US Politics

Rich

Wow. Just wow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

I work for the president but like-minded colleagues and I have vowed to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

36 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Wow. Just wow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

I work for the president but like-minded colleagues and I have vowed to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

The NY Times knows who wrote this and eventually it will probably be leaked out, this and the Woodward book is really painting a bad picture of this presidency.

43 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Wow. Just wow.

Well there's a first for Trump. I doubt there's ever been something like this before.

Wait till he's gone, and we find out the worst things. Cause I expect as bad as what we know is, it's probably much worse.

Like He ordered a nuclear attack?

That's been my biggest fear since day one.

I remember the lefty bloggers writing that they were voting Trump, cause Hillary was an evil liar.  They're still  desperately clinging to that sewage.

Edited by Mark F

Trump has been raging and trying to flex muscles he doesn't have, demanding the NY Times turn over the Op-Ed author for national security reasons.  I suspect, if he tried anything crazy, his military leaders would talk him down.  Barring that, they'd threaten to resign (which usually backs Trump down).  Even the alt-right in his orbit want him out and want Pence in.  

if the Dems can take the House to a significant degree and assuming the Mueller Investigation will be damning, you might actually see the GOP Senators side with impeachment.  Rudy G was on CNN last night and said its ridiculous because you'd never get enough GOP Senators....we shall see.  

52 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Trump has been raging and trying to flex muscles he doesn't have, demanding the NY Times turn over the Op-Ed author for national security reasons.  I suspect, if he tried anything crazy, his military leaders would talk him down.  Barring that, they'd threaten to resign (which usually backs Trump down).  Even the alt-right in his orbit want him out and want Pence in.  

if the Dems can take the House to a significant degree and assuming the Mueller Investigation will be damning, you might actually see the GOP Senators side with impeachment.  Rudy G was on CNN last night and said its ridiculous because you'd never get enough GOP Senators....we shall see.  

Thinking past the midterms and how long Trump can hold out I wonder how this will impact the 2020 election? 

Normally, there would only be a fringe challenge to a sitting president's nomination as the presidential candidate. Someone who goes against the party to challenge the incumbent. 

I would think that there will a whole host of legitimate GOP candidates who are ready to challenge Trump for the presidential nomination this time. 

That being said, they need to work now to start building support and a network. Yes, they can come into the race later but without a coordinated team, there are plenty of risks. 

Will they have the time to do this if Trump hangs on for another year plus? How quickly can Pence get a campaign together? Is he too close to Trump? How fractured will the GOP be? Hooboy, what an interesting (yet terrifying) time in US politics. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Thinking past the midterms and how long Trump can hold out I wonder how this will impact the 2020 election? 

Normally, there would only be a fringe challenge to a sitting president's nomination as the presidential candidate. Someone who goes against the party to challenge the incumbent. 

I would think that there will a whole host of legitimate GOP candidates who are ready to challenge Trump for the presidential nomination this time. 

That being said, they need to work now to start building support and a network. Yes, they can come into the race later but without a coordinated team, there are plenty of risks. 

Will they have the time to do this if Trump hangs on for another year plus? How quickly can Pence get a campaign together? Is he too close to Trump? How fractured will the GOP be? Hooboy, what an interesting (yet terrifying) time in US politics. 

Im sure there will be many twists and turns along the way.  If the Mueller report is criminally damning, it will almost certainly lead to impeachment in a Dem-controlled House.  If the Republicans are hurt badly in the mid-terms, they will start to turn on Trump and perhaps an internal movement to convince Senators to convict him (or pressure Trump to resign.

Pence feels its his God-given destiny to be President...will he tie his can to Trump in 2020 if Trump looks like a lame duck?

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This guy is so slippery. Watching Sen Harris question him and he’s avoiding, deflecting, giving answers that aren’t relevant to the question. 

What a piece of work. 

When you answer and question with a question you don't really want to answer the question.

This Op-Ed in the NY Times has certainly existed a great deal of wild speculation.   Investigations, lie detectors, and a lot of brave people insisting that they are not Spartacus.   

Having a great deal of practical experience with whodunits - have consulted my advanced tools, to help shed some light on this.  I have now narrowed it down to a number of prime suspects:

Colonel Mustard (Kelly)
Mr. Green (Pence)
Major Plum (Mattis)
Miss Scarlet (Hicks)
Professor Peacock (Pompeo)
Mrs. White (Conway)
Miss Peacock (Ivanka)

This is interesting.  The white power “okay” hand gesture was originally a hoax. But we’ve seen members of the alt right use it. Supposedly it’s meant to troll the left.  I’m not sure if using a symbol people have come to regard as “white power” is really a shot at the left.  Seems more like a confirmation of the people using it. 

So the second time this guys law clerk has used this on TV during the hearings.  Is she trolling? Is she sending a white power symbol? Either way she’s an idiot and highly unprofessional.  And making a farce of her boss 

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This is interesting.  The white power “okay” hand gesture was originally a hoax. But we’ve seen members of the alt right use it. Supposedly it’s meant to troll the left.  I’m not sure if using a symbol people have come to regard as “white power” is really a shot at the left.  Seems more like a confirmation of the people using it. 

So the second time this guys law clerk has used this on TV during the hearings.  Is she trolling? Is she sending a white power symbol? Either way she’s an idiot and highly unprofessional.  And making a farce of her boss 

The first time she did it, I thought it was a stretch to suggest she did it on purpose. Maybe she did but highly unlikely. 

This time she's obviously trolling. Ridiculous to do so during these hearings. 

43 minutes ago, JCon said:

The first time she did it, I thought it was a stretch to suggest she did it on purpose. Maybe she did but highly unlikely. 

This time she's obviously trolling. Ridiculous to do so during these hearings. 

You can’t really make that sign accidentally. She did it on purpose both times. Question is why? Is she just an immature unprofessional troll?   She’s not doing her boss any favours? Or has the symbol actually become a sign of the white nationalist movement? 

Oh and...ummmmm trump can’t tell the truth so he can’t be questioned. Hmmm