US Politics

Rich

9 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

What is the reason for posting this video? How not to conduct an interview? How to shout over your guest when they are not playing into your narrative?  How to be crazy rude to the person you are interviewing? How to cut off someone trying to explain something complex?

To show us what a shitty tv journalist Maria Bartiromo is?

21 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Clapper?

"During testimony in March that has become infamous, Clapper told Senator Ron Wyden, a member of the intelligence committee, that the NSA was not intercepting data on millions of Americans.

After the revelations from whistleblower Edward Snowden, Clapper eventually apologized to the Senate panel, citing a momentary memory failure – although he initially said he gave the “least untruthful” answer he could publicly provide."

also "WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said Russia is not behind the emails from Hillary Clinton, her State Department staff, allies, and Democrats that WikiLeaks has published."

forgotten is the deep corruption revealed by the leaked emails. Nobody cares about any of that apparently. Very Good PR by the democrats.

Edited by Mark F

8 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

It's funny how two people can watch a video and see the complete opposite.  What I saw is that Christine Pelosi is just as stunned as her mother.

How was she stunned? She didn't freeze or anything... she was shouted down by Maria and many occasions... My favorite is at 2:00 when she is shouting "WOO HOO... WOO HOO Christine! " while she was continuing her explaination to Maria... it was bizarre... 

Watch it again without the Regressive tinted glasses- be objective and you will see that it is a terrible way to conduct an interview.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

15 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Watch it again without the Regressive tinted glasses- be objective and you will see that it is a terrible way to conduct an interview.

LOL - "regressive tinted glasses", no one can have a different opinion than you without being labeled.  I am willing to give her some benefit of the doubt if she couldn't hear Maria trying to get in a word edgewise, but to me it just seemed like Pelosi was babbling away and spouting talking points.  I wonder how interested the Dems would be in "getting to the bottom" of this Russia stuff if Hillary had won.  I would guess that this issue wouldn't even be talked about right now, or Trump would be talking about it, and everyone would be laughing at him.

19 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

LOL - "regressive tinted glasses", no one can have a different opinion than you without being labeled.  I am willing to give her some benefit of the doubt if she couldn't hear Maria trying to get in a word edgewise, but to me it just seemed like Pelosi was babbling away and spouting talking points.  I wonder how interested the Dems would be in "getting to the bottom" of this Russia stuff if Hillary had won.  I would guess that this issue wouldn't even be talked about right now, or Trump would be talking about it, and everyone would be laughing at him.

Note to both of you. They were both highly irritating regardless of political view.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

18 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

How was she stunned? She didn't freeze or anything... she was shouted down by Maria and many occasions... My favorite is at 2:00 when she is shouting "WOO HOO... WOO HOO Christine! " while she was continuing her explaination to Maria... it was bizarre... 

"Bubblehead" couldn't tolerate an answer longer then 10 seconds, it was supposed to be an interview, not a debate.  The interviewer asks questions and the interviewee answers them, interrupting in the middle of an answer by asking another question is just a method to disrupt and discredit the interviewee.  I can't tolerate this style of journalism as it just makes everyone dumber.  God help us.

4 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Note to both of you. They were both highly irritating regardless of political view.

LOL - yeah good point.  In a good mood as enjoying some Christmas cheer while watching the Jets finally play a complete game.  Merry Christmas to all and safe travels if you are traveling in the next week to be with your loved ones.

36 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You know, there's always been a kind of "rule" that in a bar there were 2 things you never talked about. Religion & politics. As it seems most of you are drunk when you post here you may want to think about that when you say something. LOL! ;) 

That rule also applies when visiting the US, I spent 4 years down there and learned to keep my mouth zipped when those subjects came up.

http://thecomeback.com/nhl/florida-panthers-owner-donald-trump-cabinet.html

But, the month’s not over yet, so there was ample time for things to get stranger – and it has. Panthers co-owner Vincent Viola was picked by president-elect Donald Trump as Secretary of the Army.

Vincent Viola nominated as Secretary of the Army.
» https://t.co/7vjSvwDlo3 pic.twitter.com/BUXByZOgzL

— Florida Panthers PR (@FlaPanthersPR) December 19, 2016

Edited by Mark F
edit

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

So turns out... a white Christmas doesn't just mean snow on the ground it also is what trump is turning his cabinet In to. Seriously has there ever been a whiter old man cabinet in history? 

Man of the people, Mr Blue Collar.  His cabinet is very representative of America.  Or a least Trump's America.

It seems pretty representative of Trump as a person.  Plays up that he's the blue collar candidate (when he lives in a palace of gold) and then appoints a cabinet of billionaires, millionaires, friends.  Its looking like a country club.

