The Expansion Draft

Ducky

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I just looked it up, for curiosity sake.

1.63 in 2016/17

1.44 in 2015/16

I was citing TSN's Scott Cullen for that number. Actually he said 1.94/60 over the past 4 seasons, so both of our numbers may be right. But Atomic's point about sample size is fair game. Not trying to personally justify it, just trying to offer a possible rationale. I hope he is the one taken over Enstrom (he is more replaceable than a left shot defenceman).

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

On 1290 yesterday they said if Toby goes to Vegas his nmc is nullified. If he stays in Winnipeg then it stays in place.

They are wrong. It goes where ever he goes. 1290 say lots of stupid things that arent true. A quick check of the rules will show you it follows him. 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They are wrong. It goes where ever he goes. 1290 say lots of stupid things that arent true. A quick check of the rules will show you it follows him. 

I don't think it was "1290" saying it. I think it was a hockey person who called in. 

But there is certainly enough confusion.  Even crazier for Toby to waive if he'd be subject to wherever Vegas wants to send him.  

Lets just... 

If you already have a nmc and u waive to be traded... Nmc follows you. If you are like tyler myers where u have a long contract but the nmc doesnt kick in until a certain age and u are traded b4.. The team getting you has the option to not pick up the nmc. Like the jets did. 

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I don't think it was "1290" saying it. I think it was a hockey person who called in. 

But there is certainly enough confusion.  Even crazier for Toby to waive if he'd be subject to wherever Vegas wants to send him.  

His NMC follows him regardless but it really makes no sense to pick him cuz he could easily say i only want to play in Winnipeg. He also made it clear he doesn't want to go to Vegas. They wont pick him. Cuz no sane person starting a franchise would pick a guy who doesn't want to be there. The media are saying they just might because bottom line they dont follow the jets and in terms of headlines and click bait.. Toby enstrom is more known than Marko Dano.

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It doesn't follow you regardless. The receiving team has to agree to accept it (under normal circumstances). 

Yes it does. He goes to vegas. If vegas wants to trade him they have to ask him to waive it again. He could easily say no. If he was 25 or 26... Vegas could not pick it up but because enstrom is 32... His NMC follows him... Like it did with Phaneuf actually when he was traded to Ottawa from Toronto. 

Edited by Goalie

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yes it does. He goes to vegas. If vegas wants to trade him they have to ask him to waive it again. He could easily say no. If he was 25 or 26... Vegas could not pick it up but because enstrom is 32... His NMC follows him... Like it did with Phaneuf actually when he was traded to Ottawa from Toronto. 

Can you sight a source?  I'm not saying your wrong but there has been other information to indicate that the receiving team must agree. The reason we don't hear about that is because if they don't agree the player being asked to waive would decline. 

Obviously it may be different under expansion but I believe you're incorrect about the routine circumstances of NWC's. 

30 minutes ago, Rich said:

So we only get part of the picture tonight.

I wonder if the players get to know and if so, how quick it leaks.  Imagine being a player revealed as selected by Vegas...and then tomorrow morning you're told youve been traded somewhere else.

Assuming tonight goes off without a hitch, kudos the the NHL.  This is all very exciting.  The fact there are 8-12 trades completed and we dont know what they are...all to be announced tonight.  AND more to be announced tomorrow and no doubt between Thurs and the draft, even more?  Very exciting!