Guns N' Roses Play IGF Aug 24th

Excellent concert

i actually thought they didn't mic the band properly as the lyrics were often drowned out by the music. But Axl hit all the notes.  Three hours. Really good. 

Now....I've offen defended IGF.  Not tonight.  If there was a medical emergency or fire or some sort of evacuation someone would die. The design of the concourse is egregious. 

Mostly the staff there are horrible.  Terrible awful staff. Arrogant. Incompetent. Miserable. Security especially. Not all. Entry security was great. Friendly and quick. But inside, awful. 

1 minute ago, Mosaic said:

I'm going to GnR in Regina on Sunday, I cannot wait.  Saw some youtube clips from IGF, it looked packed

You will not be disappointed if it's anything like winnipeg. They play long and hard. Great show. Axl hits all the notes. Slash is out of this world. 

Realty really great concert!

Was hoping to see a few concert reviews here... I was in attendance from the first groove of Naveed until the final notes of Paradise City still rung through the stadium and in my opinion, there was never a down moment...

Our Lady Peace - they did a nice 45 minute set... played mostly the hits from the past including Naveed, Starseed, 4am, and Innocent.... they also threw in one new song, which I enjoyed... overall, a nice opener to get the crowd going...

Gun N' Roses - I've always had an emotional attachment to this band... when I was around 12 (keep in mind this was about 10 years after GnR debuted, I was just born when they actually first came out) I mostly listened to pop on the radio or pop/punk bands like blink 182 and Green Day... and then one day a friend introduced me to "Appetite for Destruction"... and it changed my life (musically) from that point on... it was my gateway to other classic rock and metal and Slash is probably the sole reason I still play a Les Paul to this day... so needless to say, I was hoping for a great show...

some questioned is Axl could still hit the notes... that concern was quickly crushed by song 4  - "welcome to the jungle" - and absolutely demolished by 'Live and Let die"... even by the end of the 3:15 set, he was still knocking every note out of the park... the only time he may have been slightly out of tune was the whistling in "Patience"... but I'll give a pass for that...

I wasn't sure how Slash's playing was these days... I last saw him live with Velvet Revolver about 10 years ago and he was still very good then... he was better than I could've imagined... hit the solos with such precision and timing there was never any doubt of his supremacy...  watching his bends during the solo for Patience was a thing of beauty... thoroughly enjoyed all of it...

Duff and the rest of the band were solid all night... I hate to lump Duff in with the other guys but he was exactly as expected... great vocals and made it a proud thumping thursday.... the other guitar player and drummer I was unfamiliar with but I obviously expected they would hire superior musicians to fill those roles, and I was not disappointed... the back-and-forth soloing from Slash and Richard Fortus during their rendition of Pink Floyd's "wish you were here" was one of the highlights for me on this night...  

All in all a great show... my personal opinion it was a perfect 5/5... but I obviously have a serious bias... I have a hard time imagining someone rating it less than 4.5/5....