US Politics

Rich

18 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So now trump adds “statement from the White House” to his tweets to make them sound more important. Read this and tell me it wasn’t just randomly written by trump or an idiot. 

trump or idiot? one in the same, no?

I am still wrapping my head around trump using The Purge Election Year's tag line as his 2020 re-election slogan...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzVXWokFMR95ZFLork90N

I just don't understand what has happened to all the conservatives down south. Where have they gone? I don't even see them fighting for seats anymore. All I see are a bunch of Trumpist nutters. It's so much worse than the tea-baggers before them. 

I know a bunch have abandoned the party, hoping it collapses, to be replaced with a newly refreshed GOP but that can't account for all of them. 

I also realize that not all mid-term elections are being covered and talked about the same, with only the Trumpists getting the attention. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I just don't understand what has happened to all the conservatives down south. Where have they gone? I don't even see them fighting for seats anymore. All I see are a bunch of Trumpist nutters. It's so much worse than the tea-baggers before them. 

I know a bunch have abandoned the party, hoping it collapses, to be replaced with a newly refreshed GOP but that can't account for all of them. 

I also realize that not all mid-term elections are being covered and talked about the same, with only the Trumpists getting the attention. 

The crazies took over the republican party. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Those that abandon the party should vote democrat en mass. Probably against everything they believe. But it would end the trumping of the GOP pretty fast If both houses went to the Dems and the White House in 2020

There are some Never-Trumpers that I follow on Twitter that are doing just that. Their hope is that the Dems take the House and destroy the mutated-GOP, leaving room for true conservatives to come back. 

That's just a tiny sample size and I would have expected the true conservatives to be out there and much more vocal. Maybe there are not that many true conservatives out there? 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

There are some Never-Trumpers that I follow on Twitter that are doing just that. Their hope is that the Dems take the House and destroy the mutated-GOP, leaving room for true conservatives to come back. 

That's just a tiny sample size and I would have expected the true conservatives to be out there and much more vocal. Maybe there are not that many true conservatives out there? 

What is a true conservative?

For that matter, what is a true Democrat?

I always thought voters we mostly Shades of purple. And depending on the platform and leader that would be how they would vote.

14 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

What is a true conservative?

For that matter, what is a true Democrat?

I always thought voters we mostly Shades of purple. And depending on the platform and leader that would be how they would vote.

A true conservative would be someone who believes in small government, small taxes, less intrusion into the economy, including removing barriers to trade. Free market. 

I'm not saying a true Republican because I think we're seeing those down south. I think true conservatives have lived with an uneasy partnership with the Republican party for a long time but are now being silenced. 

Edited by JCon

What a stunning rebuke of the current Presidency delivered by John McCain’s daughter Meghan during his eulogy. Never thought I’d see a funeral used as a place for character assassination against a sitting Commander-in-Chief. Guess McCain didn’t care for the “my heroes don’t get shot down and captured “ jab during the campaign. The times we live in. 

On 2018-09-02 at 8:52 AM, TrueBlue4ever said:

What a stunning rebuke of the current Presidency delivered by John McCain’s daughter Meghan during his eulogy. Never thought I’d see a funeral used as a place for character assassination against a sitting Commander-in-Chief. Guess McCain didn’t care for the “my heroes don’t get shot down and captured “ jab during the campaign. The times we live in. 

Senator McCain's last act as a patriot.  And well thought out as anyone else doing it would be attacked in return but how do you attack the daughter of a hero who just died?  

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There really is no excuse to ram it through considering the President is an unindicted co-conspirator in a federal crime.

Of course there is an excuse. It’s “The GOP has the numbers and can manipulate the system to get their guy in”. It’s the same excuse for denying/stonewalling Obama’s pick for a year under the pretence of “can’t allow a pick in an election year, should be a ballot issue”.

Oh, you wanted a GOOD excuse.....

If Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes away (can’t Imagine her retiring with Trump in power, even if she is 84), it is quite astounding to think that 33% of the highest court in the country for the next 30-40 years could be shaped by Donald Trump. And a sad indictment of both the US court and political systems that a supposedly non-political body is seen as acting in such a partisan manner depending on who sits on it.