US Politics

Rich

43 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think a lot of people are afraid of getting drawn into investigations.  And then when you consider it a temporary job, how will it play in the private sector that you were a gate keeper for Trump?   I mean, I'd take the job and record everything and write a book and screenplay.  But thats me.

Well, taking a top job in this administration....and avoiding getting tangled up in some form of illegality.....could be a tricky business.   Plus you would have to shine Trump's boots, get his Cheetos, and praise Fearless Leader, at every opportunity.  Besides already a growing number of books about this crap. 

You would also have to master regurgitating the lying, deflections and spinning, as well as the new linguistics......"Alternative facts, fake news, truth isn't truth, and what you see and hear is not happening."

Edited by do or die

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Well, taking a top job in this administration....and avoiding getting tangled up in some form of illegality.....could be a tricky business.   Plus you would have to shine Trump's boots, get his Cheetos, and praise Fearless Leader, at every opportunity.  Besides already a growing number of books about this crap.

You probably won't be tied into any the of the legal stuff. I would imagine, when he goes down, it will be for something he did in the campaign or deals he made with the Russians or Saudis. 

But, inevitably, you're standing next to him when he's impeached or resigns from office and that will be an image that will follow you around forever. 

36 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think a lot of people are afraid of getting drawn into investigations.  And then when you consider it a temporary job, how will it play in the private sector that you were a gate keeper for Trump?   I mean, I'd take the job and record everything and write a book and screenplay.  But thats me.

So.... you'd pull a Christie then?

How could trump pick Christie... He's got ****** over by trump and embarrassed on a national level. I mean... hostage face?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwwN3B9tTF9qYGbgZH3xE

By passed for VP, Kicked off trump transition team, teased with cabinet positions (only to be denied again) and of course.... hostage face. I think Chris Christie is not a man who forgets much and forgives very little... I can see him exacting some revenge here...

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Putting aside the debate for a moment, that’s rough company to be in for any subject. 

Unfair. Your hatred for Trump is influencing your reaction to this.....

Can't see any problem here.... given the Trump Administration's commonalities and shared philosophies.... with these particular nations

Edited by do or die

Donald Trump: "I own this"
Chuck Schumer: "Ok"

Watched the tape.....The Don stating that he would "be proud" to shut down the government - weeks before the holidays

A lot of GOP House and Senate types must of been cringing, all the way though it.  All their hard work, trying to paint Pelosi and Schumer as obstructionists.....dropped straight down the crapper.  To say nothing of the spectacle of Trump, asking the cameras in, then mistaking the entire event for an Apprentice episode.  Bluster, petulance and spinning like a top.  Problem is that Pelosi and Schumer are not Trump organization flunkies

Now, if the Republicans attempt to blame the Dems for any shutdown.....Dems will just run that tape in a continuous loop.   Probably will do that, in any case....

Trump simply does not react well to criticism...
He reacts even more more poorly, when it comes from a women (or for that matter, people of colour)   Pelosi knows this, hence her post-meeting comments about  "manhood" and "tinkle contest"  She may really have the upper hand in pushing Trump's buttons, moving forward.

As far as Pence.....couldn't decide if he was finding his inner zen, embarrassed, or just heavily medicated.

Trump said after the cameras were turned off that he had a productive meeting with Schumer and Pelosi. 🙄

Edited by do or die

14 minutes ago, do or die said:

Donald Trump: "I own this"
Chuck Schumer: "Ok"

Watched the tape.....The Don stating that he would "be proud" to shut down the government - weeks before the holidays

A lot of GOP House and Senate types must of been cringing, all the way though it.  All their hard work, trying to paint Pelosi and Schumer as obstructionists.....dropped straight down the crapper.  To say nothing of the spectacle of Trump, asking the cameras in, then mistaking the entire event for an Apprentice episode.  Bluster, petulance and spinning like a top.  Problem is that Pelosi and Schumer are not Trump organization flunkies

Now, if the Republicans attempt to blame the Dems for any shutdown.....Dems will just run that tape in a continuous loop.   Probably will do that, in any case....

Trump simply does not react well to criticism...
He reacts even more more poorly, when it comes from a women (or for that matter, people of colour)   Pelosi knows this, hence her post-meeting comments about  "manhood" and "tinkle contest"  She may really have the upper hand in pushing Trump's buttons, moving forward.

As far as Pence.....couldn't decide if he was finding his inner zen, embarrassed, or just heavily medicated.

Trump said after the cameras were turned off that he had a productive meeting with Schumer and Pelosi. 🙄

Pelosi is one smart cookie.  And cool under pressure.  What a visual, of Trump repeatedly cutting her off, talking over her, talking down to her.  

I read that Trump was furious after the cameras stopped rolling, throwing things around.  Whereas Pelosi was crowing about getting Trump to embrace the shut down.  

Pence was likely hoping it would end so he could leave.  Chuck looked bemused the entire time, like he was embarrassed for Trump and clearly didnt want this exchange in public (although it was to his benefit).

So much to unpack lately.

Trump said he thought they were would be a revolt if he were impeached.  This is what he does.  He inflames and encourages the worst of his base.  He's now publicly called for a violent response if he's legally held responsible under the constitution he swore to protect and uphold.

In Flynn's court filing he mentions his initial questioning was by FBI agent Strzok at the direction of McCabe.  Both were fired by Trump (most agree, unreasonably).  So here is the speculation:  Why would Mueller allow Flynn to bring up Strzok and McCabe in his filings?  Those are key lightening rods for the GOP Trump defenders?   How about, Flynn gets questioned by Strzok at McCabe's behest and runs to Trump or Pence to tell them that the FBI is onto them or at the very least nosing around about the Russia conspiracy.  Trump (or Pence) responds by ordering investigations into both men, uncovering Strzok's affair etc.  Looking for a pretense to fire them in an effort to scuttle the investigation in its earliest stages.

Thats obstruction.

13 minutes ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

Cohen gets 3 years in prison:

I don't know how I feel about this... Should he have gotten more? Should he have gotten less? I guess I will get a better feeling of things once those redacted portions come to light.

But really, as long as Individual-1 gets a **** tonne more... I will be happy.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

8 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't know how I feel about this... Should he have gotten more? Should he have gotten less? I guess I will get a better feeling of things once those redacted portions come to light.

But really, as long as Individual-1 gets a **** tonne more... I will be happy.

3 years seems fairly long to be in prison for a non violent crime.  And he could have got less if he hadnt lied to prosecutors.  

It brings it home though.  Cohen gets 3 years for crimes he committed at the direction of his boss Trump.  Trump's fully implicated.  Wait for the usual suspects to come here and try to defend trump now.  He's an implicated co-conspirator in crimes for which others are serving real prison sentences.  If Trump were not President, he'd be indicted for this exact same crime Cohen is going away for.  And he'd be convicted and he'd be going to prison to.

He's going to prison eventually.

It's odd. This thread is pretty much an echo chamber. Almost all posters on this thread agree- very little discussion.

Then I think of any positives about this administration and I really can't find any... there are no policies that I agree with... That and the POTUS is human garbage.  No matter how hard I try, I can't find anything with this administration that I can agree with. It's crazy.