US Politics

Rich

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Trump's Appeal Explained:

'He speaks at a very low reading level': Writer explains why Donald Trump appeals to millions

Speaking with the Daily Beast's Molly Jong-Fast for her "The New Abnormal" podcast, essayist Evan Puschak -- who founded YouTube channel Nerdwriter1 -- offered up an explanation as to why Donald Trump is able to convince so many of his followers to swallow his lies no matter how outrageous.

On the morning after the former president held yet another rally, this time in Pennsylvania, where he listed off his usual litany of grievances about how he is treated, Puschak explained his analysis of Trump's speech patterns and choice of words that have proven to be remarkably effective with a very specific segment of the American public.
Getting right to the point he explained, "I found a couple of patterns in the way that he organized his sentences to put certain words last, the way that he speaks at a very low reading level so that lots of people can understand.”

Explaining what compelled him to attempt an analysis of Trump's rhetoric and put together a video on it, Puschak told his host, "I was kind of just interested in why this guy was connecting with people. I saw this question that he answered on Jimmy Kimmel, which he didn’t really answer, you know, the way Trump speaks, [but] he gave this two-minute response, not quite an answer, and I just started looking at the language that he was using. I just looked at it and picked it apart piece by piece until I found some patterns and made the video about it.”

Responding to Jong-Fast asking, "Wait, so you think he’s not actually as stupid as he presents?" Puschak disagreed.

"No, I think he is,” he replied.

I think they see him like this and they really like it

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Trump's Appeal Explained:

'He speaks at a very low reading level': Writer explains why Donald Trump appeals to millions

Speaking with the Daily Beast's Molly Jong-Fast for her "The New Abnormal" podcast, essayist Evan Puschak -- who founded YouTube channel Nerdwriter1 -- offered up an explanation as to why Donald Trump is able to convince so many of his followers to swallow his lies no matter how outrageous.

On the morning after the former president held yet another rally, this time in Pennsylvania, where he listed off his usual litany of grievances about how he is treated, Puschak explained his analysis of Trump's speech patterns and choice of words that have proven to be remarkably effective with a very specific segment of the American public.
Getting right to the point he explained, "I found a couple of patterns in the way that he organized his sentences to put certain words last, the way that he speaks at a very low reading level so that lots of people can understand.”

Explaining what compelled him to attempt an analysis of Trump's rhetoric and put together a video on it, Puschak told his host, "I was kind of just interested in why this guy was connecting with people. I saw this question that he answered on Jimmy Kimmel, which he didn’t really answer, you know, the way Trump speaks, [but] he gave this two-minute response, not quite an answer, and I just started looking at the language that he was using. I just looked at it and picked it apart piece by piece until I found some patterns and made the video about it.”

Responding to Jong-Fast asking, "Wait, so you think he’s not actually as stupid as he presents?" Puschak disagreed.

"No, I think he is,” he replied.

I think it's more twofold: 1) He ridicules, threatens, mocks, lies about varying types people that knuckle draggers absolutely enjoy and get really pumped up about: 2) His hateful soul mirrors their hateful soul.

99.9 percent of us think we are overall good decent people and it's 'those people' that are hateful, immoral and bad. This so called Maga movement has really underscored this.

At some point sooner than later we need a clear decision on this.

19 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think it's more twofold: 1) He ridicules, threatens, mocks, lies about varying types people that knuckle draggers absolutely enjoy and get really pumped up about: 2) His hateful soul mirrors their hateful soul.

99.9 percent of us think we are overall good decent people and it's 'those people' that are hateful, immoral and bad. This so called Maga movement has really underscored this.

At some point sooner than later we need a clear decision on this.

He's targeting the least educated and those with the least capability for critical thinking. He's telling them that they know more than the educated/woke people and that makes them feel good. Especially the ones that have been near the bottom of society and likely grew up facing some ridicule and low self-belief for their lack of intelligence. Telling people they are smarter and more deserving than others is a powerful force and it makes easy followers when the leader is telling you that you are superior. We see the same strategy and target audience with PP in Canada.

Trump Tries To Overthrow The Government In Response To Special Master Ruling

Trump wrote on Truth Social, “Now that the FBI and DOJ have been caught in a massive and determinative Election Rigging Scam, are they going to change the results of the 2020 Presidential Election? They should!!!”

Election rigging scam? Trump thinks that the search of Mar-a-Lago because he stole classified documents is a plot to rig the 2024 election.  Donald Trump lost the 2020 election, and that loss bothers him every single day of his life. It follows him around during his every waking moment.  Trump’s life and legacy are defined by the fact that he lost on the biggest election stage in the entire world.

The former president knows deep down inside that he can’t win with the voters, so he keeps looking for ways to be restored to power without the consent of a majority of the governed.

