US Politics

Rich

On 2022-09-27 at 4:46 PM, Tracker said:

Be grateful you are not living int he US. Several couples and friend who used to snowbird have not gone south for several years due to the miasma that Donald Trump and his ilk created there and has not left.

My son in-law  is/ was an American living now as a resident in Canada and will never return. His brother lives in Asia and will never return.  Their Democratic voting  parents had retired and moved from Oregon to Arizona. They have now sold their dream retirement property and have moved to Mexico because of the insanity in Arizona.

FFS stop printing 'journalistic' articles that cover idiots who supported the election fraud drivel but now are recanting for obvious reasons. 

Just stop and do your job as journalists not influenced by the color red or blue but influenced by reporting what's really going on here.

Yea I know, the 'news' is bought and paid for and these 'journalists' are just doing what they are told.

Whatever, then someone with balls, some influence and a teflon shield needs to expose this stupid game being played. 

THIS IS A DISGRACE!  JUDGE DEARIE IS NOT A PROPER SPECIAL MASTER.   HE IS JUST A SICK AND TWISTED PLAYER IN THIS GREAT WITCH HUNT AGAINST ME!! THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IS FULL OF CRAZY AND CROOKED LEFTIST RINOs, WHO ARE TRAMPLING ON ME AND TRUE AMERICAN VALUES!!  WE NEED TO FUND THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENCE, AGAINST THIS WEAPONIZED JUSTICE DEPARTMENT. 

WITH ENOUGH MONEY, I WILL USE IT TO HIRE A SUPER SPECIAL MASTER, WHO WILL DECLASSIFY THOSE DOCUMENTS WITH MY MIND, TO DO THE RIGHT THING, AND EXPOSE THIS HOAX!

DJT

1 hour ago, do or die said:

THIS IS A DISGRACE!  JUDGE DEARIE IS NOT A PROPER SPECIAL MASTER.   HE IS JUST A SICK AND TWISTED PLAYER IN THIS GREAT WITCH HUNT AGAINST ME!! THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IS FULL OF CRAZY AND CROOKED LEFTIST RINOs, WHO ARE TRAMPLING ON ME AND TRUE AMERICAN VALUES!!  WE NEED TO FUND THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENCE, AGAINST THIS WEAPONIZED JUSTICE DEPARTMENT. 

WITH ENOUGH MONEY, I WILL USE IT TO HIRE A SUPER SPECIAL MASTER, WHO WILL DECLASSIFY THOSE DOCUMENTS WITH MY MIND, TO DO THE RIGHT THING, AND EXPOSE THIS HOAX!

DJT

If I read this pre 2016, my reaction, wow that’s over the top parody.

Reading it now, my reaction, why isn’t there quotes on this, where was this pulled from and when did this nutbar write this latest drivel.

What a world we currently live in.

Watchdog publishes 'staggering' list of Donald Trump's 55 'credibly accused' criminal offenses

A nonpartisan federal government watchdog has updated its list of “uncharged” criminal offenses it says Donald Trump stands “credibly accused” of committing, and is urging the Dept. of Justice to prosecute them, warning that “the rule of law is not self-enforcing.”

“As of September 2022, Donald Trump has been credibly accused of committing at least 55 criminal offenses since he launched his campaign for president in 2015,” reports Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, better known as CREW. “That total only reflects allegations relating to his time in or running for office and omits, for instance, Trump’s criminal exposure for fraudulent business dealings.”

https://www.alternet.org/2022/09/watchdog-staggering-donald-trump-accusations/

Just being pissy here knowing he isn't accountable for this but what excuse would Garland offer for Cannon's inexcusable behaviour?

My guess is Garland would be the first person to provide frustrating rationale to excuse away her behaviour. I need people like Garland and people from the Judiciary to look inward and acknowledge and commit to fixing the the box they live in and less of trotting out blanket statements of the 'we operate by the rule of law and no one is above it' bullshit. It's time to challenge this line in a more impactful way. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Just being pissy here knowing he isn't accountable for this but what excuse would Garland offer for Cannon's inexcusable behaviour?

