US Politics

Rich

Mr. Kim said his country would never follow the path of Libya and Iraq, which he said met a “miserable fate” at the hands of “big powers.”

Rice: American Secretary of State under G W. Bush. A few years later Kadhafi was overthrown, and killed, by USA, France, Britain. 

Kim is evil, but not stupid.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Sure seems like people associated with Trump, be it family or people employed by him are either incompetent or stupid, but for the most part they are all crooked and the noose is getting tighter.

Is it though? In a sane logical world maybe yes, but nowadays, seems just another Wednesday.

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Is it though? In a sane logical world maybe yes, but nowadays, seems just another Wednesday.

Trump has had so many scandals that, had they happened to Obama, any one of which would have been career threatening. 

The sheer abundance of insanity around trump has sort of changed the standard. For the worse. 

Ii wonder if there's an opening here for Assange to save himself.

Tin foil hat..... Might be why Ecuador is thinking of booting him out. 

Raise the pressure on him to reveal his source(s) etc. Make a deal to avoid going to the USA under extradition.

Saw Trump just now, since Kim threw the wrench in the works...

Trump gave the appearance of melting down in public now.

Could blow any day. 

Edited by Mark F

30 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Ii wonder if there's an opening here for Assange to save himself.

Tin foil hat..... Might be why Ecuador is thinking of booting him out. 

Raise the pressure on him to reveal his source(s) etc. Make a deal to avoid going to the USA under extradition.

Saw Trump just now, since Kim threw the wrench in the works...

Trump gave the appearance of melting down in public now.

Could blow any day. 

Like when Hillary collapsed on the campaign trail?  Keep dreaming!

what's gonna blow first the volcano in Hawaii, or Trump? Can you bet on that somewhere?

21 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Like when Hillary collapsed on the campaign trail?  Keep dreaming!

Hillary who? Who is the Hillary person? 

Edited by Mark F

Hmmmm

there has been much speculation about who leaked the confidential documents, and the Treasury Department’s inspector general has launched a probe to find the source. That source, a law-enforcement official, is speaking publicly for the first time, to The New Yorker, to explain the motivation: the official had grown alarmed after being unable to find two important reports on Cohen’s financial activity in a government database. The official, worried that the information was being withheld from law enforcement, released the remaining documents.

The report also refers to two previous suspicious-activity reports, or sars, that the bank had filed, which documented even larger flows of questionable money into Cohen’s account. Those two reports detail more than three million dollars in additional transactions—triple the amount in the report released last week. Which individuals or corporations were involved remains a mystery. But, according to the official who leaked the report, these sars were absent from the database maintained by the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, or fincen. The official, who has spent a career in law enforcement, told me, “I have never seen something pulled off the system. . . . That system is a safeguard for the bank. It’s a stockpile of information. When something’s not there that should be, I immediately became concerned.” The official added, “That’s why I came forward.”

The other opinion is that a president CAN be indicted but likely not tried until out of office. 

Washington (CNN)Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Connecticut, says he thinks President Donald Trump could be indicted, despite Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani expressing otherwise. 

"The President is not above the law, and an indictment -- if that's the course that Robert Mueller chooses to go -- I believe would be upheld by the courts," Blumenthal said on CNN's "The Situation Room."

12 hours ago, Atomic said:

I'm sure Blumenthal would love that.  He has his eyes on the presidency and he's not beating Trump!

As I read other opinions, he's probably correct in that Trump *could* be indicted.  But he would not be tried while President.  The Supreme Court has never weighed in (Nixon resigned before they would have had to) but I cant imagine they'd allow it.  But if Mueller find indictable offenses were committed by Trump, I imagine he'd not indict.  He'd refer it back to Rosenstein and let the DOJ decide.

It would almost assuredly result in Impeachment in the House (especially if the Dems win control this year).  Its hard to imagine the Senate convicting though.  But you never know, if the GOP majority wants to wash its hands of trump, or if the offenses are really nasty, they might turn on him.

There is a feeling some of the work being done at the State level might be to pardon-proof certain people.  The President?  Maybe.  Its also possible nothing happens until he's out of office.  He could also be named as an unindicted co-conspirator.  Which isnt something you want if you're the President.

26 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Except trumpers when they need a scapegoat or to deflect. 

There's no shortage of good options for that on the left!

And we're going to remember this when the Democrats get back in office, start causing problems, and every second sentence from their defenders starts with "Yeah but Trump...."

30 minutes ago, Atomic said:

There's no shortage of good options for that on the left!

And we're going to remember this when the Democrats get back in office, start causing problems, and every second sentence from their defenders starts with "Yeah but Trump...."

Well yeah, but trump...

In all seriousness though... the amount of shtty things HRC pales in comparison to the MOUNTAINOUS amount of **** with long lasting  damage that  Trump has done and will continue to do. So yeah, trump's name will keep coming up for awhile.