US Politics

Rich

I thought Manafort was more afraid of Putin, than the US government.

I guess he feels better protected in US hands. Which is probably a wise decision.

This could be the final blow to Trump's fragile grip on sanity. 

Always had the "feeling" that this guy knows far more about Trump than anyone else.

Combine him, Cohen, and the Nat enquirer guy, probably not much they don't know.

Edited by Mark F

Under this deal, Manafort will charged with only 1 count of conspiracy against the United States and 1 count of conspiracy to obstruct justice by witness tampering.   Which allows him to avoid a gazillion years, on this 2nd trial.

But in this world you don't get something for nothing.   For this deal to be realized - Judge Amy Berman Jackson said Paul Manafort has agreed to cooperate "fully and truthfully" with the special counsel investigation. What the judge says that will include: Interviews with the special counsel and providing relevant documents

So we have Trump Campaign Russian point person #1 (Manafort), Trump Campaign Russian point person #2 (Flynn), and Trump's decade long legal fixer (Cohen)...... all in cooperation mode with Mueller.   As well as the long time CEO of Trump's various companies and "charitable" Trust.  

The trails are being followed......the net is closing.

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎13 at 3:36 PM, iHeart said:

So, they go after the guy for something he may or may have not done as a teen? That's just crazy. 

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, they go after the guy for something he may or may have not done as a teen? That's just crazy. 

SCOTUS judge for life? Turn over any and every stone. 

Should this story have legs? No, but it does because of the fast tracking and rubber stamping of this justice. Can't say i'm sad. 

An Unindicted co-conspirator choosing a SCOTUS for a lifetime appointment... THAT'S  crazy.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

16 minutes ago, iHeart said:

yeah let's not forget alot has happened since the Clarence Thomas hearing. This is a new time

I'm no Trump supporter but funny how this woman surfaces nearly 40 years later when the guy is going thru the confirmation process just weeks before the mid terms.  And people wonder why Trump still has a lot of support within his base. This just smells so bad & smacks of desperation from the Democrats. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm no Trump supporter but funny how this woman surfaces nearly 40 years later when the guy is going thru the confirmation process just weeks before the mid terms.  And people wonder why Trump still has a lot of support within his base. This just smells so bad. 

It absolutely stinks. Its dirty politics, but its a good response to the withholding of over 100k of pages pertaining to Kavenaugh that need to be vetted, and the 40k page dump less than 24 hrs before the hearings... pretty much all the dems can do and I applaud them.

Besides, it's his base... of course they are going to see that as sketchy as hell (because it is), but these same people are willing to look the other way on the 100k suppressed documents.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm no Trump supporter but funny how this woman surfaces nearly 40 years later when the guy is going thru the confirmation process just weeks before the mid terms.  And people wonder why Trump still has a lot of support within his base. This just smells so bad & smacks of desperation from the Democrats. 

Wouldn’t this be the critical time for her to come forward?  While occasionally these stories are made up and lies in the case of high profile allegations they very rarely are.  The blowback is always immense. 

This isn’t a job interview to manage the local McDonald’s.  Every thing he’s ever done no matter how small or big is fair game. And should be fully investigated to determine its veracity. 

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Wouldn’t this be the critical time for her to come forward?  While occasionally these stories are made up and lies in the case of high profile allegations they very rarely are.  The blowback is always immense. 

This isn’t a job interview to manage the local McDonald’s.  Every thing he’s ever done no matter how small or big is fair game. And should be fully investigated to determine its veracity. 

If he did something bad she could have come forward before now.  This is all about politics & litle to do with decency. The guy was a kid. Bet there's more than a few members here who could have that sexual misconduct accusation  hung on them when they were teens as well. 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If he did something bad she could have come forward before now.  This is all about politics & litle to do with decency. The guy was a kid. Bet there's more than a few members here who could have that sexual misconduct accusation  hung on them when they were teens as well. 

It's been shown time and time again that a girl/woman accusing the popular guy of sexual misconduct will be crucified while he walks away unscathed. 

Edited by Jacquie

American political class have gone very quiet after Manafort surprise plea deal.

Think there might be a lot of people scurrying around right now, figuring this out.

Last thursday I read one journalist,  who said Mueller was going to do something large, last Friday. He wasn't off by much.

Edited by Mark F

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Many victims are reluctant to come forward. I’m not saying she is legit cause I don’t know but the idea that she would have come forward already is simply not true.  

The #MeToo movement has become a political one using past victims for their own agenda. Going after guys from nearly 40 years ago is pathetic especially when that person was a 16 year old. Rape was a crime back then as well & men went to jail back then like they do now. I'm not debating whether Kavanaugh should be a US federal court judge or not. Just debating how this "conveniently" popped up now.  people are tired of being lied to by the media & all political parties. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The #MeToo movement has become a political one using past victims for their own agenda. Going after guys from nearly 40 years ago is pathetic especially when that person was a 16 year old. Rape was a crime back then as well & men went to jail back then like they do now. I'm not debating whether Kavanaugh should be a US federal court judge or not. Just debating how this "conveniently" popped up now.  people are tired of being lied to by the media & all political parties. 

"Lied to" ?

So... her complaint is a lie?