My guess is Garland would be the first person to provide frustrating rationale to excuse away her behaviour. I need people like Garland and people from the Judiciary to look inward and acknowledge and commit to fixing the the box they live in and less of trotting out blanket statements of the 'we operate by the rule of law and no one is above it' bullshit. It's time to challenge this line in a more impactful way. 

This is a minefield. The judiciary needs a significant degree of insulation and independence from the political storms that come and go. However, in the case of Trump and his co-conspirators, there appears to have been a deliberate plan to saturate the judiciary with appointees who re willing to betray their oaths of appointment to repay for undeserved and incompetent promotions. The remedy is for congress and the Senate to impeach, but that seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

This is a minefield. The judiciary needs a significant degree of insulation and independence from the political storms that come and go. However, in the case of Trump and his co-conspirators, there appears to have been a deliberate plan to saturate the judiciary with appointees who re willing to betray their oaths of appointment to repay for undeserved and incompetent promotions. The remedy is for congress and the Senate to impeach, but that seems unlikely.

Sure but not if they’re abusing that insulation and independence.

"Two far-right pundits are spewing baseless a conspiracy theory about "weather manipulation" — claiming that Hurricane Ian was created by the so-called Deep State to target Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and other GOP-led states as "punishment."

The comments were made by DeAnna Lorraine and Lauren Witzke, both former GOP congressional candidates, according to The Independent and RightWing Watch, a group that monitors right-wing activity. 

"We understand that the 'deep state,' they have weather manipulation technology," Lorraine said on her Telegram show, per a clip posted by the group on Friday, referring to the hurricane that struck the Sunshine State. 

"These huge hurricanes always seem to target red states, red districts, and always at a convenient time — typically right before elections," she added. "Or, in this case, possibly because Ron DeSantis has been stepping out of line a lot and challenging, fighting the 'deep state." "

no bottom.

I'm not surprised that there are so many mindless people in the States, and apparently neither are the hucksters that are spreading lies and conspiracy theories laughing all the way to the bank. Trump set up the template proving any moron could easily pick your pocket clean and keep coming back for more

42 minutes ago, Tracker said:

We should be prepared for more and more weird allegations from an increasingly isolated and desperate GOP.

you know, I posted this exact thing in jest, on the discussion about ian.... warming thread, not realizing that it wasnt comedy.

but when there are people this stupid, anything is possible:

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

We should be prepared for more and more weird allegations from an increasingly isolated and desperate GOP.

And there is nothing structurally in place  to punish and deter. 

Blue checkers on Twitter writing their prose to shame and expose these people does nothing. In fact, it does the opposite, ie the nutbars use it to their advantage. Just a cycle of **** while people like Garland and crew talk spew their empty words of law and order.

GOP Consultant: Trump Is Deranged, Unhinged, a Danger to Others

During a round table discussion on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Republican Party campaign consultant Scott Jennings went off on Donald Trump in a manner that one rarely hears from Republicans. Of course, this hasn’t been a normal Trump week. Trump has never threatened someone by saying that the person had a DEATH WISH as Trump did with respect to the most powerful Republican Senator in modern history, Mitch McConnell.

Jennings said: “It’s hard to know where to start, with the assassination instructions or the blatant racism.

No, start with the “assassination instructions,” because Trump showed his racism moments after coming down the escalator.

“If you read that whole thing out loud, if you were on the street and heard someone muttering that on a street corner, you wouldn’t say, ‘Hmm, let’s hand this person the presidency or the Republican nomination for president.  You’d say call 911 because it sounds like an unhinged, deranged person is on the loose and out on the street and may be a danger to themselves and others.”

