US Politics

Rich

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

LOL - and of course, attack the messenger, not the message.  What else is new.  Did you bother to even read the story, or just go straight to the alt-left talking point?

Do show me where I "attacked the messenger." Please do. Zero Hedge is a garbage source for information.

Don't play the victim card.

Judge orders Stone to appear in court after he shared photo of her with crosshairs

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/430555-judge-orders-stone-to-appear-in-court-after-he-shared-photo-of-her

Text accompanying the photograph criticized Berman Jackson, an Obama appointee, for her prior rulings.  The same judge, who by the way, will be hearing his show cause case.

The arrogance of these people is unbelievable.  
This will go well.

Unless you are Roger Stone

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Do show me where I "attacked the messenger." Please do. Zero Hedge is a garbage source for information.

Don't play the victim card.

And don't play the "I am incapable of thinking for myself card".  How about that?  Did you read the information?  Can you break through your inherent personal biases and just read something that people you have chosen to trust have told you you can't read?  Stop giving in to Big Brother and think for yourself.

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

And don't play the "I am incapable of thinking for myself card".  How about that?  Did you read the information?  Can you break through your inherent personal biases and just read something that people you have chosen to trust have told you you can't read?  Stop giving in to Big Brother and think for yourself.

Pot.  Kettle.  Black.  Yowza!  Post of the year and it's only February!

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Erroneously plays the Victim Card.  Proceeds to go on the attack rather than actually substantiate his claim. And then whips out the tinfoil while lecturing on others on breaking through biases.

Holy shitballs.

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think we should go easy- no fair for everyone to gang up on him- there must be a reason he's wiggin' out like this. 

Could be many things.  Trump's latest melt down, the great twitter thread detailing the NY FBI field office efforts to screw Clinton, the fact the Gang of 8 were informed of the FBI's probe into Trump.  Or maybe Roger Stone's threat towards a Judge and subsequent apology since his bail is now at risk.  Wouldn't want anyone to talk about those things.  Let's talk about a rookie Dem politician who has become the post child for while alt right attacks.

There are 2-3 people that do this but its always the same and always transparent.  They come here to blow up a minor thing about the Dems when Trump has a bad day.  If it were me and 98% of negative posts being about Trump & the GOP bothered me that much, I'd probably just not read the thread.  

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Pot.  Kettle.  Black.  Yowza!  Post of the year and it's only February!

How exactly?  Because I (GASP!!) have a different opinion than you???  Because I can read things from both ends of the spectrum?  Because when someone posts something, I don't immediately consult my "how to respond when confronted with anything that conflicts with my inherent biases" chart, and just dismiss what is stated?  Are you saying that there aren't fake racial hate crimes going on, and this latest one is just yet another one, that's just more high profile?  If so, please show me your information.  I'd love to read it.

Oh god, here I go again...

Trump wanted top ally in charge of Cohen probe: report
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/430611-trump-wanted-top-ally-in-charge-of-cohen-probe-report

Trump requested that U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman be put in charge of the investigation that has since resulted in jail time for former Trump attorney Michael Cohen, even though Berman recused himself from the probe.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

How exactly?  Because I (GASP!!) have a different opinion than you???  Because I can read things from both ends of the spectrum?  Because when someone posts something, I don't immediately consult my "how to respond when confronted with anything that conflicts with my inherent biases" chart, and just dismiss what is stated?  Are you saying that there aren't fake racial hate crimes going on, and this latest one is just yet another one, that's just more high profile?  If so, please show me your information.  I'd love to read it.

Settle down.  That bolded statement is not remotely true and you know it.  

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Erroneously plays the Victim Card.  Proceeds to go on the attack rather than actually substantiate his claim. And then whips out the tinfoil while lecturing on others on breaking through biases.

Holy shitballs.

Nothing you wrote above makes any sense.  "Proceeds to go on the attack rather than actually substantiate his claim"?  What does that even mean?  DID YOU READ WHAT WAS IN THE ARTICLE?  Why is everyone so scared to read anything that they are told not to read?  Why is asking questions so hard?

10 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think we should go easy- no fair for everyone to gang up on him- there must be a reason he's wiggin' out like this. 

I'm not wigging out.  Just watching a familiar pattern - "Alt-left comment made". Someone dares question the comments made, and is immediately jumped on and insulted.  All attempts to show why alt-left comments made are criticized and ignored.  It's just so sad that the reaction is always the same, to anything that contradicts what the Alt-left wants you to think.  Orwell was right on with 1984.  

