US Politics

Rich

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Nobody did anything wrong but all asked for blanket pardon's. Seriously people need to go to jail, being stupid is no excuse and Trump should never be allowed to hold office ever again.

I can totally understand why Geatz asked for a blanket pardon- and it ain't got nothing to do with the election... or trump for that matter

16 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Except nobody is defending the Democrats. Or POTUS.

violin-tiny.gif

Are you surprised no actual answer could be provided and instead it's just a persecution complex on full display?

🎶 "It's the conservative way!" 🎶

“We’ve got lots of theories. We just don’t have any evidence”. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

why must these a-holes keep giving me a reason to need the infinity guantlet?

If they are going to make it hard for women to get abortions then maybe another group of people should make it even HARDER to get a gun

Edited by iHeart

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

What horrible horrible place. 

The US is fly over state. 

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Breaking News: the SCOTUS has overturned Roe vs Wade. For the anti-abortionists, that was money well spent  and the next step will be banning the "morning after " pills and then its on to witch dunking. Sad beyond words.

SCOTUS needs to be overturned, thrown out and rebuilt from scratch by sane well adjusted people from all walks of life.

24 minutes ago, iHeart said:

If they are going to make it hard for women to get abortions then maybe another group of people should make it even HARDER to get a gun

Butbutbut...guns aren't in the Bible, so obviously they are OK in schools, malls, workplaces and so forth. Life is only valuable when it is in utero. After that you are on  your own.

Edited by Tracker

55 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I guess you missed yesterday’s SCOTUS ruling expanding gun rights. 

28 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I guess you missed yesterday’s SCOTUS ruling expanding gun rights. 

No I did hear that part and I think it's stupid. It's just a shame the public can't vote on supreme Court justices

Edited by iHeart

And the reduction of Miranda rights. Remind me again what race is the predominant one incarcerated in the US per capita?

Justice Thomas also signalling in his concurring opinion overturning Roe that it now establishes a reason to examine other settled precedent that he deems wrongly decided based on his Constitutional interpretation. Specifically names cases that protect contraception, same sex relationships, and same sex marriage. Conveniently left out the Loving decision that allows and protects interracial marriage as being a prior decision on his hit list. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

SCOTUS: Abortion, States rights is paramount and federal meddling is a vast over reach.... the states should have authority over a woman's body.

Same SCOTUS: Gun control, federal constitutional rights is paramount and State meddling is a vast over reach.... the federal government should have authority over people's safety from  gun violence.

So... States have the rights? Or does the federal government have the rights? Or does it just depend on what your ******* agenda is? 

These ******* guys... so transparent and utterly ******* shameless... 

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I refuse to visit that shithole ever again.

Why not?      

As dumb as that decision was and all the other faults the States has....   I always find it comical that people will say they will never support bad countries... and then yet buy a crap load of products being produced in USA/China and other countries that have done terrible things and who treat their own citizens in inhumane ways.    

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Why not?      

As dumb as that decision was and all the other faults the States has....   I always find it comical that people will say they will never support bad countries... and then yet buy a crap load of products being produced in USA/China and other countries that have done terrible things and who treat their own citizens in inhumane ways.    

Honestly, what do you care?

I won't go spend my money - as a tourist - in another country that's rolled back part of its human rights roughly half a century. That's not remotely the same as buying products - as a consumer - when I have little to no say in where they're made or imported by the vendors here who sell them. That's a patently absurd false equivalency.

I always find it comical when you in chime in with your grossly oversimplified and ignorant takes on complex matters.

Edited by blue_gold_84

17 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Why not?      

You're right, we cant stop all interactions with them, so we shouldn't do anything at all.....

But seriously, I banned my children from going south of the border about 5 years ago, not only because of their archaic laws but also because I don't think it's safe, yes I know that America is huge and a large part of it is not the guns and rednecks etc that is often in the media. But for me it's not at all worth even the slightest risk just for a visit.

Edited by Bigblue204

41 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I won't go spend my money - as a tourist - in another country that's rolled back part of its human rights roughly half a century. That's not remotely the same as buying products - as a consumer - when I have little to no say in where they're made or imported by the vendors here who sell them. That's a patently absurd false equivalency.