Whats the over/under before Trump gets bored and quits?  Im saying two years.

I found it funny that after all of the celebs trying to influence the Electoral College to vote for "someone else", only two votes didn't go to Trump on the Republican side, while on the Democrat side, four votes didn't go to Hillary.  After all of the money spent on a last gasp to influence the EC, Hillary ended up being the one getting less votes.  I guess upholding democracy was more important than the eternal respect of Martin Sheen and Mike Farrell (who?)  When will these narcissists ever learn?  No one cares what you think!!

Edited by kelownabomberfan

44 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I am waiting for the complete cabinet and then I will draw my conclusion. But so far... Ewwwww 

I have a feeling that no matter who Trump appointed, and how diverse his cabinet would be, that all there would be would be negative comments from the MSM.  As I expect every policy he comes up with to met with by the MSM.  As every move he has made since the day after he won has been met with the MSM. 

Here is Jim Brown talking about his admiration for Trump - the CNN commentator is in complete shock:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/12/13/jim-brown-donald-trump-cnn-brooke-baldwin-jim-brown.cnn

I for one just want to see the best people for the job.  I realize in government that is no longer the way things are, and talent and experience have to take a back seat to the PC rules, but I guess I'm old fashioned that way.  One complaint I heard over and over again from the many Trump voters I talked to in the US was that they were tired of unqualified people getting all of the jobs in government.  Are the people Trump is appointing qualified?  If so, then Trump is doing what he was elected to do. 

Yes, those that voted as pledged for Trump upheld democracy.  Those that voted against their pledge by not voting for Hilary also upheld democracy as long as you're a republican.  lol

It was a silly campaign to begin with.  But not completely without merit.  If the Electoral College serves no purpose but to essentially ratify the vote, get rid of them.  Their purpose is to be the final judgement on whether the winning candidate is worthy and qualified.  One could certainly argue Trump is neither.  In an election where he barely won and, in fact, lost the vote by a significant number, the purpose of the college was relevant.  And they did exactly as expected and in our modern time, exactly as they should...which in turn shows how useless the whole thing is to begin with.

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I have a feeling that no matter who Trump appointed, and how diverse his cabinet would be, that all there would be would be negative comments from the MSM.  As I expect every policy he comes up with to met with by the MSM.  As every move he has made since the day after he won has been met with the MSM. 

Here is Jim Brown talking about his admiration for Trump - the CNN commentator is in complete shock:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/12/13/jim-brown-donald-trump-cnn-brooke-baldwin-jim-brown.cnn

I for one just want to see the best people for the job.  I realize in government that is no longer the way things are, and talent and experience have to take a back seat to the PC rules, but I guess I'm old fashioned that way.  One complaint I heard over and over again from the many Trump voters I talked to in the US was that they were tired of unqualified people getting all of the jobs in government.  Are the people Trump is appointing qualified?  If so, then Trump is doing what he was elected to do. 

I have a feeling no matter how white, rich and "friend of Candidate" Trump's cabinet was, the Trump-coloured glasses far right crowd would defend it.  Just as they'd be critical of literally anyone a democrat President-Elect would appoint.  Works both ways when you wear blinders.

5 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

The Americans have such a messed up system. The people with those votes have way too much power.

They dont really.  They are appointed based on their pledge to vote the way their state population voted.  In some cases, it is illegal to vote otherwise.  So basically, it was set up to be the sober second thought last line of defense and evolved into a scenario where they became pointless in the grand scheme of thing.

There have been so-called faithless voters over the years, but it doesnt ever matter.

The point against doing away with them and just going to a popular vote is that larger states would control the outcome.  Without the College, Hilary would have won quite handedly (assuming both candidates campaigned the same way, which they probably wouldn't have).

33 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I have a feeling no matter how white, rich and "friend of Candidate" Trump's cabinet was, the Trump-coloured glasses far right crowd would defend it.  Just as they'd be critical of literally anyone a democrat President-Elect would appoint.  Works both ways when you wear blinders.

I am not defending his cabinet, but I don't see why skin color or gender is the most important aspect of picking a cabinet.  I realize this isn't a "PC" attitude.  I am just saying that the people I talked to were frustrated by what they saw as incompetent boobs, no matter what their gender or skin color, being appointed to positions of power in the government (no matter which party was in power) purely due to political reasons, and not because of merit or experience or talent.  Is Trump reversing that trend and appointing talented, experienced people (at least perceived to be anyway)?  I don't know.  I just think saying that they are bad appointments because there are too many "white" people just seems to be reverse discrimination.