US Politics

Rich

21 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Holy **** balls!

That is BANANAS!

wow... 

Just when you think this administration can no longer shock you... amazing...

Yeah, very disturbing. Chances of a nuclear weapon getting into the hands of hard core muslim fanatic terrorists are high, if the Saudis get nuclear weapons.

Also disturbing is the strong push from Trump, Pence, Bolton, Israel, and Saudi Arabia, to attack Iran. They are really trying to start a war with Iran.

Not just Putin that has Trump over a barrel..

At what point will the Americans do something about this menace.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Agreed. It's crazy how many lower and middle class people vote against their own self interest.

To be fair though... many of these people who voted for trump were fed up with the status quo- and I don't blame them. They wanted real change and thought that trump would bring that about... he brought change... just not the type that helps the middle and lower class. 

They (we) live in a broken system of cycling through boom and bust, where the rich get richer with bail outs and the poor get poorer with belt tightening....

It makes no sense in continuing this economy which breaks down every 8-12 years. I mean ****... would you buy a car that breaks down every 100-150 Kms? Would you continue to invest in that car?

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

To be fair though... many of these people who voted for trump were fed up with the status quo- and I don't blame them. They wanted real change and thought that trump would bring that about... he brought change... just not the type that helps the middle and lower class.

I don't feel the need to try to be fair. Anybody who was paying attention knew what was coming with Trump.

I talked to plenty of people down south, before the election......and yes, they was a lot of anger at "business as usual" and some reception to a more populist brand.   But this notion that Donald Trump, of all people....was some kind of defender of American blue collar, working class people, was patently absurd, from the get-go   Simplistic slogans and dog whistling notwithstanding......  

I wrote quite a bit of stuff on this board, pre-election.....about the obvious character flaws and inherent dishonestly of Trump.   Unfortunately, afterwards....it was even worse, than I thought.....

Edited by do or die

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I don't feel the need to try to be fair. Anybody who was paying attention knew what was coming with Trump.

Just now, do or die said:

I talked to plenty of people down south, before the election......and yes, they was a lot of anger at "business as usual" and some reception to a more populist brand.   But this notion that Donald Trump, of all people....was some kind of defender of American blue collar, working class people, should be been patently absurd, from the get-go   Simplistic slogans and dog whistling notwithstanding......  

I respect those sentiments- I do. I felt the same way too. 

I think though, that the difference is that anger fueled that election and clear thought was tossed out the window. people wanted so much to throw a brick through the window of establishment, not understanding that it was their window. 

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

And by the way, still waiting for some of AOC's lies to be posted (and no Im not watching a video).  Post them here please.

Of course you aren't going to watch anything that might conflict with your inherent biases.  Her lies were well documented.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/07/alexandria-ocasio-cortezs-very-bad-defense-her-falsehoods/?utm_term=.e8620982a8b7

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/04/alexandria-ocasio-cortezs-trillion-mistake/?utm_term=.cede549ed8fa

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/24/ocasio-cortezs-misfired-facts-living-wage-minimum-wage/?utm_term=.e0aae77ba33f

If you want to ignore this or worse, make excuses, that's fine, but then it's just MAGA part two.  Excusing lying shouldn't be acceptable, just because that liar is a Democrat. 

Like I said though, what scares me is when smart people like Stephen Colbert bend over and don't question blatant mis-truths.  That's scary.

38 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

An educated young woman of colour, they are terrified. 

What exactly are these GOP people supposed to be so terrified of exactly?  AOC is the gift that keeps on giving for the Republicans.  It's the Dems that are terrified, because she is pulling the party further and further away from the center.  You can tell yourself that this is a good thing, and that her far-fetched multi-trillion dollar plans or "sensible", but that's not going to win you many elections.  For the GOP, both AOC and this Omar person have been a godsend.  

Edited by kelownabomberfan

26 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

What exactly are these GOP people supposed to be so terrified of exactly?  AOC is the gift that keeps on giving for the Republicans.  It's the Dems that are terrified, because she is pulling the party further and further away from the center.  You can tell yourself that this is a good thing, and that her far-fetched multi-trillion dollar plans or "sensible", but that's not going to win you many elections.  For the GOP, both AOC and this Omar person have been a godsend.  

Are they though? A godsend? 

The GOP core is old white males. they are losing touch with the fabric of the electorate which is half women, younger and increasingly non-white... 

So they are demonizing and alienating the very factors they are trying court... how well is that going to play out?  

what is crazy is that the USA is a much more liberal country then how they are represented- hence why trump lost the popular vote. its maddening to see that country have a conservative stranglehold for 2 years when they are a liberal country. 

If the GOP didn't have the deck considerably stacked- they would lose. It has nothing to do with a new green deal, that is just the latest scare tactic the GOP uses and it's pretty transparent.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

29 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Terrified that she among others are talking about the good of the people rather than the good of the wealthy. Her proposals are popular, people are sick of the status quo, they tried trump and it was a disaster, the next move to shake up a broken system is for the people to take it back from the old white rich men.