As President Biden honors workers on this Labor Day and makes the holiday about others, Donald Trump is still trying to overthrow the government because inhabiting the Oval Office might be his only ticket.

https://www.politicususa.com/2022/09/05/trump-labor-day-overthrow-government.html

On 2022-09-02 at 9:56 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

His followers are ready to go. Just waiting for the final word from him. Graham was the first to sound the alarm to get them ready. I wonder if Feinstein gave him a hug after that comment. 

I agree with the environmental/parental influence for sure, but I think you are underestimating what role genetics will have here. That Trump bloodline aint right. 

Science hit harder than a meteor on this guy

New Video Shows Election Deniers Accessed Elections Office In Georgia

New footage shows Cathy Latham, a GOP county official who is under investigation for posing as a fake elector for Donald Trump, accompanying two operatives working for a Trump lawyer and entering Coffee County’s elections office on Jan. 7, 2021 — the same day a voting machine was breached there.

The existence of the video was reported by CNN and The Washington Post.

The video shows the Trump campaign’s efforts to unearth evidence of voter fraud as it sought to overturn the result of the 2020 presidential election.
The two operatives seen in the video, Scott Hall and Paul Maggio, have admitted they accessed a voting machine in the county at the request of Sidney Powell, one of Trump’s lawyers, according to CNN.

Latham has previously testified she made only a brief appearance at the elections office after teaching a full day at school, according to The Post.

But court documents cited by CNN revealed Latham was involved in planning for a visit by a team led by Maggio. Latham is the subject of two probes: The Fulton County district attorney’s investigation into Trump’s efforts to overturn the election result in Georgia, and a Justice Department one looking at the fake electors scheme, in which 16 Republicans signed certificates declaring Trump the rightful winner of the 2020 election.

Fani Willis, the Fulton County district attorney, is looking to hear from Powell too, according to The Associated Press. In her petition seeking Powell’s testimony, Willis said the Trump lawyer was involved in “exploring options to influence the results of the November 2020 elections in Georgia and elsewhere.”

Maggio wrote to Powell on Jan. 7, 2021, to let her know they were headed to Coffee County “to collect what we can from the Election/Voting machines and systems,” according to the AP.

Maggio followed up with Powell the next day to say “everything went smoothly” with their data collection, which reportedly included photos of an election management system server, the AP said. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has also launched a probe into this case.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/video-election-deniers-georgia_n_63173eb7e4b0eac9f4d034df

Hundreds of Law Enforcement, Military Part of Jan. 6-Linked Oath Keepers: Report.  Over 3,300 signed up for the far-right extremist group in Texas while New York State had the most law enforcement join, a new report says.

The names of hundreds of U.S. law enforcement officers, elected officials and military members appear on the leaked membership rolls of a far-right extremist group that’s accused of playing a key role in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol, according to a report released Wednesday.

The Anti-Defamation League Center on Extremism pored over more than 38,000 names on leaked Oath Keepers membership lists and identified more than 370 people it believes currently work in law enforcement agencies — including as police chiefs and sheriffs — and more than 100 people who are currently members of the military.
It also identified more than 80 people who were running for or served in public office as of early August. The membership information was compiled into a database published by the transparency collective Distributed Denial of Secrets.

The data raises fresh concerns about the presence of extremists in law enforcement and the military who are tasked with enforcing laws and protecting the U.S. It’s especially problematic for public servants to be associated with extremists at a time when lies about the 2020 election are fueling threats of violence against lawmakers and institutions.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/oath-keepers-law-enforcement-military-roll_n_631859a3e4b027aa405614d5

Judge: Employers Don't Have To Cover HIV Meds If They Oppose 'Homosexual Behavior'

A federal judge in Texas ruled Friday that requiring employers to provide coverage for PrEP medications ― which prevent the transmission of HIV ― violates the religious rights of employers under federal law.

U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor said that the Religious Freedom Restoration Act provides a religious exemption from purchasing health insurance that complies with the Department of Health and Human Services’ preventive care mandate under the Affordable Care Act, which requires PrEP coverage.

O’Connor said the government must provide this religious exemption to eight defendants ― six individuals and two businesses ― who claim that being required to provide such insurance coverage violates their “sincerely held” Christian and “non-religious” beliefs rejecting “homosexual behavior, intravenous drug use, and sexual activity outside of marriage between one man and one woman.”

By requiring them to provide insurance that covers PrEP, as well as the HPV vaccine and sex education, the government “would make [them] complicit in those behaviors,” O’Connor concluded.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/judge-employers-hiv-drugs-religious-rights_n_6318c376e4b0ed021dedcc8c

( This really angers me. I had a friend who was not gay but a hemophiliac and contracted HIV through factor 8 transfusions, eventually dying of it far too soon. I also have a grandson with it. How can humans be this monstrous?)

Report: Dr. Oz Paid Actors To Dress In Prison Jumpsuits And Campaign For Him

Former TV doctor-turned-Senate candidate Dr. Mehmet Oz is reportedly paying actors to try and get voters to like him.

Oz, the Republican opponent of Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, has hired people to “play the role of a felon” and hold up signs to mock his Democratic rival, Newsweek reported.

