US Politics

Rich

6 hours ago, wpgallday1960 said:

I think Kari Lake will win the GOP gubernatorial nod in Arizona.  I can't tell if she's really nuts or is just being "Fake Lake".  Apparently she supported Obama in 2012.

no morals, no values,  except pursuit of  power, money, fame. commonplace... like:

Sinema began her political career in the Arizona Green Party and rose to prominence for her progressive advocacy, supporting causes such as LGBT rightsand opposing the war on terror. She left the Green Party to join the Arizona Democratic Party in 2004 and was elected to a seat in the United States House of Representatives in 2012. After her election, she joined the New Democrat Coalition, the Blue Dog Coalition and the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus, amassing one of the most conservative voting records in the Democratic caucus.[1

we have them  too.

Edited by Mark F

thinking back on the way things have been in the USA, over my life....

really, is the last few years all that different?

1962, they almost started a nuclear war. Kennedy. the "good " guy. who was assasinated.

they have always been nuts.

9 hours ago, Mark F said:

thinking back on the way things have been in the USA, over my life....

really, is the last few years all that different?

1962, they almost started a nuclear war. Kennedy. the "good " guy. who was assasinated.

they have always been nuts.

The last 10 years have certainly been more openly divisive but the same undercurrents have always been present.  Historically the US has never been the bright light of liberty it claims to be, considering the authors of the US Constitution allowed slavery to continue and of the first 12 U.S. presidents, eight were actual slave owners. 

Edited by Fatty Liver

15 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

The last 10 years have certainly been more openly divisive

more op ely divisive maybe cause in the fifties, and earlier,  women, blacks, non christians were lower class, powerless, propertyless, knew it, and accepted it, however reluctantly.

and now these groups are resisting the efforts to go back to that.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I'm not sure why... but this actually makes me happy...

Very entertaining and revealing- click for full thread... 

I know exactly why this makes me happy. Arrogance combined with ignorance is a character trait I cannot stand, and comeuppance for those people is the most delicious form of schaudenfraude.

This contemptible excuse for a human being has made a very profitable living based on lies, deceit, inflammatory rhetoric, and has bullied and tormented the victims of a horrible national and more importantly personal tragedy for them with zero remorse. Now that he is found liable he is playing a shell game with bankruptcy hearings to cover his ass and avoid the consequences of his own actions. Now caught lying again without a doubt, because of a screw-up, and exposing how much his media empire has actually made, which he tried so hard to cover up. Willful misconduct and perjury, I hope they hang him high and then bury him so deep he never surfaces again. 

Also curious if any January 6 texts that have gone “missing” are connected to his phone messages? That would be something else!

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I know exactly why this makes me happy. Arrogance combined with ignorance is a character trait I cannot stand, and comeuppance for those people is the most delicious form of schaudenfraude.

This contemptible excuse for a human being has made a very profitable living based on lies, deceit, inflammatory rhetoric, and has bullied and tormented the victims of a horrible national and more importantly personal tragedy for them with zero remorse. Now that he is found liable he is playing a shell game with bankruptcy hearings to cover his ass and avoid the consequences of his own actions. Now caught lying again without a doubt, because of a screw-up, and exposing how much his media empire has actually made, which he tried so hard to cover up. Willful misconduct and perjury, I hope they hang him high and then bury him so deep he never surfaces again. 

Also curious if any January 6 texts that have gone “missing” are connected to his phone messages? That would be something else!

More proof that God has a sense of humour.

the podcast Knowledge Fight is plugged in with the plaintiffs' attorneys in the Alex Jones case.  There's lots of discussion in their subreddit, including posts and comments by one of the attorneys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KnowledgeFight/

caution: this is the purest source of schadenfreude I have ever encountered.  Use in moderation.

13 minutes ago, johnzo said:

the podcast Knowledge Fight is plugged in with the plaintiffs' attorneys in the Alex Jones case.  There's lots of discussion in their subreddit, including posts and comments by one of the attorneys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KnowledgeFight/

caution: this is the purest source of schadenfreude I have ever encountered.  Use in moderation.

