“Absolutely. I heard from one of my cabinet ministers that Jacques has some real insight into Canada and some strong opinions about the direction of the country.”

According to sources, India will host a 3-day festival celebrating Trudeau’s departure the moment the Canadian leader’s plane leaves Indian airspace.

31 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Good thing that Just in came home.  One more week of his shenanigans and we'd be at war with India.

Can the Cons be effective enough to make anything stick?  Dont we need an election by fall 2019?  They have an awful budget, forecasted to not get any better next year, this clown show with JT...I get why Canadians fell for him, especially compared to Harper even though Harper was by far the better choice, but people tire of their leaders after X amount of time, no matter what.  We could all be living in mansions and vacationing on gold boats and people would say "I think its time for a change" eventually.

But man, JT is all smoke and mirrors.  He's cosplaying being PM, just like he cosplayed being an Indian on a family vacation we paid for.  What arrogance for a guy who was found to have violated the law with his last big vacation...only to essentially do the same damn thing!  He's got to go.

Will Canadians actually see through his act at election time?

On 2/26/2018 at 12:28 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

A disaster of a trip but progressives will still say a success. As will the left wing media down east. 

Serious question; have you seen any articles that called this trip a success? Anything I've seen has called the trip a disaster.

Trudeau made me think of Michael in Arrested Development when he posed for pictures using the namaste hand gesture.