The Expansion Draft

Ducky

Maurice is a snake oil salesman.  Talks a good talk but his actions say other things. 

Ehlers put on the 4th line. 

Pav starting. 

Buff still getting big minutes.  

Stu and Thor on the PK .

The fact that he talks about the kids and letting them struggle which they haven't exactly done is just talk.  Scheif Ehlers Laine are 3 of our top scorers. All kids. 

It's the vets who are struggling. And until the vets actually get held accountable nothing changes. 

The argument can easily be made that our best players this year have been ehlers Laine Scheif Morrissey Trouba. The "kids". 

It's funny to me that people actually believe the crap Maurice talks about when his actions shows that he's just all talk. 

Whats the difference between Noel  and Maurice?  Not much actually. Both great talkers but both had/have trouble because of their lack of action 

Edited by Goalie

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

Maurice is a snake oil salesman.  Talks a good talk but his actions say other things. 

You may be right on this.   

I wonder *if* Maurice had only a few seasons coaching in his belt before joining the club if that would make management and peoples opinions of him differently?    The whole the guy has coached a tonne of games usually seems to be the answer for why we keep him in charge?

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You may be right on this.   

I wonder *if* Maurice had only a few seasons coaching in his belt before joining the club if that would make management and peoples opinions of him differently?    The whole the guy has coached a tonne of games usually seems to be the answer for why we keep him in charge?

canadian-girl.png

16 hours ago, Floyd said:

If the Jets are really developing young guys and letting them make mistakes then split up Laine and Ehlers so that we don't lose games because of it

I agree but who do you put them with? Everyone can't play with Little. As much as he is loved here and I really like him too but Wheeler doesn't play the smartest game in his zone either. Most of the play is probably not in the D zone when he is on the ice but when it is, he doesn't shine. Watch where he is on the ice when goals are scored when he is on. Armia is by far the smartest young forward we have and Staf is invisible in the D zone.

Maurice not playing Helle in the last 10 games is baffling...is there something else behind it? Why sit Helle for so long? If he wanted to play him against the Hawks shouldn't he have played in the last week? Hutch isn't in the equation. he has 4 wins in 17 games this season. Was the injury to Myers a sports hernia? Him being hurt sures turns the trade from a fleecing to just geting taken advantage of. We should have traded him over a year ago when it was evident he was the 3RHD.

The sad thing is, mathematically we are still easily in the chase for the playoffs. If we weren't, they could at least play some youngsters more and call some up. How much is Petan developing on the 4th line? I know he is doing well on the PP but either send him down or give him more than 6 minutes a game. Same as sitting Tanev in the pressbox. It looks like 88-89 points will get you a wildcard spot this year which is pretty bad. Chevy still waiting for the team to "go on a run" I guess.

Sorry, I should have said smartest defensively. Name me a young forward on the team smarter in his own zone. Ehlers and Laine are lost when trying to figure out what man they should be on or what part of the ice they should be. He's better than Lowry although different responsibilities and the only argument you might have is Copper.

Edited by Ducky

• 3 months later...

Expansion Draft will soon be upon us, time to resurrect this thread.

TSN has released an expansion draft simulator, unfortunately it does not seem to be as good as the one the Cap Friendly has.   You can't even choose what players teams will protect.  I also think they might have under estimated the demand for this thing as it seems to be hit and miss if you an get it to work, so I can't even try and figure out who they have the Jets protecting.  Not impressed.

The simulator is here:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/assemble-the-knights/draft-simulator

A couple of TSN staffers have done their own mock drafts.

Craig Button has us losing Armia:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/assemble-the-knights/button-s-picks

Dan Seravelli has us losing Copp:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/assemble-the-knights/button-s-picks

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

It looks like the simulator has us protecting the extra defenseman, so Perreault is available as well.  Interesting that both Button and Seravelli passed on Perreault.

Isn't it possible that the Jets will have a backroom deal in terms of a draft pick with the Knights for them not to take Perreault

http://www.tsn.ca/mcphee-vegas-open-to-big-contracts-1.770322

According to general manager George McPhee, the Vegas Golden Knights are willing to take on players with high cap hits - for a price.

McPhee told the Las Vegas Review-Journal the Golden Knights have been offered high-figure contracts from teams looking to get under the salary cap and the Knights aren't against spending the money for a return.

“We have a lot of teams offering us big contracts,” McPhee said. “We’ll take a few of those, for the right price.”

How is it that Chevy has not taken any heat for Enstroms no trade clause? Totally screwing up our ability to protect players....we are in a bad situation to lose a good player. For a GM that rarely makes changes how was this not foreseen?

5 minutes ago, bb1 said:

How is it that Chevy has not taken any heat for Enstroms no trade clause? Totally screwing up our ability to protect players....we are in a bad situation to lose a good player. For a GM that rarely makes changes how was this not foreseen?

maybe because there was no need to protect players when Toby signed his contract.  I suppose we could be critical of Chevy for not knowing there would be an expansion draft 5 years later but that might be pushing it.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

maybe because there was no need to protect players when Toby signed his contract.  I suppose we could be critical of Chevy for not knowing there would be an expansion draft 5 years later but that might be pushing it.

Talking about the last 2 years.....sat on his hands.

2 hours ago, bb1 said:

Talking about the last 2 years.....sat on his hands.

How do you know if he hasn't tried to get Enstrom to waive it and trade him? It's not like fans know everything that goes on behind closed doors, anyway.

Enstrom's injury issues haven't helped anything, either.