Canadian Politics

13 hours ago, Atomic said:

Right and the court of public opinion just cost this man his political career.

Reputation be damned. It's all worth it, right?  We all know every victim was an actual victim. No one has lied.  It's all about the truth. Not a jilted lover or someone they wanted to seek revenge upon or extortion.  Accusers need to go to the police & let them lay charges before accusing someone in the media of sexual misconduct. I hope CTV & the reporter are sued for multi millions & the reporter loses his/her job destroying their career.  Was the woman paid to do it? Promise to be paid? To me, this was a political set up to disrupt the provincial election to make sure Patrick Brown would never be Premier & the Liberals get back in. 

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

Ill be honest... Im not sure what sexual assault or harassment is any more

Ive seen this a few times.  Sometimes in the "as a man I cant even flit with a girl anymore".  The easy answer is, if you dont know, you're doing something wrong.  There are virtually no examples during this metoo movement of victims coming forward with tales of "he asked me out for a nice dinner" or "he said my hair looked good".  Lets not confuse the issue.  This is about harassment and abuse.  We all know what that is.

14 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Welcome to the slimy world of partisan politics.

Yes.  very different from the Metoo movement and the vast majority of victims who have come forward.

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Reputation be damned. It's all worth it, right?  We all know every victim was an actual victim. No one has lied.  It's all about the truth. Not a jilted lover or someone they wanted to seek revenge upon or extortion.  Accusers need to go to the police & let them lay charges before accusing someone in the media of sexual misconduct. I hope CTV & the reporter are sued for multi millions & the reporter loses his/her job destroying their career.  Was the woman paid to do it? Promise to be paid? To me, this was a political set up to disrupt the provincial election to make sure Patrick Brown would never be Premier & the Liberals get back in. 

Many incidents have a statute of limitations that have run out.  Let's not buy into the nonsense that if someone was really a victim they'd have gone to the police already or that its such a wonderful experience to come forward.  Women that come forward are treated awfully.

The major take away (and the reason I even posted the link knowing the replies that would follow), is this is the exception.  Taking one instance out of countless legitimate ones and trying to de-legitimize them all is akin to doing away with the justice system because some innocent people are convicted.  Some people spend a lot of energy on the false allegation rather then the overwhelmingly MORE legitimate ones.

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ive seen this a few times.  Sometimes in the "as a man I cant even flit with a girl anymore".  The easy answer is, if you dont know, you're doing something wrong.  There are virtually no examples during this metoo movement of victims coming forward with tales of "he asked me out for a nice dinner" or "he said my hair looked good".  Lets not confuse the issue.  This is about harassment and abuse.  We all know what that is.

Yes.  very different from the Metoo movement and the vast majority of victims who have come forward.

Many incidents have a statute of limitations that have run out.  Let's not buy into the nonsense that if someone was really a victim they'd have gone to the police already or that its such a wonderful experience to come forward.  Women that come forward are treated awfully.

The major take away (and the reason I even posted the link knowing the replies that would follow), is this is the exception.  Taking one instance out of countless legitimate ones and trying to de-legitimize them all is akin to doing away with the justice system because some innocent people are convicted.  Some people spend a lot of energy on the false allegation rather then the overwhelmingly MORE legitimate ones.

All I know is Brown said he will be suing CTV as he should. If networks want to sensationalize & ruin lives to drive ratings then they better have rock solid sources & evidence.  I hope Brown sues & wins millions & the reporter never works in journalism again. 

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

All I know is Brown said he will be suing CTV as he should. If networks want to sensationalize & ruin lives to drive ratings then they better have rock solid sources & evidence.  I hope Brown sues & wins millions & the reporter never works in journalism again. 

Yeah I agree for sure.  There is the potential that this was a crazy  conspiracy.  Which ofcourse, is not remotely the norm in cases like this.

18 minutes ago, iHeart said:

we know that Wab had misbehaved before he entered politics, but has he done anything inappropriate lately since he became Provincial NDP leader?

You can quit or you can deny and move on since you know there won't be charges. That's Wab's case, Roy Moore's case and I'm not disagreeing with that. Flip the coin, take your chances the next election.

On 2/16/2018 at 8:54 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah I agree for sure.  There is the potential that this was a crazy  conspiracy.  Which ofcourse, is not remotely the norm in cases like this.

Just irresponsible journalism, rushing to judgment before all the facts come in, the editor should never have let this see the light of day. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/threat-prime-minister-trudeau-social-media-robert-kerr-alberta-edmonton-1.4543306

Edmonton man charged with uttering threats against PM on social media

This is the second charge of this type in a month in Alberta.

On Jan, 19 a central Alberta man was charged with uttering threats on Twitter against Trudeau and Premier Rachel Notley.

Wholly 1984 batman, big brother is watching you....

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

We carry microphones, cameras and a GPS in our pockets. Some are even purposely wire tapping their own homes. I'm not entirely sure the average person understand just how deep the general public is in the big brother pool.