RethinkIng Paul Maurice....

bb1

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Wasn't Vincent hired at the same time Noel was, Noel and Pearn got canned at the same time, Vincent was with the team at the time and stuck around with Maurice. 

Nope.  Pearn was demoted from power play while Noel was trying to save his job...  he lasted another half season

I'll just say this... I think Flaherty and Huddy need to go, i really do, they have been here 6 years with poor results, It's time to move on from them and i think at the very least, that will happen this off-season.

However, because it's pretty obvious that they are just doing what Maurice pretty much tells them to do, I'm not sure how many changes you would see to the on ice product, in terms of coaching, the buck starts and stops with Maurice so... In a way, Unless Maurice goes, then I'm not sure it makes that much of a difference in the end to get rid of Huddy and Flaherty, I'm all for canning Hudding and Flaherty, I just don't think firing them would make much difference in the end.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Pascal Vincent was hired Jully 22nd 2011. 

Regardless of what his role was, he was a guy that was hired when NOEL was also, just like Huddy, Just like Flaherty. 

Okey dokey.  All I remember is the big deal when Pearn was demoted from the Power Play and Vincent 'officially' took over.

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Pearn wasn't even brought in at the same as Noel, he was brought in the year Noel was fired. 

He was hired in 2012 - to improve the powerplay... then fired in 2013.

Then went to Vancouver... and coordinated the 10th best PP in the league...  before the Jets, he led the Cdns to a 2nd best PP in the league...

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that our "reporters" loved it should show you they are stupid idiots and should be on chris jerichos list. The fact is this Is a TEAM who is struggling. They are not being put in positions to succeed. Maurice is a great talker just like Claude Noel but he's not a very good coach just like Claude Noel. 

Maurice says all sorts of things... it's his actions tho that should show you that he's actually all talk... It's all just talk and it's not a coincidence that our super smart totally not stupid idiot media is concentrating on Laine and his center ice give away and subsequent benching instead of oh I dunno.... talking about a certain veteran goaltender who absolutely sucked last night. Bottom line.... Pavelec makes that routine save and the media isn't talking about Laine today. Maurice isn't up there doing a puppet show pretty much. 

Cuz that's exactly what that was. A puppet show. Your team Paul is underperforming and one of the reasons is a direct result of your coaching and assinine roster decisions and you come out and drip sarcasm. In the last week 2 coaches better than you were fired because their teams underperformed. But hey... here in Winnipeg we are just happy to have a team right?  Who cares about winning games. Keep defending the crappy goalie... keep benching the kids and letting the vets get away with whatever they want. It's cool with me because eventually TNSE will see through his excuses and send him packing. Judging by that interview... I think he's probably starting to feel the heat a wee bit. 

Here's an honest question.. I'll give 3 choices for it... who would you rather have as coach of the Jets? 

Ken Hitchcock?  Claude Julien? Or Paul Maurice?

Cuz right now The Jets have that choice also if they want it. So coming out dripping sarcasm.... well... it's probably not the best idea at the moment. 

Edited by Goalie