You be the Boss

Fred C Dobbs

53 minutes ago, WildPath said:

I wish the bombers and CFL would create more video's of special players, plays and games and leave them up on their website. One of the things that keep my attention in football is being able to get cherished memories from any possible game that can live on through conversations with others... "Remember that time that...." One of my favourites with my dad is remembering that time we were leaving and Westwood won the game on a 55 yard field goal.

That would actually be a really cool idea... go to the CFL website to see an archive of 5-10 minute highlight videos from hall of famers... 

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Blink was not the greatest pass catcher out of the backfield - both numbers and observation have shown that over the years

Fantastic rusher but receiving was not his forte

Thats simply not true. 

In blinks time we had many horrible o lines, 1 or two deep wr cores at best, some horrible OCs and systems, and for 3 years he split touches out of the back field. 

Yet STILL he put up 368 for 3396 and 13 tds. 8 years in the cfl. 7.5 here. 3 years split touches out of the back field and primary returner for the first half of his career too. 

Denmark in 6 years 359 catches for 4870 and 24 tds. Darvin adams 133 catches for 1790 and 14 tds.

Blink was the no2 man at worst in our offense, and lead us to wins. Harris was 3rd - 4th in bc. harris played on better teams and was a smaller piece. your drastically under rating blinks contribution. Our offense was reliant on going deep to milt or going to blink.  

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Thats simply not true. 

In blinks time we had many horrible o lines, 1 or two deep wr cores at best, some horrible OCs and systems, and for 3 years he split touches out of the back field. 

Yet STILL he put up 368 for 3396 and 13 tds. 8 years in the cfl. 7.5 here. 3 years split touches out of the back field and primary returner for the first half of his career too. 

Denmark in 6 years 359 catches for 4870 and 24 tds. Darvin adams 133 catches for 1790 and 14 tds.

Blink was the no2 man at worst in our offense, and lead us to wins. Harris was 3rd - 4th in bc. harris played on better teams and was a smaller piece. your drastically under rating blinks contribution. Our offense was reliant on going deep to milt or going to blink.  

Not at all - just stating that other RB's were / are better as receivers - Harris is just one example

We had a good OL from 2006 - 2008, especially 2007.  There were other players who were vital cogs of the offense over the years, Milt and Blink were more long term while some of the others moved on.