Mostly agree with you, but as a consumer we do have some power too. Some things are unavoidable and we don't have much choice, but we can certainly abstain from buying some things or choosing more ethical alternatives as well. Frequently it will cost more to follow ethical purchasing guidelines, but it definitely isn't impossible for many things. Not to mention supporting an economy of second-hand goods or sharing purchases for some items to buy less.

Consumers, as a group, can also put pressure on companies regarding ethical violations. We've seen this with palm oil plantations and forced Uighur labour among other issues.

Not exactly what I'm talking about, but these guys are somewhat related and best thing I could think of for a proactive resource atm - Corporate Knights | The Voice for Clean Capitalism.

3 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Mostly agree with you, but as a consumer we do have some power too. Some things are unavoidable and we don't have much choice, but we can certainly abstain from buying some things or choosing more ethical alternatives as well. Frequently it will cost more to follow ethical purchasing guidelines, but it definitely isn't impossible for many things. Not to mention supporting an economy of second-hand goods or sharing purchases for some items to buy less.

Consumers, as a group, can also put pressure on companies regarding ethical violations. We've seen this with palm oil plantations and forced Uighur labour among other issues.

Not exactly what I'm talking about, but these guys are somewhat related and best thing I could think of for a proactive resource atm - Corporate Knights | The Voice for Clean Capitalism.

You're absolutely right. And that's something every consumer in any country should be mindful of when making decisions related to the commodities they buy, regardless of what the commodity is.

However, from the standpoint of being a tourist/traveler, we have far more, if not all the power in decision making when it comes to the countries we choose to visit and support their respective tourism industries.

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Justice Thomas also signalling in his concurring opinion overturning Roe that it now establishes a reason to examine other settled preceden

his wife participated with vigour in a coup attempt.😂

taking a wrecking ball to their legal system. precedent gone, then nobody knows what the law is. basically law by fiat.

the epa is going to go down in flames. clean air act, auto mileage rules, any kind of environmental regulation, going to be tossed. These people 

are crazy ****.

and sadly, the dems are too flaccid to do whatever there is that they can do. impeach those on the court that lied under oath before congress. gasp! wont happen. 

I looked up.... when Roberts was nominated, 22 Democrats voted for his appointment. about half of total Dem senators who had a vote.

edit. 

"The U.S. Supreme Court was wrong to legalize interracial marriage, Indiana Sen. Mike Braun, a Republican, argued on Tuesday. 

Suggesting the historic Loving v. Virginia ruling by the Supreme Court decades ago was a case of improper judicial activism, Braun said the court should have left that decision to the individual states, including those which had already outlawed interracial marriage. "

I dont really want to travel down there. too insane.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Honestly, what do you care?

I always find it comical when you in chime in with your grossly oversimplified and ignorant takes on complex matters.

The reason I make these posts is to expose people like yourself who are a  hypocrite.  If you truly cared you wouldn't be all talk and no action.    

As a CONSUMER you can easily buy locally made products but you wont because of monetary reasons and convenience.   I guranatee you will order off Amazon and buy a tonne of products made in bad countries.   I call a spade a spade and you sir are a hypocrite

Nothing wrong with saying what America is doing is trash... but don't pretend you are Mr White Knight when you contribute to the economies of these terrible places and put on a charade that you are going to stand against them. 

The difference between you and myself is that you are a phoney and I'm honest and real.  Unfortunately being honest and real doesn't allow one to be in a safe space and in a fantasy world like yourself trying to virtue signalling everyone via message boards.  

I am fully aware of the crappy living conditions in China and other countries in which my clothing comes from and I don't revel in the fact that these people make pennies compared to us.  But I at least accept that this is how the world works and how it is for me and don't pretend that I'm Mr Good Guy and am doing my part in making those folks have a better life.   I'm honest with myself and if I were to boycott a country I wouldn't pick and choose not giving them money as a TOURIST and would go all in because I am not a hypocrite.   

Also many folks in the  States are extremely upset and are against what they have been doing,  so from you not visiting them as a tourist and possibly not helping those folks who count on tourists dollars to help their businesses survive really the better thing to do?

Ah well just my few points and maybe next time don't be so upset if someone challenges you on a ridiculous statement.