Edited by kelownabomberfan

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'm not wigging out.  Just watching a familiar pattern - "Alt-left comment made".  "Trained seals clap".  Someone dares question the comments made, and is immediately jumped on and insulted.  All attempts to show why alt-left comments made are criticized and ignored.  It's just so sad that the reaction is always the same, to anything that contradicts what the Alt-left wants you to think.  Orwell was right on with 1984.  

Trained seals?  The AOC stuff aside since thats just the usual MO of the opposing side (ie. to attack a view they disagree with), even when you do it poorly.  Your criticism of people defending what appeared to be a vicious assault based on racism and homophobia as virtue-signalling exposed you once and for all.  

You accusing people here of being a trained seals or only seeing one side is pretty rich considering you're staunch alt right view that is glaringly apparent in every single thread you ever post in.

The reason people dismiss you here is not because they love AOC of because they believe everything she says.  Its because you dont hold your own right wing heroes to the same standard and you often use your posts to belittle or demean those with opposing viewpoints rather then attempting to engage in legitimate discussion.

Thats what I meant by transparent.  And its obvious to everyone.

If AOC said ten things and 9 were totally reasonable and true and one was wild, you'd go nuts about the one.  If Trump said 10 things and 9 were crazy and 1 was reasonable, you'd hold it up as an example of the right.  Everyone can see that.  

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

LOL - of course it's true.  And it's scaring you.  I get that.

If you think anyone here sees you as being able to (or actively) see all sides of the political spectrum, you've been into the gin already.  You're the complete opposite of that.  That's okay...everyone is entitled to their opinion, but really, do you think you're not incredible and clearly politically biased? lol

And even if it were true, which it isn't why would that scare me?  Why would anything about you scare me? lol

Edited by The Unknown Poster

And by the way, still waiting for some of AOC's lies to be posted (and no Im not watching a video).  Post them here please.

Im most anxious to see her tax plan criticized (and likely misunderstood) as well as her remarks about climate change.

Or we can talk more about Bernie Sanders and how mean the Dems are to him and how unusual it is for an alt right to be so concerned for him.

What else, what else...I mean, if like, actual news is off the table because it's too negative towards Trump and the multiple investigations into him and his admin, Im not sure.  I guess we could discuss the criticism being leveled at Malia Obama for wearing a bathing suit and drinking wine.  I mean, if we're talking about crazy reactions, thats a good one.

17 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'm not wigging out.  Just watching a familiar pattern - "Alt-left comment made". Someone dares question the comments made, and is immediately jumped on and insulted.  All attempts to show why alt-left comments made are criticized and ignored.  It's just so sad that the reaction is always the same, to anything that contradicts what the Alt-left wants you to think.  Orwell was right on with 1984.  

You clearly didn't read that article I posted for you about the "Alt-left" did you?  It was coined by trump to defend modern day nazis after the Charlottesville nazi march.

In a press conference at Trump Tower on Tuesday, the president blamed "both sides" for the violence at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville that left one counter protester dead. "What about the alt-left that came charging at the, as you say, the alt-right?" Trump opined. "Do they have any semblance of guilt?"

The alt-left has no semblance of guilt because the "alt-left" does not exist.

The alt-right is an amorphous movement with a fair amount of internal disagreement, but you can point to certain nodes and leaders: Breitbart, Steve Bannon, Milo Yiannopoulos, Mike Cernovich, 4chan, r/The_Donald, Richard Spencer, and so on. Some are explicit white supremacists and some aren't, but they have shared beliefs that include an anti-immigrant nationalism, a love for Donald Trump, protectionist views on trade, a hatred of establishment Republicans, and so on.

There's no corresponding movement on the left. 

So might want to ease up on that "Alt-left" stuff or people might mistake your posts as some sort of white supremacist dog whistling. Just throwing that out there and trying keep you from looking like a supporter of white supremacy. 

Here are some links (I hope you read them). 

https://www.wired.com/story/what-is-alt-left/

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/what-the-alt-left/8zSp3uA7hvEEb32l1Y357H/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/opinion-rochon-is-there-an-alt-left-1.4272178

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/vbbvbx/stop-saying-alt-left

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/16/politics/what-is-alt-left/index.html

and, I am not sure what you are referencing to in regards to "1984".