And then Jennings really hit his stride:  “It’s outrageous, beyond the pale. Every Republican ought to be able to say so. It’s not good for the party. It’s not good for him.  On the right, right now, it is really in vogue to pass around clips of Joe Biden looking like he’s confused or sort of out of it, whatever. You tell me that [Trump’s post] doesn’t sound like deranged, unhinged, confused, whatever — it’s the same. If you want to say these things about Joe Biden, look at Donald Trump’s words right now and tell me this guy sounds like he’s got his stuff together.”

Trump wanted to display Superman shirt after being discharged from hospital for COVID: Haberman book

This Tuesday, October 4 is the official release date for New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman’s new book, “Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America.” Excerpts from the book have been widely reported, and one of the anecdotes being reported by Axios involves Trump’s desire to display the Superman logo when he was discharged from Walter Reed Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland in October 2020.

During his 2020 campaign, Trump downplayed the seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic — as he feared it would hurt his chances of being reelected. But in October 2020, Trump tested positive for COVID-19 and was hospitalized at Reed.
In “Confidence Man,” Haberman describes Trump’s idea, reporting, “(He) would be wheeled out of Walter Reed in a chair and, once outdoors, he would dramatically stand up, then open his button-down dress shirt to reveal (a) Superman logo beneath it. Trump was so serious about it that he called the campaign headquarters to instruct an aide, Max Miller, to procure the Superman shirts; Miller was sent to a Virginia big-box store.”

According to Haberman, Trump’s idea was inspired by the King of Soul, James Brown, as well as professional wrestling. But Trump ended up abandoning the idea.

Trump attorney lawyers up — and says she’s willing to cooperate with DOJ in Mar-a-Lago case: report

At least one member of former President Donald Trump's legal team has hired her own attorney — and allies are urging another to follow suit, according to The Washington Post.

Trump attorneys Christina Bobb and Evan Corcoran affirmed to the Justice Department that Trump had handed over all classified records from his Mar-a-Lago residence in response to a May subpoena. But prosecutors said their response was "incomplete" after the FBI searched and found more documents at Mar-a-Lago and cited evidence of "obstructive conduct" in response to the subpoena.
Bobb has since hired her own lawyer, Florida-based former prosecutor John Lauro, and "made it known to Trump allies that she is willing to cooperate and be interviewed by the Justice Department," according to the Post. And colleagues have similarly urged Corcoran to hire a criminal defense lawyer because of his response to the subpoena, according to the report, but he has insisted it is not necessary.

Asked if she was negotiating to sit for an interview with the DOJ, Bobb told the outlet, "I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to talk about it."

Bobb signed a document affirming that Trump handed over "all documents that are responsive to the subpoena" after a "diligent search." Corcoran then met with DOJ officials and made a similar statement. Investigators ultimately found more evidence that there were additional documents at Mar-a-Lago and secured a warrant to search the premises in August.

https://www.alternet.org/2022/10/christina-bobb/

Marjorie Taylor Greene Falsely Claims That Democrats Are Murdering Republicans

There is free speech, and then there is speech that incites and foments rage and violence. These MAGAs are drifting far more toward the latter. On the same night that Trump told his rallygoers in Warren, Michigan, that the Democrats want him in prison “because they’re sick” (This coming from a man who won office on “Lock her up”), Marjorie Taylor Greene told an audience that Democrats are killing Republicans

From The Insider:.......................

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene deceptively claimed at a rally for former President Donald Trump in Warren, Michigan, on Saturday that Democrats are murdering Republicans. “I’m not going to mince words with you all,” Greene said. “Democrats want Republicans dead. They’ve already started the killings.”

Greene, who has repeatedly spread bizarre conspiracy theories, went on to reference a local news story to support her baseless claim that Democrats are hunting down GOP voters. “An 18-year-old was run down by a Democrat driver who confessed to killing the teenager simply because he was a Republican,” said Greene.

However, North Dakota Highway Patrol Captain Bryan Niewind told Fox News that his department’s investigations have “uncovered no evidence to support the claim” that the murder had anything to do with politics or that the victim was a Republican.

It is difficult to establish whether a random 18-year-old is a Republican, Democrat, completely agnostic, whatever.