😂

"The January 6th House committee is preparing to request the trove of Alex Jones’s text messages and emails revealed Wednesday in a defamation lawsuit filed by victims of the Sandy Hook massacre, Rolling Stone has learned.

On Wednesday, Sandy Hook victims’ attorney Mark Bankston told Jones that his attorney had mistakenly sent Bankston three years worth of the conspiracy theorist’s emails and text messages copied from his phone.

Now — a source familiar with the matter and another person briefed on it tell Rolling Stone — the January 6th committee is preparing to request that data from the plaintiff attorneys in order to aid its investigation of the insurrection. These internal deliberations among the committee, which is probing former President Donald Trump’s role in causing the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot, began within minutes of the lawyer’s revelation being heard on the trial’s livestream on Wednesday afternoon."

top notch work by Alex Jones' law firm.

Reddit post: 😂

"For anyone who isn’t aware or doesn’t remember, Alex Jones was present at that infamous January 5 “War Room” meeting at the Willard Hotel where Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, Rudy Giuliani, John Eastman, and multiple members of the Oath Keepers terrorist organization (among other lawyers and political operatives) all conspired together.

None of these people have been cooperating in any way with the Committee so far, so the Committee has received very little information (released publicly, at least) about what this group of people was talking about or planning for the next day.

These communications could quite literally be the smoking gun that brings down the entire group."

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

😂

"The January 6th House committee is preparing to request the trove of Alex Jones’s text messages and emails revealed Wednesday in a defamation lawsuit filed by victims of the Sandy Hook massacre, Rolling Stone has learned.

On Wednesday, Sandy Hook victims’ attorney Mark Bankston told Jones that his attorney had mistakenly sent Bankston three years worth of the conspiracy theorist’s emails and text messages copied from his phone.

Now — a source familiar with the matter and another person briefed on it tell Rolling Stone — the January 6th committee is preparing to request that data from the plaintiff attorneys in order to aid its investigation of the insurrection. These internal deliberations among the committee, which is probing former President Donald Trump’s role in causing the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot, began within minutes of the lawyer’s revelation being heard on the trial’s livestream on Wednesday afternoon."

top notch work by Alex Jones' law firm.

Reddit post: 😂

"For anyone who isn’t aware or doesn’t remember, Alex Jones was present at that infamous January 5 “War Room” meeting at the Willard Hotel where Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, Rudy Giuliani, John Eastman, and multiple members of the Oath Keepers terrorist organization (among other lawyers and political operatives) all conspired together.

None of these people have been cooperating in any way with the Committee so far, so the Committee has received very little information (released publicly, at least) about what this group of people was talking about or planning for the next day.

These communications could quite literally be the smoking gun that brings down the entire group."

Things are not going so well for liar Alex Jones. As families bring recordings of death threats, reports of being slaked, having to move homes, threats, and slander created by Jone's followers and his own conspiracies

On 2022-08-03 at 2:39 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Watching these guys who have been free to spread bullshit around to gullible saps suddenly find out that their bullshit doesn't fly is glorious. 

On 2022-08-03 at 5:39 PM, Mark F said:

imteresting , all of the media missed that Kansas vote, until it happened.  maybe just as well.

The anti-abortion crowd knows that they don't have popular support, so they tried to be sneaky, asking a confusing question during a low-turnout primary election and being disingenuous about what the legislature would do if the referendum passed.  It wasn't making national news, but the pro-choice people I know down here were very very aware of what was going on in Kansas. 

unfortunately for the wingers, that primary election quickly became a high-turnout election, and everyone knew the stakes: as soon as the constitutional obstacles were dealt with, the GOP supermajority in the Kansas government would've immediately imposed a comprehensive ban.

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

I am waiting for the liar in chief to pay some dues.

Yup but if I had to choose please more on the criminal side and less on the civil side as he is a master at clogging up the courts and it will drag on well after he's dead.

