Bellemare - Karlsson - ????

Emelin - Schmidt
Garrison - Engelland
Sbisa - Miller
Stoner - Reinhart
Merrill

Fleury
Pickard

So yeah, they are going to struggle.  The top six is terrible and their only RHD are Engelland and Miller.  I can only imagine they are going to try and move at least one more defenceman but whether they get any roster players out of that, I have no idea.  More likely they look to fill up their 2018 draft pick cupboard which is surprisingly sparse (most of their acquired picks are in 2019-2020).

I'm interested to see how aggressive they are in free agency.  They need RHD and RW badly.  But how willing are they going to be to get locked in to long term contracts?  You have to think a guy like Vanek would be tempting for them but didn't he have a serious gambling problem?  Lol.  Still lots of work to be done in Vegas.  I know they are planning on tanking, judging by the current state of the roster, but year one in a new market.... they gotta win SOME games at least.  There will be lots of opportunity for young guys like Marchessault, Lindberg, and Haula to show what they can do in bigger roles.

Shipachyov is a big question mark as the number 1 centre.  I have no idea whether he can fill that role.  Cody Eakin might find himself as the #1 centre at some point.  I can't help but be intrigued by what's going on over there.  I'll be following them in free agency as closely as the Jets.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Took a crack at the VGK lineup as it stands today:

Neal - Shipachyov - Perron
Haula - Marchessault - R. Smith
Lindberg - Eakin - Pulkkinen
Bellemare - Karlsson - ????

Emelin - Schmidt
Garrison - Engelland
Sbisa - Miller
Stoner - Reinhart
Merrill

Fleury
Pickard

So yeah, they are going to struggle.  The top six is terrible and their only RHD are Engelland and Miller.  I can only imagine they are going to try and move at least one more defenceman but whether they get any roster players out of that, I have no idea.  More likely they look to fill up their 2018 draft pick cupboard which is surprisingly sparse (most of their acquired picks are in 2019-2020).

I'm interested to see how aggressive they are in free agency.  They need RHD and RW badly.  But how willing are they going to be to get locked in to long term contracts?  You have to think a guy like Vanek would be tempting for them but didn't he have a serious gambling problem?  Lol.  Still lots of work to be done in Vegas.  I know they are planning on tanking, judging by the current state of the roster, but year one in a new market.... they gotta win SOME games at least.  There will be lots of opportunity for young guys like Marchessault, Lindberg, and Haula to show what they can do in bigger roles.

Shipachyov is a big question mark as the number 1 centre.  I have no idea whether he can fill that role.  Cody Eakin might find himself as the #1 centre at some point.  I can't help but be intrigued by what's going on over there.  I'll be following them in free agency as closely as the Jets.

It's hard to believe with that defense they shipped out Methot for so little...y not at least wait for the trading deadline...though this is the same GM who basically gave away Forsberg so i guess it's to be expected. Good luck Knights.

Edited by bb1

The NHL tried to set them up to be competitive but Vegas, I think, used that to try and draft & develop faster.  They're on the five year plan.  They tried to move up to #1, then #2.  Couldnt do it.  But they have lots of picks.  They'll keep their younger players and hope, by adding all these draft picks over the next few years that they are a playoff team, probably in 4 years or so.

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There's a guy locally arranging a charter flight if he gets enough interests. Either way he has talked to Vegas about a box too. Includes food and drink. I told him I was in for the box. 

Let's take over Vegas. 

I'd be curious to know the costs of the box. I've already booked my flights, but I haven't paid for tickets yet.

56 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'd be curious to know the costs of the box. I've already booked my flights, but I haven't paid for tickets yet.

They havent given a final figure because they are priced based on the team but they believe it will be around $300 and change each.  The benefit is, unlimited beer and food.  Versus $100 or so for a regular ticket, buying your own food/booze.  And the box is more comfortable and obviously its pretty cool.

I said I'd pay the $300 easy, for the experience of being in a box with 74 other Jets fans in Vegas.

Im booking Mexico for the winter right away, probably look at Vegas in a month or so.  Waiting for the buddy to confirm he's in for sure.  Still some decent deals, even saw MGM had a reasonable price in a flight package.  With the game being a Friday night, to go for 4 days, you're paying the highest prices.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They havent given a final figure because they are priced based on the team but they believe it will be around $300 and change each.  The benefit is, unlimited beer and food.  Versus $100 or so for a regular ticket, buying your own food/booze.  And the box is more comfortable and obviously its pretty cool.

I said I'd pay the $300 easy, for the experience of being in a box with 74 other Jets fans in Vegas.

Im booking Mexico for the winter right away, probably look at Vegas in a month or so.  Waiting for the buddy to confirm he's in for sure.  Still some decent deals, even saw MGM had a reasonable price in a flight package.  With the game being a Friday night, to go for 4 days, you're paying the highest prices.

I paid $500 to fly out of Fargo Thursday-Monday. Couldn't beat that at the time.

$300 for the ticket is an easy sell in a box. I'd definitely consider that! Would you keep me in mind if you hear about this going forward? I'd have between 3-5 people.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I paid $500 to fly out of Fargo Thursday-Monday. Couldn't beat that at the time.

$300 for the ticket is an easy sell in a box. I'd definitely consider that! Would you keep me in mind if you hear about this going forward? I'd have between 3-5 people.

You bet.  I PM'ed you the gentleman's name as well.

How much interest is there among MBB members?  Could we get 10-20 from here down there in the box?

The guy spearheading has made arrangements with Vegas to make this a possibility and I, independently, have spoken to a VGK sales person as well. 

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You bet.  I PM'ed you the gentleman's name as well.

How much interest is there among MBB members?  Could we get 10-20 from here down there in the box?

The guy spearheading has made arrangements with Vegas to make this a possibility and I, independently, have spoken to a VGK sales person as well. 

I don't know if this year's in the cards for me, but I'd be interested.