Colin Matthews wrote in an Instagram post last week that the Oz campaign hired him to support Fetterman as a convicted felon and he couldn’t “believe how many idiots thought I was legit out of jail.”

The move appears to be part of a stunt for the Oz campaign. Brittany Yanick, the campaign’s communications director, even shared a tweet about an “Inmates for Fetterman” initiative from reporter Justin Sweitzer last week.

Oz has called his opponent “soft on crime” during the campaign but, as Factcheck.org noted, the claim stretches the facts.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dr-oz-reportedly-paid-actors-campaign_n_63181182e4b0eac9f4d16472

I heard an interview , msnbc radio, of Mike Pence advisor re the handling of classified documents in trump whitehouse.

she found classified documents leftin the women's washroom, at the Whitehouse.

the brilliant Ivanka probably.

astonishing that Trump is not in jail.

who did he sell to?  maybe,

1. Putin.

2. Saudi Arabia

3. Israel

4. North Korea.

or.... one or both of, India/Pakistan.

I dont think the Americans will find out the truth.

there might well be a death sentence for this for anyone else. certainly life in jail, and dead broke.

Edited by Mark F

In an MSNBC segment today, the host reported that Trump appointed that particular judge well after he lost the election and she was appointed into the jurisdiction where Mar-A-Lago is situated and thus has jurisdiction over any actions there. That included civil and criminal court cases. Moreover, there are a total of some 13,000 documents that have been ordered by this judge which need to be reviewed page by page by the "special master" who, according to the judge's ruling must be experienced in relevant jurisprudence AND have ultra high-level security clearance AND must be approved by both Trump's lawyers and the DOJ.

The bottom line: this is going to take months if not years and will probably delay criminal indictments against Trump long enough for him to theoretically run for and be re-elected to the White house, thereby protecting him from prosecution so long that his actions will be staledated and forgotten.

Oh, and by the way, she also ruled that the DOJ cannot use the documents and the way they were stored as evidence in any prosecution or even investigation until ALL her requirements are satisfied.

Tracker said 

"Donald Trump lost the 2020 election, and that loss bothers him every single day of his life. It follows him around during his every waking moment.  Trump’s life and legacy are defined by the fact that he lost on the biggest election stage in the entire world "

Lol, that's my happy thought for the day.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

In an MSNBC segment today, the host reported that Trump appointed that particular judge well after he lost the election and she was appointed into the jurisdiction where Mar-A-Lago is situated and thus has jurisdiction over any actions there. That included civil and criminal court cases. Moreover, there are a total of some 13,000 documents that have been ordered by this judge which need to be reviewed page by page by the "special master" who, according to the judge's ruling must be experienced in relevant jurisprudence AND have ultra high-level security clearance AND must be approved by both Trump's lawyers and the DOJ.

The bottom line: this is going to take months if not years and will probably delay criminal indictments against Trump long enough for him to theoretically run for and be re-elected to the White house, thereby protecting him from prosecution so long that his actions will be staledated and forgotten.

Oh, and by the way, she also ruled that the DOJ cannot use the documents and the way they were stored as evidence in any prosecution or even investigation until ALL her requirements are satisfied.

I assume no appeal on this bogus ruling?

I'm guessing the DOJ will play the game of lets find a special master while Trumps team will put forth Rudy Colludy as their choice. Talk that this judge has over stepped her bounds and it might trigger an investigation after the Trump mess is all sorted out. Hope her career was worth it if they find out any shenanigans were going on between her and Trump's team.

'They will have to kill me first': Steve Bannon reacts to being indicted in New York over border wall scam

Steve Bannon had harsh words on Tuesday evening after The Washington Post reported he was making arrangements to surrender himself to Manhattan D.A. Alvin Bragg.

"Stephen K. Bannon is expected to surrender to state prosecutors on Thursday to face a new criminal indictment, people familiar with the matter said, weeks after he was convicted of contempt of Congress and nearly two years after he received a federal pardon from President Donald Trump in a federal fraud case," the newspaper reported. "The precise details of the state case could not be confirmed Tuesday evening. But people familiar with the situation, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sealed indictment, suggested the prosecution will likely mirror aspects of the federal case in which Bannon was pardoned."
Bannon allegedly profited by $1 million in the "We Build the Wall" scheme after Mexico refused to pay for Trump's border wall.

"Just days after being swatted three different times by deranged thugs from New York City inspired to be the Biden administration to assassinate me by police, the Soros-backed DA has now decided to pursue phony charges against me 60 days before the midterm election because WarRoom is the major source of the MAGA grassroots movement,' Bannon argued.

"The SDNY did the exact same thing in August 2020 to try to take me out of the election. It didn't work then, it certainly won't work now. This is nothing more than a partisan political weaponization of the criminal justice system," Bannon argued.

He predicted the charges would be good news for his podcast.

"They are coming after all of us, not only President Trump and myself. I am never going to stop fighting," Bannon vowed. "In fact, I have not yet begun to fight. They will have to kill me first."