He needs to feel punishment while his little Grinch heart is beating.

On 2022-08-03 at 8:03 PM, Tracker said:

Things are not going so well for liar Alex Jones. As families bring recordings of death threats, reports of being slaked, having to move homes, threats, and slander created by Jone's followers and his own conspiracies

A death threat to a family that lost a child in a brutal way.

It's excruciating to try to understand what lead someone thru the trajectory of their life that they find themselves in that moment picking up a phone to do this to other human beings who lost their beautiful innocent children to evil. 

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

A death threat to a family that lost a child in a brutal way.

It's excruciating to try to understand what lead someone thru the trajectory of their life that they find themselves in that moment picking up a phone to do this to other human beings who lost their beautiful innocent children to evil. 

And this harassment of the bereaved families is no less evil than the act of killing the children. In some ways, it is more so, as the gunman may have been in the grip of a psychosis but these acts are being done in full choice, and Alex Jones ought to be locked up forever.

On 2022-08-03 at 5:39 PM, Mark F said:

@johnzo the bringer of good news...

edit: the news is not all good.  Texas has a cap on punitive damages, so it is uncertain how much Jones will be liable for.

here's some more!  you may have heard that on Thursday the Alex Jones jury hit him with $4.1M in damages.  I wasn't super impressed with that, that's like a fine, a cost of doing business if you're a sleazebag dipshit.

but today the jury awarded a further $45M in damages to the Sandy Hook parents.  For whatever reason, the Texas damages jury returns their results in a little two-day festival.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/alex-jones-sandy-hook-case-decision-1392581/

Edited by johnzo

19 hours ago, Tracker said:

And this harassment of the bereaved families is no less evil than the act of killing the children. In some ways, it is more so, as the gunman may have been in the grip of a psychosis but these acts are being done in full choice, and Alex Jones ought to be locked up forever.

I'm not a follower or a supporter of Alex Jones in anyway, but this show trial is scapegoating at it's finest, how bout they sue the manufacturer of the actual gun that was used to kill these children, or the politicians and lawmakers who made the weapons conveniently available to an unstable mind?  At least that action would be more relevant to their deaths. 

This whole trial is nothing but a national distraction, a misdirection of hate and cultural self-loathing.  The lawmakers and lobbyist who perpetrated the conditions for this massacre and have done nothing since to prevent the reoccurrence of similar events, walk away without a blemish, while a stooge like Alex Jones is pushed forward to take the fall. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

I'm not a follower or a supporter of Alex Jones in anyway, but this show trial is scapegoating at it's finest, how bout they sue the manufacturer of the actual gun that was used to kill these children, or the politicians and lawmakers who made the weapons conveniently available to an unstable mind?  At least that action would be more relevant to their deaths. 

This whole trial is nothing but a national distraction, a misdirection of hate and cultural self-loathing.  The lawmakers and lobbyist who perpetrated the conditions for this massacre and have done nothing since to prevent the reoccurrence of similar events, walk away without a blemish, while a stooge like Alex Jones is pushed forward to take the fall. 

Two separate issues.  This is not about the school shooting, it's about the ability for people like Jones to be able to spread their bullshit with zero repercussions. 

He's not responsible for the shooting but he is responsible for some of the s**t the family has had to deal with and now he's being held accountable for that.

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Two separate issues.  This is not about the school shooting, it's about the ability for people like Jones to be able to spread their bullshit with zero repercussions. 

He's not responsible for the shooting but he is responsible for some of the s**t the family has had to deal with and now he's being held accountable for that.

The guy has made hundreds of millions of dollars with his conspiracy theories and causing pain and misery for people his conspiracy theories takes aim at, he also needs to to jail for perjuring himself in court.

Apparently the right-wing politicians in the US have sat up and taken notice of the Kansas popular vote. They are now saying they will never again let abortion rights or any such thing (like same-sex marriage, contraception availability etc.) go to a public vote. They will impose whatever their diseased moralities say they should rule the masses who they disdain.